Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-25-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default QBOTF?

Matt Cassel is down right bad. I do not want to here complaints about the play calling, the line, the coaching, the players around him, the injuries. Matt Cassel does not make plays, or should I say enough plays to be the person that you build your franchise around. I do not feel, unless Ricky Stanzi lights to world on fire, that the QB of the future is on the roster.

Matt Cassel has so many flaws. He throwing motion, long stride when he steps to throw, his wind up makes it unbearable to watch. Without the players on the team, and the worldy efforts of Bowe, Moeaki, Charles last year it would be Cassel who would not be on this team and a QB would have been drafted as KC would have been drafting top 10-12.

He is not the answer. He is a band-aid.

Nothing he does makes me feel like A. we could come from behind B. when its 3rd and 8 and D Bowe is not open he will just dump it off.

Makes me pissed.

Matt Barkley or Andrew Luck please. Matt Flynn or Brian Hoyer please. Someone OTHER THAN CASSEL!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. I like Cassel, but he'll never win us a game. It isn't his fault, he just isn't good enough.

He is definitely not the QB of the future here.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah he is a very solid player, but he doesn't have the ability to do lets say what Ryan Fitzpatrick did today.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Rodney Harrison just summed it up "How do you throw an INT on a screen pass?"
Quote:
Old 09-25-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Stanzi. It would be great for him to get a shot but I have come to my senses and realize if Luck or Barkley are available KC has to draft one of them. Cassell is a cool story, decent Qb but not a franchise QB
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we're in a position to draft Luck or Barkley, it's a slam dunk. It's a no brainer.

I hope we're able to draft Luck.. he'd come into a good situation here, but I don't know if we're first overall bad. We're definitely top 5 bad, but I'm not sure we're first overall bad.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flowers out for a couple weeks will help the Suck 4 Luck bandwagon roll another few weeks without a win..

seriously, elite QBs win. i want an elite QB here. Luck is the best QB prospect in quite some time. having that type of up side added to the team we already have could be an awesome combination. Barkley would be a nice 2nd place prize.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
Flowers out for a couple weeks will help the Suck 4 Luck bandwagon roll another few weeks without a win..

seriously, elite QBs win. i want an elite QB here. Luck is the best QB prospect in quite some time. having that type of up side added to the team we already have could be an awesome combination. Barkley would be a nice 2nd place prize.
Exactly. I want an elite QB prospect in KC. It isn't Cassel and it isn't Stanzi. I want to finally contend for championships, not for our division. A division win is nice, but contending for Super Bowls is the real prize.

And to be honest, we're not doing that with Cassel.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Luck by far, and Barkley looks good, but what does everyone think about Foles from Arizona, I saw a little bit of him and kind liked what I saw, has anyone seen very many of his games, or can tell me more about him, obviously if we have the first pick you take Luck, but I'm wondering what we do if we miss out on Luck.
chief_fan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Foles is ok, but I've heard RG3s name thrown around a lot lately. He is definitely someone to keep an eye on.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Thorny
Rookie

Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thorny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been noticing lately that most chiefs fans on here like the idea of getting Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley in the draft next year if the chiefs do end up with a top 5 pick. And while I myself as a fellow chief fan am all for it, I was wondering on how you guys would feel if lets say the chiefs had the third pick overall and luck and barkley go one-two in the draft. Would you be fine with drafting a guy like Landry Jones? Just curious because i know most of the talk is about the Cali QB's but how do you guys feel about Jones?

Sig By BoneKrusher
Thorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

weather it be Luck or Barkley I want a QB with all-star potential.I see the Aaron Rodger's and Matt Stafford's and I want a QB like that
Old 10-01-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Everything about this team is going wrong right now, when something like that happens for a team what was in the playoffs it is the job of the quarterback to right the ship. The quarterback needs to make the plays to put the team in the best position to compete. This quarterback cannot do that. I do not want to hear excuses about the playcalling, the plays needs to be executed even if its a 3rd and 8 screen pass or draw. If they called a draw, scan the defense audible out of it and make the damn play.

Cassel is a sloppy Qb mechanically. Cassel is not a qb that you put the ball in his hands when the team is down 10 with 6 minutes to go in the game. He needs players like Bowe, Breaston, Dex, Charles to make up for his lack of throwing ability. His arm/legs/mind cannot win a game alone.

In this league you need to have an elite Qb to become an elite championship contender. Cassel is not that guy.

Their are quarterbacks coming out in this draft that are. Cassel could be cut after this season and the cap hit would not be bad since all his guaranteed money has been paid out.
Quote:
Old 10-01-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe it's just me but I'm leaning towards wanting a new HC as well as a new QB.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i can definitely see a new HC. if the possible rift between Pioli and Haley is real, then it maybe a formality.

Haley has some quirks, but they were easy enough to deal with while we were winning a division title. now, they seem to be a big sticking point in the progression (or lack there of) for this team. for me, the tipping point was losing Weis at the end of last season because Haley couldn't co-exist with him. call me crazy, but i believe Weis was leaving long before the media found out about it. after week 16, this offense has been terrible. i just refuse to believe that not having Weis is a big reason for that and Haley gets all the blame for him leaving.

i don't know. all the little things that you can look past with 10 wins look like huge glaring problems at 0-3. especially when you figure in that absolutely nothing has gone correctly and you have ZERO faith that the current regime can turn it around
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The main problem I have with Haley is the fact he was touted to come in and bring an aggressive passing attack and the Chiefs have anything but that. Is it because Cassel sucks? Not too sure. But the passing game has been anything but impressive.

If the Chiefs end up as winners in the Suck for Luck bowl, he absolutely has to go.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't think Cassel can do what Haley wants to do with the offense.. he isn't good enough to do it, so I think Haley deserves another shot at this thing, but Cassel doesn't.

I look at our offensive line, our weapons etc, and I wonder how badass this offense would be with an actual franchise QB at the helm like Luck, Barkley or RG3. It would be a very good unit.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Right now the prospects for next year I have graded out in this order:
1. Andrew Luck
2. Matt Barkley
3. Landry Jones
4. Nick Foles
5. Ryan Tannehill
6. Ryan Lindley
Quote:
Old 10-06-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Vidae would disagree, but the more I have watched Landry Jones the more I see a quarterback stuck in a system that does not bring the best out of his skills. I have him slightly rated under Matt Barkley. I am DVR'ing the game vs. Texas, to see him work under center, make progressions, great zip on the ball, ball placement, timing and touch. He more than just a system spread QB.
Quote:
Old 10-06-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'd put Landry Jones ahead of Foles, Tannehill and Lindley too, but I'd have RG3 cemented as the third QB to enter the draft this year.

And I don't REALLY hate Jones, I'm just worried about those Oklahoma spread QBs.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'd put Landry Jones ahead of Foles, Tannehill and Lindley too, but I'd have RG3 cemented as the third QB to enter the draft this year.

And I don't REALLY hate Jones, I'm just worried about those Oklahoma spread QBs.
Cuz Sam Bradford BLOWS. :)
Quote:
Old 10-06-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think the Chiefs are going to have a shot at Luck. I mean don't get me wrong it's going to be a long year and they will draft top 10 maybe top 5 but not first.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I really don't think the Chiefs are going to have a shot at Luck. I mean don't get me wrong it's going to be a long year and they will draft top 10 maybe top 5 but not first.
STOP SIR STOP NOW.
Quote:
Old 10-06-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Don't blame me blame Hali... Dude is not letting that **** go down.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't think we're going to be #1 bad either, but there are always trade possibilities. I gotta keep the dream alive Splat!