Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-25-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech

I'd like to know others thoughts of him as he's having a Demaryius type season so far. Of course he's a tough one to break down given his offensive system and the lack of pro routes he runs but IMO on physical tools alone he's a top 100 pick which ever year he is in the draft. He reminds me some of Braylon Edwards. Tall guy who is tough to bring down, and is just as likely to make a highlight wow catch as he is to make a horrible drop. I see flashes of brilliant ball skills but last year in particular he just drops easy passes. I think it will be interesting to see where he goes if he declares this year. If he has a 1000 yard year this year there really is no point in staying another year as there is nothing more he can prove in the GAtech option system.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah this kid is sick, he is WAY better than Demaryius Thomas. Much faster, more fluid on the field, this kid is a great looking prospect, big time receiver! Sure his statistics are inflated because of the lack of coverage at times, but he is faster and more athletic and Thomas was, and one could argue he is just a skinny version of Calvin Johnson, with probably worse hands than Johnson but arguably comparable speed.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it always amazes me how triple option teams get a WR out on the radar.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Yeah this kid is sick, he is WAY better than Demaryius Thomas. Much faster, more fluid on the field, this kid is a great looking prospect, big time receiver! Sure his statistics are inflated because of the lack of coverage at times, but he is faster and more athletic and Thomas was, and one could argue he is just a skinny version of Calvin Johnson, with probably worse hands than Johnson but arguably comparable speed.
I don't think he is going to come close to running a 4.34 or whatever CJ ran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:58 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not way better than Demaryius Thomas. He's not even better. It's doubful he goes in round one a la Thomas and Thomas put up insane numbers considering GT passed the ball far less during his tenure there and had a glorified RB/FB at QB in Nesbitt (although he was monsterous in that option).

Demaryius was fast as hell to boot at 6'3" 230.

During Thomas' junior year, he had 46 receptions for 1,154 yards and 8 touchdowns.

For comparisons sake, Tevin Washington has 42 attempts and 821 yards thus far in the season and GT has been out way ahead in three of its four games. Josh Nesbitt, in 2009, had 1,701 yards and 10 touchdowns passing.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's not way better than Demaryius Thomas. He's not even better. It's doubful he goes in round one a la Thomas and Thomas put up insane numbers considering GT passed the ball far less during his tenure there and had a glorified RB/FB at QB in Nesbitt (although he was monsterous in that option).

Demaryius was fast as hell to boot at 6'3" 230.

During Thomas' junior year, he had 46 receptions for 1,154 yards and 8 touchdowns.

For comparisons sake, Tevin Washington has 42 attempts and 821 yards thus far in the season and GT has been out way ahead in three of its four games. Josh Nesbitt, in 2009, had 1,701 yards and 10 touchdowns passing.
If he comes back for his senior season he will go round 1 I think. He could sneak into late 1st round if he comes out this year, but would be wise to stay.

Statistics do not tell it all, sure Nesbitt was an awful quarterback but Washington is not that much better of a passer, but the offense they play both players have distorted statistics so I just throw that out the window.

I feel Hill is a more fluid and natural athlete, less bulky and quicker. Did you not see the one handed catch he had against UNC? Kid is a player and if he sticks around another year he could become even better I feel.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Buc Baller12
Rookie

Buc Baller12 is a cocksman.Buc Baller12 is a cocksman.Buc Baller12 is a cocksman.

can i get an anlysis on hill? very intriguing too me
Old 02-13-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

do not like and still don't like thomas or anybody at skill positions coming from this crapshoot offense, bring in 6'5"ish wr run go routes get 1000 yards off of complete bs, bring in 230lb or 5'5" 160lb rb get 1000+ yards with an amazing ypc complete crap no way in hell to actually judge talent
Old 02-14-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great fit in San Diego, where all they run are go routes.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't say he's SICK. He's a big play WR that when actually GETS targeted...comes up for big plays. His lack of production this last year concerns me, but he's a player.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:03 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
I wouldn't say he's SICK. He's a big play WR that when actually GETS targeted...comes up for big plays. His lack of production this last year concerns me, but he's a player.
Lack of production? He had 820 yards a lead the nation with 29.3 yards per catch in an offense that only completed just over 6 passes a game.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said this in the Alshon thread, but I have the two of them very, very close.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Baller12 View Post
can i get an anlysis on hill? very intriguing too me
He's a skinny Brandon Marshall with just as much upside imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the idea of him in San Diego. That's a very, very good fit. Especially if they lose Jackson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I really like the idea of him in San Diego. That's a very, very good fit. Especially if they lose Jackson.
I'd be ok with him in the 2nd/3rd if we lose Jackson, and add a lesser guy like Meachem or something like that.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The issue that I have seen is that if I am a team picking WR in the 2nd round I do not see a ton of WRs with #1 potential.

Marvin McNutt
Dwight Jones
Nick Toon
Mo Sanu

The above guys all look like career #2 WRs and I do not see #1 WR potential.

Stephen Hill
Brian Quick

While raw they look like they could be impact players in the NFL.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Height: 6-4”
Weight: 215lbs
Arms: 33’ 3/8”
Hands: 9’3/8”
Forty: 4.30 & 4.31 (NFL says official time was 4.36)
Bench: 14 reps
Board: 11’10”
Vertical: 39.5”

Was outstanding in the drills & came across well in his NFL Network interview & his game tape shows he carries his athleticism to the field & plays with toughness…
Old 02-26-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I don't think he is going to come close to running a 4.34 or whatever CJ ran.
unlucky jrdylie ;)

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

I really hope the Pats don't some how get this kid.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/stephen...tech-game-tape
Old 02-26-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I really hope the Pats don't some how get this kid.
Agreed. Im tired of this team drafting the 'High-Upside Project Receiver' and cutting him 2-3 years later because they can't learn the system.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
Agreed. Im tired of this team drafting the 'High-Upside Project Receiver' and cutting him 2-3 years later because they can't learn the system.
He could run just 9 routes and be Randy Moss. If he's available at the bottom of the second, I'd do it in a heart beat.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
He could run just 9 routes and be Randy Moss. If he's available at the bottom of the second, I'd do it in a heart beat.
I doubt a guy with this upside makes it out of the top 40 picks.

If he shows he can catch passes from a real QB and cleanly at his Pro Day to confirm the combine results he could fly up like Demaryius Thomas.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
Height: 6-4”
Weight: 215lbs
Arms: 33’ 3/8”
Hands: 9’3/8”
Forty: 4.30 & 4.31 (NFL says official time was 4.36)
Bench: 14 reps
Board: 11’10”
Vertical: 39.5”

Was outstanding in the drills & came across well in his NFL Network interview & his game tape shows he carries his athleticism to the field & plays with toughness…
I think he put himself in the first round, I like him to the Pat's if he makes it to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
This is what I thought watching him on the NFL network. I doubt he makes it past Buffalo in the second right now (perfect fit IMO, with Gailey's offense). What about the first round, I think he is exactly what they need to open up that offense fully.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
I doubt a guy with this upside makes it out of the top 40 picks.

If he shows he can catch passes from a real QB and cleanly at his Pro Day to confirm the combine results he could fly up like Demaryius Thomas.
I agree completely.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote