Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 10-09-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6-10 is a bit much. I'm saying 4-12 or 5-11 max for this club.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am trying to be optimistic!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
None of those had any teeth, though. He lacked intelligence because of his accent? Inability to keep composure? I never saw that at Arkansas. I saw him have to calm his teammates down quite often and he played against the toughest defenses in college football...

I don't get the product of a system under Petrino. Petrino calls good plays. He's had two QBs go to the NFL. Stefan LeFors was undersized and had a ton of family responsibilities to deal with (because his entire family is deaf - basically). And Brian Brohm was the typical overcoached, thus uncoachable phenom in the vein of Todd Marinovich and probably now Jimmy Clausen. Mallett was obviously coachable because of the massive changes he made in his mechanics from his time at Michigan.

I get that those were the arguments - not necessarily yours. But I called BS on them at the time and still do. The one caveat with my rankings is that I would have drafted Cam Newton over Mallett simply because you have to with Newton's potential and what I perceived to be very minor mechanical adjustments needed for him to get to the nitty gritty of becoming an NFL QB.
If you throw enough **** against the wall, and there's not enough strong opposition against it..things like that happen. It seems whatever he said stuck with 31 other teams, multiple times.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel is a guy you keep around for a few years to keep your team from disaster, but that is not happening. He is not that guy that bring KC Championships, or singular a Championship. Plus he is paid like a top 5-8 QB, he is just as good as Alex Smith is right now, wait I would take Alex right now over him.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys keep saying these things, but they just aren't factual at all. He's 26-24 as a starter, and we all agree that 2009 (which accounts for nearly half his losses) was a team that no QB could do anything with - they were bad everywhere and the interior line gave up insane amounts of pressure.

I just see a bunch of fans who are hung up on the preseason and the first two games. Then I see some who are hung up on the Baltimore game, which is insane. Baltimore was an incredible team and the Chiefs just didn't have the man power to compete with them last year - especially not without Moeaki. The Chiefs were just happy to be in the playoffs, the Ravens weren't satisfied with just being in the playoffs.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll continue to have our opinion, you'll continue to be blind and blame everyone but Cassel, but this is just getting old.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
6-10 is a bit much. I'm saying 4-12 or 5-11 max for this club.
That is excessive IMO. We already have 2 wins, and 4 games against the Broncos and Raiders still coming. 6-10 is a nice comfortable target, which we could, and perhaps should, hit.

On the general subject of QB, Cassell is OK in his present role. Stanzi may show enough to bump him. We may pick a high round QB next spring. For now he fills the hole well enough. I could list at least half a dozen current starting QBs who give less.

J

Last edited by onejayhawk : 10-16-2011 at 02:23 PM.
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
That is excessive IMO. We already have 2 wins, and 4 games against the Broncos and Raiders still coming.
You mean the team that beat the Chiefs twice last year when the Chiefs were healthy?

The Raiders are better this year than they were last year and the Chiefs are worse. I don't see the Chiefs beating the Raiders in either game.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah, we might sweep the Broncos but I don't see us beating the Raiders or Chargers this year, and even then I think we split with the Broncos and go 1-1.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
You mean the team that beat the Chiefs twice last year when the Chiefs were healthy?

The Raiders are better this year than they were last year and the Chiefs are worse. I don't see the Chiefs beating the Raiders in either game.
Yes them.

I think the Chiefs have a good chance next week in Oakland. About the last game, who can say? The chances are good that it will not matter.

Also, as videa says, we dont ahve to beat the Raiders to win 2 of 4. That being said, I hope for 3-3 in division. That would give us 5 wins. The remaining 6 games are brutal, but pull out 2 and we are 7-9.

BTW, not much has been said of the conditioning program. This is about when you should start seeing return on investment.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Their are some criteria that define a franchise QB that Cassel has yet to prove. He finally showed that he can win a game from behind more than 2 scores but it was vs. the Colts. He has not thrown for a completion percentage of 65 or more during any ten game stretch in his career never mind maxing out at 4 I think two times. His completion percentage makes me very sick at times especially with the watered down play calling the Chiefs have done since he has showed up. The least you could do on passes under 15 yards, which account for 60% of this throws would be 75% completion. I want to see a game in which KC does not run for 100 yards in which Cassel wins. (including his rushing yards) The win vs. Pittsburgh, two years is the only game in which KC rushed less than 100 yards and KC won.

