Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-11-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Explain why a person can have an astigmatism with either myopia or hyperopia, but cannot have both myopia and hyperopia at the same time.

I know why myopia and hyperopia can't occur together, but I don't know about the astigmatism. My book is sort of vague.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
THe capital budgeting director of Sparrow Corporation is evaluating a project that costs $200,000, is expected to last for 10 years and produces after-tax cash flows, including depreciation, of $44,503 per year. If the firm's WACC is 14% and its tax rate is 40%, what is the project's IRR?
Figured this one out finally. It's actually very simple using a financial calculator.

CFo = -200,000 CF1=44503, Nj=10.

Compute.

IRR=18%.

NPV= 425,030
Old 11-13-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Figured this one out finally. It's actually very simple using a financial calculator.

CFo = -200,000 CF1=44503, Nj=10.

Compute.

IRR=18%.

NPV= 425,030
Ugh, I've been out of education too long, seems simple now.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Ugh, I've been out of education too long, seems simple now.
Lol yeah, i was cracking my head earlier, and then i read the book....

Haha. But yeah, it explained how to do it with a financial calculator and it's fairly easy.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll do your spanish homeworks... Its my first language
Old 11-13-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got to write an essay contrasting Native Americans thoughts vs. Americans thoughts during the trail of tears. I got to pretend I am one of them and start thinking, i guess.

Ex, for Native American: After a mile trek, we approached a river. It was full of color and life. We used the water to hydrate ourselves. We are very greatful.

Ex, for American: After that ride in the carriage we came across a damn river. I dont know how the hell we are going to get across. Damn water.

Other Examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Last edited by TheBuffaloBills : 11-13-2008 at 07:44 PM.
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
I got to write an essay contrasting Native Americans thoughts vs. Americans thoughts during the trail of tears. I got to pretend I am one of them and start thinking, i guess.

Ex, for Native American: After a mile trek, we approached a river. It was full of color and life. We used the water to hydrate ourselves. We are very greatful.

Ex, for American: After that ride in the carriage we came across a damn river. I dont know how the hell we are going to get across. Damn water.

Other Examples would be greatly appreciated.
Your teacher had a good idea of you making your essay like that, pretty creative if you ask me. I really don't know much about native americans but:

N.A: Yesterday it was raining, we thought it was a gift from our gods because our fields were not being active because it had been all sun for too much time.

A: I was going out with my friends to play baseball and all of a sudden there's some black clouds, soon there's rain. I was so angry because after so much time with sun and perfect days we're ruined the day I want to go play baseball
Old 11-13-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
Your teacher had a good idea of you making your essay like that, pretty creative if you ask me. I really don't know much about native americans but:

N.A: Yesterday it was raining, we thought it was a gift from our gods because our fields were not being active because it had been all sun for too much time.

A: I was going out with my friends to play baseball and all of a sudden there's some black clouds, soon there's rain. I was so angry because after so much time with sun and perfect days we're ruined the day I want to go play baseball
Thats a good one, thanks a ton.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Where are you from? I grew up with Spanish as well.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thesis for my essay:

Quote:
Dante uses the limitation of movement as a form of contrapasso because the restriction of space and added weight on the shades being punished for suicide, betrayal, hypocrisy, and avarice correspond to the misuse of freedom and the excess accumulation of beliefs and material items.
:/

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Quote:
Where are you from? I grew up with Spanish as well.
Panamá... ¿tu?
Old 11-13-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Panamá... ¿tu?
Veracruz, Mexico. Estas viviendo en el E.E.U.U o todavia te encuentras en Panama?
Old 11-13-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
bspen4
Rookie

bspen4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ok so I drew a crappy topic for a American Symbolism topic. Anyone have anything regarding Pocahontas symbolism?
bspen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

I dont know about you, but I always start my essay out with:

In the following essay, I will talk about (insert topic).

It is always a hit and almost guarantees you an A+

Old 11-13-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
I dont know about you, but I always start my essay out with:

In the following essay, I will talk about (insert topic).

It is always a hit and almost guarantees you an A+
Are you serious???
Old 11-13-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Quote:
Are you serious???
Nah, I am kidding lol.

I remember that is the way I was taught in the third grade. Now, I would be kicked out of class if I did that. LOL.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspen4 View Post
Ok so I drew a crappy topic for a American Symbolism topic. Anyone have anything regarding Pocahontas symbolism?
Maybe you could somehow tie it into the Trail of Tears, and how the Americans completely took away the Native Americans land. Maybe you could take about how she was taken advantage of at a young age? I dont know if that helps.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspen4 View Post
Well, her attempted integration into European society led to her death, you can find something from that.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Veracruz, Mexico. Estas viviendo en el E.E.U.U o todavia te encuentras en Panama?
Pienso que todavia esta en Panama, pero no estoy seguro.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty good at speaking it. It's just literature and phonetics that bore the **** out me and are really ******* hard.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Pienso que todavia esta en Panama, pero no estoy seguro.
Aha! Ahora es mi turno de corejir tus errores gramaticos!

Haha, pero no, es mucho muy dificil escribir el espanol correctamente por la computadora...
Old 11-13-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I'm pretty good at speaking it. It's just literature and phonetics that bore the **** out me and are really ******* hard.
Like what specifically? Diptongo, triptongo, aguda, all that junk?
Old 11-13-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Aha! Ahora es mi turno de corejir tus errores gramaticos!

Haha, pero no, es mucho muy dificil escribir el espanol correctamente por la computadora...
Mucho muy? Fail.

No tengo todos los acentos sobre mi computadora. Yo se como se deletrean las palabras.

Y es corregir, no corejir.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Like what specifically? Diptongo, triptongo, aguda, all that junk?
Yes, all that ********. Allophones, phonemes etc...and then 18th and 19th century lit.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Mucho muy? Fail.

No tengo todos los acentos sobre mi computadora. Yo se como se deletrean las palabras.
Haha, si, solo bromeava. Como dije, es dificil tratar de poner todos los acentos, pero si no los escribes, te voy a e-cuchillar!