Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 10-09-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Colts just did a good job of pass blocking today. Hali was being doubled on the strong side and Castonzo was doing a great job on the weak side.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think the Colts just did a good job of pass blocking today. Hali was being doubled on the strong side and Castonzo was doing a great job on the weak side.
I thought that LT Anthony Castonzo was inactive today as well as RG Ryan Diem. The Chiefs still need to find a pass rush.

Give Painter some credit for the win, he was staring down receivers so bad at the end of the game that even the cheerleaders knew who the intended receiver was.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get in my belly.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
I thought that LT Anthony Castonzo was inactive today as well as RG Ryan Diem. The Chiefs still need to find a pass rush.

Give Painter some credit for the win, he was staring down receivers so bad at the end of the game that even the cheerleaders knew who the intended receiver was.
Hmmm... Well whoever was on the left side did a good job. I think this is just one of those situations where you have to give credit to the offense.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The pass rush, or lack there of is because of the defense called. They are expecting natural pass rush with the 2 gap scheme but the front three doesn't get upfield or occupy the blockers correctly. 80% of the time the OLB opposite Hali is expected to set the edge or drop in coverage. I would like to see more pass rush from the OLB opposite Hali. Houston struggles, but does admirably enough, in pass coverage. Some times he looks good then looks lost. But he is learning.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Told you guys. Congrats on the win. As much as I want Luck it still pissed me off to watch my guys **** up a 17 point lead. Chiefs obviously made adjustments at halftime, and the Colts didn't.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Told you guys. Congrats on the win. As much as I want Luck it still pissed me off to watch my guys **** up a 17 point lead. Chiefs obviously made adjustments at halftime, and the Colts didn't.
Thanks man.

And I think you can go through one ****** up season to be able to draft the next Peyton Manning. ;)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Thanks man.

And I think you can go through one ****** up season to be able to draft the next Peyton Manning. ;)
I think a lot of good things could come out of this ****** season. QBotF, revamped OL and running game practice, hopefully new GM and coaching staff, development of some young guys, etc. I still don't put it past the idiots running the Colts to trot Manning out there in week 13 at like 80% health.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-10-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that would be a pretty ****** way to end an already ****** season, so lets hope it doesn't come to that!

Old 10-10-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

You guys have to feel good about your WRs after yesterday. Breaston looked like I thought he'd look to start the season. If the rookie pulls his head out of his ass Cassell or whoever the QB is going forward should have some pretty good options to throw to.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-10-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah, we've talked about it before but whoever is QBing this team next year comes into a very good situation.. above average OL, Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, McCluster, Moeaki to throw to and Charles to hand off to. QBs have come into the league in waaaay worse situations than that.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
You guys have to feel good about your WRs after yesterday. Breaston looked like I thought he'd look to start the season. If the rookie pulls his head out of his ass Cassell or whoever the QB is going forward should have some pretty good options to throw to.
The lockout really hurt the Chiefs because they went about the pre-season much differently and it ended up not working out. It's taken some time for Cassel and Breaston to build some chemistry and for Muir to figure out the offense, but things look pretty good now. I can't wait to see how they integrate a guy like Baldwin into the offense. With a full off-season and no injuries, this would be one of the better offenses in the NFL right now. They've come along nicely in the last few weeks, though.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Coach Todd Haley praised RG Jon Asamoah's progression as one of the big reasons for Kansas City's improved run blocking.

"He's been right at the heart of that," Haley said. "You're really seeing him start to come on and pick up where he ended last season." Pro Football Focus has graded Asamoah as a top-ten pass-blocking guard entering Week 6. He's also coming off his best run-blocking game of the season against the Colts.

Source: Kansas City Star
Beast...(10ch)
Old 10-13-2011, 08:26 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

If and when Gaither gets healthy you guys will have a pretty ridiculous OL.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-13-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If and when Gaither gets healthy you guys will have a pretty ridiculous OL.
IF is the key word here. Gaither has chronic back pain (in this case a back alignment described as a 'thoracic disk injury') which is not unusual for someone at his height and weight. In some cases, this can be managed but it never goes away. That's why the Ravens let him go after trying to trade him, the Colts passed on him and the Raiders didn't sign him after giving him a physical.

Couple this with a questionable work ethic (described by one Baltimore writer as half-baked) and I'd say the chances are pretty slim that he is ever capable of anything more than spot duty.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I think the only reason Gaither isn't playing is because he is strictly a LT and with Albert playing at such a high level there is no spot for Gaither.

I know people want to just throw him at RT but this isn't Madden some guys can't just play both.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I think the only reason Gaither isn't playing is because he is strictly a LT and with Albert playing at such a high level there is no spot for Gaither.

I know people want to just throw him at RT but this isn't Madden some guys can't just play both.
I think a big part of his problem with the Ravens was them moving him to RT. He wanted to play LT and played well there. My impression was that his effort problems didn't start until they tried to move him to RT.

i done stole dis sig