Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 10-06-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I really don't think the Chiefs are going to have a shot at Luck. I mean don't get me wrong it's going to be a long year and they will draft top 10 maybe top 5 but not first.
I have doubts about top 5 as well. Winning 3 of the next 4 is possible, and 5-6 wins is more RG III than Andrew Luck, unless RG III keeps shooting up the charts. For the moment I will assume all Trojan heads are correct, and put RG III in the Locker/Gabbert/Ponder range. Frankly I think he thumps Ponder every day and twice on weekends, but that would be my opinion.

J

Last edited by onejayhawk : 10-06-2011 at 09:21 PM.
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I have doubts about top 5 as well. Winning 3 of the next 4 is possible, and 5-6 wins is more RG III than Andrew Luck, unless RG III keeps shooting up the charts. For the moment I will assume all Trojan heads are correct, and put RG III in the Locker/Gabbert/Ponder range. Frankly I think he thumps Ponder every day and twice on weekends, but that would be my opinion.

J
But it wouldn't be JUST your opinion.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd certainly put RG3 up there...and I kind of like him better than Barkley in a lot of ways.

I'd probably have the 2012 and 2011 prospects as...

1. Locker
2. Luck
3. Mallett
4. Newton
5. RG3
6. Barkley
7. Gabbert
Old 10-06-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not on the RG3 bandwagon just yet but it should be fun watching the parade go by.

Two things bother me; his size, 6'2' and 220 seems extremely generous and the fact that he comes from a spread offense. I suspect some questions (like height & weight) won't be answered until the combine.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'd certainly put RG3 up there...and I kind of like him better than Barkley in a lot of ways.

1. Locker
2. Luck

3. Mallett
4. Newton
5. RG3
6. Barkley
7. Gabbert
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
I'm not on the RG3 bandwagon just yet but it should be fun watching the parade go by.

Two things bother me; his size, 6'2' and 220 seems extremely generous and the fact that he comes from a spread offense. I suspect some questions (like height & weight) won't be answered until the combine.
6'2 is being generous for sure and he does play in the spread but he's got so much gd talent that it's hard to not like him.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not arguing against Luck there. I just had Locker ranked really, really high. Will say that Luck is starting to change my mind, but there's still that bit of Leinartness about him that worries me slightly.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:07 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Locker
2. Luck
3. Mallett
4. Newton
5. RG3
6. Barkley
7. Gabbert
Here let me fix that list for you.

1. Luck
2. Barkley
3. Newton
4. RG3
5. Locker
6. Gabbert
7. Mallett

You seem overly critical on Barkley.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:16 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Not critical of Barkley. Those guys are ******* elite prospects. I love Barkley. The only guy on that list I'm super iffy on is Gabbert because he seems to lack confidence. People horribly underrate how amazing the QBs of the past draft are and how awesome the coming class is, too.

Ponder and Landry are on the same level for me. Not sure how Ponder got in the first round or how Mallett landed in the 3rd. Whatever, NFL teams are stupid sometimes.

In most normal years, Ricky Stanzi would have been making a case as a first round prospect.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:35 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
or how Mallett landed in the 3rd.
To start, word was anything but uncommon down in Arkansas that Mallett loved him some cocaine.

Sprinkle in some questions about his intelligence, ability to keep his composure in critical situations, and the possibility of being nothing more than a product of the system and you've got a free falling draft prospect.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:39 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not arguing against Luck there. I just had Locker ranked really, really high. Will say that Luck is starting to change my mind, but there's still that bit of Leinartness about him that worries me slightly.
Leinart never put the work in, he'd rather be out having a good time. There's no question about Luck's work ethic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2K6It85BK4. Luck's just on a totally different level mentally from most of the previous top QB prospects.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:52 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
To start, word was anything but uncommon down in Arkansas that Mallett loved him some cocaine.

Sprinkle in some questions about his intelligence, ability to keep his composure in critical situations, and the possibility of being nothing more than a product of the system and you've got a free falling draft prospect.
None of those had any teeth, though. He lacked intelligence because of his accent? Inability to keep composure? I never saw that at Arkansas. I saw him have to calm his teammates down quite often and he played against the toughest defenses in college football...

I don't get the product of a system under Petrino. Petrino calls good plays. He's had two QBs go to the NFL. Stefan LeFors was undersized and had a ton of family responsibilities to deal with (because his entire family is deaf - basically). And Brian Brohm was the typical overcoached, thus uncoachable phenom in the vein of Todd Marinovich and probably now Jimmy Clausen. Mallett was obviously coachable because of the massive changes he made in his mechanics from his time at Michigan.

I get that those were the arguments - not necessarily yours. But I called BS on them at the time and still do. The one caveat with my rankings is that I would have drafted Cam Newton over Mallett simply because you have to with Newton's potential and what I perceived to be very minor mechanical adjustments needed for him to get to the nitty gritty of becoming an NFL QB.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post

The 6'2" is legit, or close to it. He's dead on my height, and I'm 6' 1 3/4. The 220 is iffy.

The thing that is turning heads is the completion %. Also TD/INT. As a pure drop back passer he rates 2nd round. Yes, Baylor plays spread. Yes there is a ton of sideways throwing, but still. The world class speed is a bonus.