You cannot lean on your running game to go beyond just one game of the playoffs.
Quote:
Old 10-17-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, but you also have to be fair and look at what he's been throwing to in 2009 and 2010... We all know about the drops in 2009 and the sacks the interior line gave up. This was supposed to be the first year he had a decent array of receivers to throw to, but with Breaston coming in late with a short off-season and everyone else getting injured, he's just had Bowe until the last two and a half weeks.

Last year was the first time he had two decent targets, but Moeaki got hurt and teams figured out take away Bowe.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had to take a shot in the dark, I'm going to go on record now and say the Chiefs end up signing Chad Henne during the off-season as a just in case deal.

He will be a FA with a new regime coming in, that will be high enough in the draft and certainly will draft a new QB. He's a Parcells selection, so I'm sure Bill will be saying good things about him.

The idea doesn't thrill me, but I'm going to start preparing for it to happen.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:34 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Highly doubt that one. They seem really happy with Stanzi and will probably roll with just he and Cassel next year. They'll bring in a couple QBs to check out during training camp, but they'll be more just-in-case guys to help save a roster spot.

And I think Haley's safe at this point. I'm guessing the issues he had with Pioli were to do with how he handled the pre-season. That turned out bad early, but they're winning now so we'll see...

Henne's a good fit to go be a backup somewhere like Dallas with Kitna getting up in age. It's kind of mind blowing how Henne can look so great at times, but then just look like complete **** without much transition period or warning. Might also be a fit in Washington.

Last edited by nepg : 10-18-2011 at 07:37 AM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I think regardless of drafting someone early or not Cassel should be the QB next year to be used in a mentor role. Cassel is the hardest worker in the building. But he is not the guy to bring the Chiefs a Lombardi unless we get an elite defense but we are about 3-4 pieces from that. At least.

The game vs. the Raiders proved to me he is still not the guy long term. He is good for one more year.
Quote:
Old 10-24-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's so freaking weak that Jamaal and Mo are hurt because the O could be down right scary with those two playing.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Highly doubt that one. They seem really happy with Stanzi and will probably roll with just he and Cassel next year. They'll bring in a couple QBs to check out during training camp, but they'll be more just-in-case guys to help save a roster spot.

And I think Haley's safe at this point. I'm guessing the issues he had with Pioli were to do with how he handled the pre-season. That turned out bad early, but they're winning now so we'll see...

Henne's a good fit to go be a backup somewhere like Dallas with Kitna getting up in age. It's kind of mind blowing how Henne can look so great at times, but then just look like complete **** without much transition period or warning. Might also be a fit in Washington.
Gonna disagree. I don't think they are going to hedge their bets on a second year QB that's seen little playing time if they can avoid it. It's nothing against Stanzi, and I think they do like him, it's just they're probably going to want a solid Plan B if Matt craps his pants in 2012.

(That's saying they miss out on the top of the crop in the '12 class, which it's looking like they will)
Old 10-25-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I can see maybe a trade back and snagging someone like Tannehill or a trade up to grab a Barkley or Landry Jones, but I completely agree with BOE here: Cassel is not the long term answer. And I really don't think Stanzi is either.

If we add a legit QB into this offense, with Jamaal and Tony being healthy? This is a SCARY offense. Without it we'll never be more than mediocre.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

Cassel is obviously not the answer, but man would I be shocked if Pioli made a power play to grab a QB.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
Cassel is obviously not the answer, but man would I be shocked if Pioli made a power play to grab a QB.
I would be too. It isn't going to happen. But a guy can dream.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I WOULD LOVE FOR STANZI TO BE THE ANSWER!
Quote:
Old 10-26-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

But he's not.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
But he's not.
you're not. :D
Quote:
Old 10-26-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
you're not. :D
You take that back!

/me punches boe in the face

Old 10-26-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
You take that back!

/me punches boe in the face
/me cries and weaps

vidae. we are.

/me stabs vidae in the dick
Quote: