Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 10-02-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel had a good second half, but he was playing the Vikings.

It was all about the defense today. They stepped it up.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
lol I doubt it. Cassel sucks beyond suck.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel played alot better in this game than in the past and the defense played very well. getting more than Bowe involved in the passing game really opened things up. our running game has been repulsive. 3.7 ypc won't get it done. this makes me think that Charles made this oline look good last year. every other RB has been mediocre at best
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every other RB on the team is mediocre at best. Battle and Jones are just not good. I'd love for us to add some young fresh legs to the backfield this draft to help Charles. Jones has nothing left.

Cassel played well against another 0-3 team, and he still made some dumbass mistakes. I still don't think he is the future QB for this team and now RG3 is looking at lot more attractive for us in the first this year.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man Hali was a flat out MONSTER today
Old 10-02-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not the OL. It's the RBs. They don't get to the hole and they fall down on first contact (Jones falls down even before that). Battle's been the best runningback... Ouch.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings may have the dumbest coaching staff in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I still don't think he is the future QB for this team
He's not. One game where he stops pissing down his leg for a half against one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL doesn't make him established.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's not the OL. It's the RBs. They don't get to the hole and they fall down on first contact (Jones falls down even before that). Battle's been the best runningback... Ouch.
Our OLine is not very good and hasn't been for a long time. We can not push any team, even the Broncos on short yardage plays and that should not happen. If we played ourselves out of the Luck sweepstakes today there are quite a few legit tackle prospects at the top of the next draft.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
Our OLine is not very good and hasn't been for a long time. We can not push any team, even the Broncos on short yardage plays and that should not happen. If we played ourselves out of the Luck sweepstakes today there are quite a few legit tackle prospects at the top of the next draft.
The OL has been fine. They put up 100 yards on the best run defense in the NFL. The running backs aren't getting to the holes.

Last edited by nepg : 10-03-2011 at 01:02 AM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if there is anyone in the NFL that gets held more than Hali.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure it's a good indicator for future success when the QB and HC looked like they wanted to strangle each other on the sideline
Old 10-03-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't think it really matters that they argued.. Haley does that with everyone, but I still don't see us winning any meaningful January games with Cassel at QB.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel stepped up his game after Todd ripped in to him so I say yell at him every week lol.

Joking aside I still think the Chiefs will be picking in the top 10 of the draft but the D alone will keep them from picking top 5.

Last edited by Splat : 10-03-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that's more how I expected the D to play, that TD by Jenkins wasn't a TD was it? To me it looked like he never did get his second foot down, I don't understand why they didn't review it. The biggest thing we really need help on is depth, I think it really shows when the only position we really rotate anymore is D-Line, although I am glad we are seeing less rotation at WR, less Copper and Urban is a GREAT thing, right now my top needs would be, QB, S, CB, RB, ILB and TE.

Also one last thing, has Powe been active yet this year, I've noticed that Gordon guy at NT and he has looked decent, but I really want to see Powe.
chief_fan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Yeah, that was not a touchdown and I was confused that it wasn't brought back as well.

For current needs - not off-season needs, the Chiefs need to find a RB and TE (Pope is fine as the starter, but you need 3 solid TEs in this offense). I'm more comfortable with Jackie Battle than any other RB on their roster. I'd like them to sign Dan Gronkowski as he's a massive upgrade over O'Connell and is a strong blocker.

They need to find a fourth and fifth receiver when Baldwin gets into the fold (Colbert might be fine). It will be interesting to see what the offense can do with Baldwin because they'll have 4 solid targets and can spread things out (where Cassel is most comfortable).

And there's not too much that can be done at S...they need to get a bit more athletic, but I think everyone on the defense has stepped it up a great deal the last two games. I don't dislike Piscitelli and McGraw as the 3rd and 4th guys there...unfortunate that Berry is hurt. Lewis has made huge jumps in his quality of play since the Lions game.

Pretty sure Powe was in there the first couple of games. NT is just a position that takes time to learn and conditioning to be able to play at this level. No rookie comes into the NFL and starts at NT from Day 1. Not Wilfork, not Hampton, not Raji, etc.

Last edited by nepg : 10-03-2011 at 03:11 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
chief_fan88
Rookie

chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chief_fan88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, that was not a touchdown and I was confused that it wasn't brought back as well.

For current needs - not off-season needs, the Chiefs need to find a RB and TE (Pope is fine as the starter, but you need 3 solid TEs in this offense). I'm more comfortable with Jackie Battle than any other RB on their roster. I'd like them to sign Dan Gronkowski as he's a massive upgrade over O'Connell and is a strong blocker.

They need to find a fourth and fifth receiver when Baldwin gets into the fold (Colbert might be fine). It will be interesting to see what the offense can do with Baldwin because they'll have 4 solid targets and can spread things out (where Cassel is most comfortable).

And there's not too much that can be done at S...they need to get a bit more athletic, but I think everyone on the defense has stepped it up a great deal the last two games. I don't dislike Piscitelli and McGraw as the 3rd and 4th guys there...unfortunate that Berry is hurt. Lewis has made huge jumps in his quality of play since the Lions game.

Pretty sure Powe was in there the first couple of games. NT is just a position that takes time to learn and conditioning to be able to play at this level. No rookie comes into the NFL and starts at NT from Day 1. Not Wilfork, not Hampton, not Raji, etc.
Well I'm not expecting Powe to start, I just want to see him play, I can't remember seeing him, even though I thought he looked real good in preseason.

At S I agree with the fact they need to get more athletic, Donald Washington played a lot yesterday at S, and I like him WAY better than Piscitelli and slightly better than McGraw, McGraw is really good at run support and ST, but when he plays more than about 30% of defensive snaps, we have problems, Piscitelli shouldn't be on this team period he is just awful.

WR I like a top 5 of Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Colbert(for now I think he has looked like a good slot guy), and Horne, I am just done with Copper, he doesn't bring anything significant to the team, I don't notice him on ST, however I have noticed Horne, maybe bring in another draft pick for depth next year, but I think those 5 are good right now, and by good I mean upper half of the NFL WR core, if Cassel can't get it done with them, he just never will that is way more of a receiving group than we have had in probably decades.

TE like you said they need more depth, most teams are at least 2 deep, and alot have a pretty good third TE too, which is what I think Pope is, come in as another blocker, like Jason Dunn lite. We really need another RB, if they took a couple of them in the up coming draft I wouldn't be upset.

Oh and if Hali was a step quicker he probably had 4 sacks yesterday, I'm glad to see he still is getting after it even with the big contract he got. I guess I would also like to see them get another OG to replace Lilja, someone bigger with more strength so we can run it up inside better with any RB.
chief_fan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The OL while not great isn't the problem they just don't have the kinda of RB they need to do what they want to do on offense.

Jones is old and slow McClain is a FB not a RB McCluster is a gimmick player and that is not a knock on him it's just what he is and Battle is well Battle.

They need a speed back to do what they want to do.

Last edited by Splat : 10-03-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Our needs, as of Week 4:

1. QB
2. QB
3. QB
4. RB
5. TE/WR depth

Old 10-03-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OLine isn't the biggest problem, but it certainly is a problem.

Albert is actually quietly having a good season and Asamoah. Casey is old and limited of course, but he's still effective. Lilja has fallen off a cliff this season and Richardson was a turnstile against the Vikings.

Unless Lilja can turn things around, I wouldn't be shocked if he eventually gets benched for Hudson.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Lilja's having minor issues converting to the left side. Not really worried about anyone on the line. They've been solid this year. Upper half of the league so far as a unit.

Let's bust up the Colts and head into the BYE week with some momentum and iron out some of the glitches! I'm excited to get things rolling again.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
Unless Lilja can turn things around, I wouldn't be shocked if he eventually gets benched for Hudson.
I doubt that. Hudson showed in preseason that he has no business playing G.

I still feel he is our future at C but in no way is he a G.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Lilja's having minor issues converting to the left side. Not really worried about anyone on the line. They've been solid this year. Upper half of the league so far as a unit.

Let's bust up the Colts and head into the BYE week with some momentum and iron out some of the glitches! I'm excited to get things rolling again.
Yeah! I hope we miss out on a top flight franchise QB so we can continue to be mediocre for the next decade!

Old 10-04-2011, 12:34 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I doubt that. Hudson showed in preseason that he has no business playing G.

I still feel he is our future at C but in no way is he a G.
While I agree with that this year, it's not outside the realm of possibility for Hudson to develop the requisite skills and physical ability to be a more adequate option at OG. Fortunately, we only have to worry about that this year - supposedly. But, yeah, Lilja's job is beyond safe.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:02 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah! I hope we miss out on a top flight franchise QB so we can continue to be mediocre for the next decade!
Yeah...sorry. Not going to root against a team 4 games into the season.

Sure, they lost 2 games I had them winning, and didn't look like they got out of pre-season mode until San Diego... But they've obviously gotten their **** together. We don't know where the teams in the rough part of the schedule will be when the Chiefs roll through it, and we don't know how much better Baldwin will make the Chiefs.

The Chiefs should be the favorite going into the Indianapolis game, and I'm really looking forward to it. This is when backing your team should be the most fun. They've got it together and are an underdog to make the playoffs, but not out of the picture.

The whole 'Suck for Luck' and 'They Can't Win With Cassel' lines are such ********. They proved they could win a lot of games with Cassel last year with dog **** receivers for him to work with. Moeaki's injury and teams just figuring out how to beat their passing game (Moeaki kept the safety from rolling over the top, which gave Bowe 1-on-1 match-ups) caught up to them in the end. That's why they went out and got Breaston and Baldwin.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Are you serious right now? We've got our **** together? We played solidly in the second half against the Chargers (who struggle in September) and we beat a dog **** 0-3 Vikings team by 5, while scoring a SINGLE TOUCHDOWN.

I have absolutely no idea how you're sitting here thinking the Chiefs are anything but struggling, yet you're still here spouting the same nonsense you've been saying all year.

And I'm hardly rooting against the Chiefs, but at least I'm being realistic. You thinking that Cassel is the future QB for this team is laughable at best and ******* stupid at worst. We won games last year because we faced absolute **** defenses, and even then he was just ok. That is all he'll ever be.

This crap from you is seriously getting old.

The bottom line is that Cassel will never win us any meaningful games and you're the only person in the entire world who thinks otherwise.