Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-24-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
My high school was majority asian. like 60-80 %. we were ranked as like the 70th best HS in california. probably because of them.

but due to the large sample size, i saw asians from both categories. some were downright idiots.
and it's not like they are genetically predisposed to being smarter. They just study a lot for whatever reason.

Doctor or bust expectations?
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
and it's not like they are genetically predisposed to being smarter. They just study a lot for whatever reason.
i think white people are just lazy.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
pressure from parents. azn parents so strict.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We actually just studied this. Yeah, mostly parental and family support. Also in Japan there is a triangulation of Parents, Media, and government support for education, even though the teachers suck ass, the students do well.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
No desire to gain a PhD level in everything ≠ laziness.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
true. but it's not the rule. this topic is way past homework help. poor metsox won't even know that when i stop working at 8pm, i'll be able to give him a hand with his nonconstant and constant growth problem (which if you read this, the first one is a constant growth for 3 years, and then a non constant for 2 years)

Old 10-24-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I 100 percent agree.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
We actually just studied this. Yeah, mostly parental and family support. Also in Japan there is a triangulation of Parents, Media, and government support for education, even though the teachers suck ass, the students do well.
And it's not necessarily pressure. It's why white folks parents who tend to have some academic degree of professorship tend to have kids who also reach some professorship level.

doctors spawn other doctors.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And it's not necessarily pressure. It's why white folks parents who tend to have some academic degree of professorship tend to have kids who also reach some professorship level.

Yeah, I never said it was pressure, just support.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 10-24-2008, 01:34 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, I never said it was pressure, just support.
it was directed more towards d3

Quote:

Old 10-24-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
it was directed more towards d3
My bad, the quote threw me off!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 10-24-2008, 01:39 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
My bad, the quote threw me off!
context!

p.s. if anyone has any sort of certification in programming in an agile environment... please let me know. i might pay for you to come down to south africa because all my newbies are incompetent.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:51 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

well i didnt mean to zero into one thing that it was. i think it might be the biggest factor though.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i can actually help you with those.

it's due 4am? or 4pm?

if it's 4pm i'll have more time seeing as i have meetings most of today.
Well those were actually for thursday, so i'm screwed, lol, but i appreciate the would-be help. Next time ill post with more than a few hours to spare haha.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a Eassy due this week and the topic my teacher gave me..its hard to think of ideas to write about i just need some ideas to write about. Any ideas would help!!!

heres the prompt

"Write an essay showing you or someone else's entry into a specific public space (for exampe, a bus, party, elevator, or table at the library) influenced other people's behavior. Identify the possible reasons that thers reacted as they did, and explain how their reactions, in turn, affected the newcomer. User your analysis to reach some conclusions about human nature"

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
"Write an essay showing how you or someone else's entry into a specific public space (for example, a bus, party, elevator, or table at the library) influenced other people's behavior. Identify the possible reasons that others reacted as they did, and explain how their reactions, in turn, affected the newcomer. User your analysis to reach some conclusions about human nature"
The easiest one here would be something about race.

Regardless of what angle you take, things you may notice about human nature would obviously scripted responses/interaction (polite fictions) or sociocultural presumptions about certain people and etc., it's a pretty easy assignment.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The easiest one here would be something about race.

Regardless of what angle you take, things you may notice about human nature would obviously scripted responses/interaction (polite fictions) or sociocultural presumptions about certain people and etc., it's a pretty easy assignment.
Yeah i got that part, but its the organizing it into a essay is whats making it difficult for me. I was watching this video on youtube earlier similar to this essay its pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRfjLfyXYlA

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

20 examples and explanations of Neoconservative bias in Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.

Do it!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
20 examples and explanations of Neoconservative bias in Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.

Do it!
Stalin. Stalin. Stalin. Stalin. Stalin.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Did you know that Stalin was into scat?

No...that was Hitler....my bad.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heres my advice, just dont laugh because im totally serious:

when i go to bed before a test, i put my notes under a pillow; idk how it works but i've never gotten below a B when i've done it

i had a real big political science test (10 multiple choice questions, 3 essays--30, 25, 19 points each) and i got an '88' on it (90 is an A)

im telling you it works; i've told 3 other people to try it, and they are believers

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
heres my advice, just dont laugh because im totally serious:

when i go to bed before a test, i put my notes under a pillow; idk how it works but i've never gotten below a B when i've done it

i had a real big political science test (10 multiple choice questions, 3 essays--30, 25, 19 points each) and i got an '88' on it (90 is an A)

im telling you it works; i've told 3 other people to try it, and they are believers
I'm guessing you wear your lucky trousers to your exams as well?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no, im just telling you it works

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 10-27-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
no, im just telling you it works
It was a joke, and if you tell yourself something long enough, eventually you'll believe it. Not everyone is as superstitious as you are, Kwilk.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

hey, it keeps working, and i convinced other people to do it and they believe

cred 2 BoneKrusher