Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-19-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
i'm not really nerdy either. i played in rock bands.
it's alright. there's not that many nerds.

it also depends on what your programming on how big of nerds you'll encounter. if you stick with ajax, .net, cfml, sql and oracle based programming, you'll be among the least nerdy.

when you start programming in ancient technology, then then nerds come out.

the pay is good. i don't dress up all the time. and i'm not really a 'programmer'... i used to be by trade... even though i'm an engineer (and not a CS style engineer, like a real, bread and butter Mechie)... nowadays, i just oversee programmers and data analysts and suck off a few middle management gurus and project managers to make sure what i'm planning goes without hitches. lots and lots of analysis. (i'm what you'd call a business analyst)
sounds kinda boring lol
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
sounds kinda boring lol
its not if you like problem solving...
which is all i do.
haha.

and the pay is well worth it.
let me assure you. it's well worth it when you make the transition from programmer to BA (and eventually i'll get into the Project Managment position and then i'll take everyone out for white castle)

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
then i'll take everyone out for white castle)
You're my hero.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
You're my hero.
30 crave cases should do it.
40 pounds of fries and rings.
three gallons of ketchup.
and a direct line of fountain coca-cola to the mouth.

now i have the crave.
great.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
30 crave cases should do it.
40 pounds of fries and rings.
three gallons of ketchup.
and a direct line of fountain coca-cola to the mouth.

now i have the crave.
great.
yep, 900 burgers is sounding pretty good right now.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

answers.yahoo.com

aka Homeworkhelp.com

people will do your work for you, and not just one 3 people every time, trust me its more than legit its freakin amazing

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what are some Adherents/Non-adherents of Theocracy?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
what are some Adherents/Non-adherents of Theocracy?
currently or in the past?

Old 09-19-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
currently or in the past?

current but both if you know the past as well

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Iran is run by a group of shia clerks who allow certain individuals to run for office. In that particular manner, where it's not specifically run by the monastic element, it is dictated by it.

Vatican City is definitely a theocratic city state with itself being run by Archbishop Lajolo. He's basically 'in charge' of it all. Delegating printing, security, and all taxation of vatican lands. (all .44 square miles of it)..

Uh. Branch Davidaism (think david koresh), did that on a smaller scale outside of waco. Where it wasn't a full fledge government, but on a small scale of trying to secede from the 'outside world' to protect themselves from the oncoming apocolypse.

Jonestown and Peoples temple, it was a settlement in guayana... theocracy by way of brutality. Most of you kids were too young. I was even too young.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:15 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
the branch davidians and jonestown are the first things that come to mind? how weird. i mean, if we're speaking in the past, the taliban would've been a pretty easy adherent example.
haha. i like creative examples?

hell we could have even talked about early american history, the spanish inquisition, it all depends on what you define as religion? a set of common ideals? you could have cold war russia in that state. the state religion which controlled the government was the sole belief in the stalinist state and his essential ultimate control as the leader (because honestly, why would you have the battle of st. petersburg if you didn't have some fanatical fervent of pseudo-relgious ideals?)

okay. so yes. the taliban too was a good example. teachers like creativity too? because everyone saying the taliban would be boring to discuss...

i forgot the non-adherent examples.
sorry.

norway. official state church - lutheran. constantly trying to detach the the church from the state due to rising muslim populations.

england. official state church - anglican. the head of the anglican church is technically queen elizabeth the second, or the current head of state for england. but. the vestigal parts of the monarchy exist but hold no power, and thus is not a theocracy. ditto canada and australia (in some grand way).

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 09-20-2007 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
well, when im done with football, ill do that, even if i major in it, cause at a specialty school u can always get better, btw whats ur Bro-n-law do?
he has his own programming company, someone tells him what they want, and he makes a program that does it
Old 09-26-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any history buffs wanna help me out on how the Great Awakening led to the seperation of church and state?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple problem solving questions...

1.) What could be the next term in this sequence:

2, 10, 202,...

2.) An unusual die has six faces labeled 1,2,3,5,7,9. If two of these dice are rolled and the numbers showing on the upper faces are added, what is the probability of rolling a sum of 10?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
2.) An unusual die has six faces labeled 1,2,3,5,7,9. If two of these dice are rolled and the numbers showing on the upper faces are added, what is the probability of rolling a sum of 10?
You can only get a sum of 10 by rolling 1 and 9 or 3 and 7 or 5's. Obviously the numbers can occur on each dice so there are 2 ways of getting 1 and 9, 3 and 7, 5's. So there are 6 ways of rolling a sum of 10. There are 6 possibilities on each dice so 36 different combinations can be achieved in total. Therefore the probability is 6/36 or 1/6.

There's probably an easier way of explaining what I said, but I am pretty sure it's right. I'm having a brain fart on number 1, I'll have a think.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Help Me!

I have an essay (only 3 pages) due tomorrow... The topic what is the existentialist themes in Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis. Use examples from the text and relate it to Stephen Kries' The Existentialist Frame of Mind.http://www.historyguide.org/europe/lecture12.html
I need some help because I didn't read either thing...
Old 10-21-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Help Me!

I have an essay (only 3 pages) due tomorrow... The topic what is the existentialist themes in Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis. Use examples from the text and relate it to Stephen Kries' The Existentialist Frame of Mind.http://www.historyguide.org/europe/lecture12.html

Well you probably should have read it, but in The Metamorphosis, the main character wakes up one day and is a bug and his family like hates him, and in the end he kills himself. Not much help, I know. Look for a summary of it cause I'm sure you could find some cliff notes that talk about it and existentialism.

At least one of these should help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Metamorphosis
http://www.123helpme.com/view.asp?id=15642
http://www.historyguide.org/europe/lecture12.html

Last edited by dolphinfan2k5 : 10-21-2007 at 11:27 PM.
dolphinfan2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok so i need a calculator function similar to a factorial, but instead of multiplying, adding the proceeding numbers. I think its probably something to do with probability but i cant remember.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Help Me!

hahah we just read this. Are you in AP Senior English?

It's mostly the isolation, depression, guilt, etc. he feels because he's unable to provide for his family. His family honestly doesn't really care about him when he was in human state, they were all about the cash he brought in. They eventually become disgusted with him and are actually overjoyed that the monstrosity died, but the story is basically the huge disconnect that becomes wider as a result of him getting animalized.

OH OH also, as a human, he pretty much was robotic. He doesn't appreciate art or beauty, doesn't form friendships, has no soul but to work and support his family. Wasn't even love anymore for them, more like instinct. But when he becomes a bug, he becomes "human", and appreciates the beauty of his sister playing the violin, gets aroused sexually, and loves his family and desires their love in return. In a sense he's more human as a bug than as a man.

If you need anymore help just ask, I know i didn't really relate it to the prompt real well but we finished it a couple weeks ago and i tried to get my thoughts all down just now.
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
A couple problem solving questions...

1.) What could be the next term in this sequence:

2, 10, 202,...
You put the 2 and 10 together=210. Subtract backwards from the original, 10-2=8. 210-8=202. So.. 10202,202-10=192. 10202-192=10010

I quarantee Im wrong, thats just how my mind works.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need some help with a college assignment folks . . .

I am having some difficulty coming up with an idea to write a story on for one of my Journalism classes . . . The assignment is to identify a growing trend among college students or a trend of universities.

Can anyone think of some good ideas? +Rep for anyone who helps me out.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post

I am having some difficulty coming up with an idea to write a story on for one of my Journalism classes . . . The assignment is to identify a growing trend among college students or a trend of universities.

I really don't know if this is helpful but I would say 3 out of every 5 kids I see around my campus are listening to iPods between walking to class. Not really sure it is a growing trend but with some research I bet 7 years ago it was a lot different.

You could probably make an argument for the use of laptops in class / lectures also and see if there is a connection between how high tech the school is.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
I really don't know if this is helpful but I would say 3 out of every 5 kids I see around my campus are listening to iPods between walking to class. Not really sure it is a growing trend but with some research I bet 7 years ago it was a lot different.

You could probably make an argument for the use of laptops in class / lectures also and see if there is a connection between how high tech the school is.
Funny you mention those ideas . . . the I-Pod story is alreayd being done by more than a couple people in my class. I don't want to do the same story.

But as for laptop usage, I consider that as a possibility at this point. Seems like a lot more people are bringing laptops to class these days . . . my University has wireless internet all over campus . . .

I'm just not sure if there are any true statistics available that I could use to make my argument for this . . . I'd like to consider more options . . .

Thanks
Old 11-10-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Chaucer
Rookie

Chaucer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Chaucer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Sorority girls at the university of texas wearing these:
Chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:

You people not motivated by rep points anymore? I thought that was all you cared about?