I have never been a big Barkley fan. So he started as a frosh at USC. That says more about the competition than about him.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:31 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Foles is the next Ben Roethlisberger, but with a stronger arm. With what he has to work with, he's doing a damn good job. 3rd in the nation in passing with A 116th ranked rushing attack and WR's who constantly drop his passes.
This kid's gonna be special and I want him in red and gold next year.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:31 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Nick Foles is the next Ben Roethlisberger, but with a stronger arm. With what he has to work with, he's doing a damn good job. 3rd in the nation in passing with A 116th ranked rushing attack and WR's who constantly drop his passes.
This kid's gonna be special and I want him in red and gold next year.
I have no idea why I'm in the Chiefs thread so this is going to be really random....Nick Foles is nothing like Big Ben. Foles is terrible moving around in the pocket, hes in a very QB friendly system, and him arm is overrated. Its good, but its overrated.

If the Chiefs have a shot at Luck or Barkley, we are talkin QB of the future....otherwise i dont like anyone else. Maybe RG3 if you have the patience to let him develop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time to watch some Landry Jones vs. Texas. I will be taking game notes and will be reporting on a regular basis in the draft thread then final report will come in this thread.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Matt Cassel does not make plays, or should I say enough plays to be the person that you build your franchise around.
Matt Cassel has so many flaws. He throwing motion, long stride when he steps to throw, his wind up makes it unbearable to watch. Without the players on the team, and the worldy efforts of Bowe, Moeaki, Charles last year it would be Cassel who would not be on this team and a QB would have been drafted as KC would have been drafting top 10-12.

He is not the answer. He is a band-aid.

Matt Barkley or Andrew Luck please. Matt Flynn or Brian Hoyer please. Someone OTHER THAN CASSEL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Yeah he is a very solid player, but he doesn't have the ability to do lets say what Ryan Fitzpatrick did today.

I will eat some crow, but remember the game versus the Colts well was versus the Colts. Cassel played very good, the defense stepped up, the running game was there against an awful team.

Lets see how he does next week, I still think QB is the biggest need.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who the **** is wearing Cassel's jersey on Sundays?!? this is a completely different player these last 6 quarters. today he stayed in the pocket, delivered catchable strikes on time and by god, he ******* made plays!

boe, i'm with you. i still believe QB play is #1, but only because of a lack of consistency. a few more games similar to this one and QB may start moving down the list.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
who the **** is wearing Cassel's jersey on Sundays?!? this is a completely different player these last 6 quarters. today he stayed in the pocket, delivered catchable strikes on time and by god, he ******* made plays!

boe, i'm with you. i still believe QB play is #1, but only because of a lack of consistency. a few more games similar to this one and QB may start moving down the list.
He has two receivers getting open and Muir has called 3 excellent games in a row now. Also, Colbert did a nice job as the third receiver and the RBs were in the right spots in the passing game. Kind of what I've been saying.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It won't move down the list and people need to calm down. He played well against the (then) 0-3 Vikings and the 0-4 Colts. We already knew he could beat ****** defenses.. we learned that last year.. what he CAN'T do it play well against even SOLID teams.

I suppose you guys think that Jackie Battle is a legit RB too?

Last edited by vidae : 10-09-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Dont overreact to 6 quarters against teams with a combined 1 win on the season.
Quote:
Old 10-09-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It won't move down the list and people need to calm down. He played well against the (then) 0-3 Vikings and the 0-4 Colts. We already knew he could beat ****** defenses.. we learned that last year.. what he CAN'T do it play well against even SOLID teams.

I suppose you guys think that Jackie Battle is a legit RB too?
Jackie Battle's the best the Chiefs have right now. He ran hard and was seeing the holes quickly. Hopefully he can continue to do so the rest of the season because they really need him to.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Jackie Battle's the best the Chiefs have right now. He ran hard and was seeing the holes quickly. Hopefully he can continue to do so the rest of the season because they really need him to.
You said a lot there without saying anything. The best the Chiefs have? Yes. A legit NFL RB? Absolutely not. You can't play soft defenses and think it means anything. It doesn't.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You said a lot there without saying anything. The best the Chiefs have? Yes. A legit NFL RB? Absolutely not. You can't play soft defenses and think it means anything. It doesn't.
Meh... He was doing it against the Vikings and they're generally fairly stout run defense. He showed good vision and ran hard. Not much more you can ask for... He seemed to gain confidence in himself. Hopefully it continues.

Battle's negatives are his quickness and balance. He can't make sharp cuts and his height hurts him. I think if he was a couple inches shorter, he'd be able to make those cuts and would have been a really good RB in the NFL already.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The Vikings run D hasn't been the same for at LEAST a year. I'm still not sold, on Battle OR Cassel, and beating an 0-3 and an 0-4 team is not going to change my mind on it.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Lets talk about this 3 months from now when the Chiefs are 6-10 and Cassel has 57% comp, 20 TDS, 11 INTs, 3200 yards. Upgradable EASILY. You upgrade those numbers with the weapons on KC, you have a playoff team year in year out. Bros!
Quote: