Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 10-04-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings are a solid team. They have issues of their own, but the Chiefs beat a solid team that they were just better than. It's not like the Vikings have been getting blown out by scrub teams.

They struggled the first two games on offense (I'm not faulting the defense for throwing in the towel in the second half of those games), but have been a much different team after making adjustments in the last two games.

The third game, they were ultra conservative with their playcalling in the first half. I hated it at the time, but I understand why they did it and can see how they benefited from it later in that game and in the following game.

The next step was to continue to build on things they did in the third game and come out with a win at home. They very much so did that. They continued getting the ball to Breaston and put away a solid team in the second half.

Now they need to work on turning field goals into touchdowns. They were within the Vikings' 10 yard line twice and settled for field goals. Those are situations they still need to work on. I think Baldwin will be huge in that area - if nothing else, he'll draw serious attention because of his ability to go up and get the ball. That's a spot where they miss Moeaki.

This team has things to work on. That's not a bad thing. If they continue to fix issues, they should hit their peak at the right time in the season.

I don't get this Cassel can't win games crap. Zero evidence of that. So far the only argument is that he didn't turn Jereme Urban and Terrance Copper into Pierre Garcon and Deion Branch. The other argument is the Chiefs lost to a Baltimore Ravens team no one game them any shot at beating.

Yes, they were exposed in the playoffs. But you're putting it ALL on Cassel when the fact of the matter is that they just didn't have that much on offense. Aside from Bowe, the other receivers had a combined 46 catches for 484 yards and 2 touchdowns. There's a reason their #1 objective of the off-season was to get an outside receiver (Baldwin) and a slot receiver (Breaston).

Last edited by nepg : 10-04-2011 at 03:39 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, it isn't all on Cassel at all. A lot of it is though.

The WR group needs to get better. The play calling needs to get better. We can't run the ball. All of these things factor into our offense being stagnant.

But, Cassel is still a problem too. I don't know why you can't see it, but he's not a franchise QB. The only way we're going to take the next step is if he draft a franchise caliber QB and develop him ourselves, something the Chiefs have never done in 50+ years.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't get this Cassel can't win games crap. Zero evidence of that.
You are joking right?
Old 10-04-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
You are joking right?
Suck-Up and the defense won this game, Cassel only had one TD and it was badly under thrown, Bowe almost dropped it.

and the Vikes pass defense was ranked 22nd i think, so much like last season give Cassel a poor pass defense and we can live with his play but put him against a top ten defense and he'd dead in the water.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^

Cassel can win games if either the running game and or the D put him in a position to win.

I have no faith in him putting the team on his shoulders and winning a game.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
^^^

Cassel can win games if either the running game and or the D put him in a position to win.

I have no faith in him putting the team on his shoulders and winning a game.
exactly what i've figured out, i'm tired of Average i want the Best.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I would love nothing more than for the guy to prove me wrong. I would gladly eat crow I just don't see it.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You won't be eating crow, because you're absolutely right about him.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I would love nothing more than for the guy to prove me wrong. I would gladly eat crow I just don't see it.
yeah me too because i want a winner in KC but i jumped off the Cassel bandwagon last Jan. after the Raiders game week 17 and the Ravens wild Card game.

that crap carried over into this season.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think all of us though this about Cassel after year 1, but we had to give him more time. last year he did well in the situations he was put in and it masked all of his weaknesses. we all bought into the Cassel thing and said, "maybe he just put it all together and he'll keep making the progress needed to become a big time NFL QB." now, we've seen him back at the SAME level he was at his 1st year. if he isn't playing a terrible defense or our running game/defense hasn't given him a large cushion, then he is not a good QB.

at some point you have to look at his games and his progress and see that he feasts on the terrible defenses and struggles against quality opponents. not all of that is because he has no WRs. alot of that has to fall on his shoulders. this is now year 3 of a large gamble. if he can't help his team make plays against playoff or SB contending teams, then he has no place on my team!

he's good enough to make the Vikes secondary look bad with terrible WRs, but he can't make 1 ******* play against a good team?!? that's ********. he needs to be the leader this team needs and create something if he is ever to be a good QB. otherwise, he is exactly what he is right now, a good backup QB.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well, all of us agree except nepg and he hasn't give a single reason or shred of proof to why he thinks Cassel is "fine" yet.

Oh well. Hopefully Pioli and Haley realize this and find a way for us to draft a franchise caliber QB like Luck, Barkley or RG3. I'm not a huge fan of Jones but even he'd be an upgrade.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't like much coming out of Boomer Sooner Country. it's gotta be a special player like AD and i don't think Landry is that caliber of player.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I agree, which is why I hope that Griffin declares and we target him. I've got a huge mancrush on him this year and my love for him is only surpassed by my love for Luck.. so if we can get either of those guys I'll be happy.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
i don't like much coming out of Boomer Sooner Country. it's gotta be a special player like AD and i don't think Landry is that caliber of player.
I've actually been more impressed with Jones this year than I ever was before. I went to the Mizzou game in Norman and he threw two of the best fade passes I have seen in quite some time. He does seem mistake prone when pressured which obviously is not a good thing, but he throws the ball very well and I would be happy with him if he was our QB going forward.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote