Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 10-12-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 6 - Niners at Lions (-4)

Make a prediction and discuss the game.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont have a very good feeling about this game. I think we lose by 10 after an emotional monday night game.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It should be a let down game, but I don't think Ford Field will let us lose. Carlos Rogers has been lights out at corner, but Calvin is still Megatron. Alex Smith is also still Alex Smith. The 49ers' WR corps is shattered and thin. Crabtree has been hobbled, Morgan is out, so we should be good with just stopping Davis. No team should beat us by just running the ball, so provided we make solid tackles we should be good. Just win 3rd down and we'll shut them down.

We should take this game. Its at home, no excuses.
31-10

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny, because besides for the KC game, this is a game I actually feel very confident that we'll win. It's at home, 49ers can't beat us in a shoot-out, they aren't built for that. Alex Smith is playing great, but he's Alex Smith. If we pressure him anything close like we were able to do with Cutler, he'll make some mistakes. Their WR's have talent, but they arent anything to be afraid of. Their O-line is decent.

What does scare me a bit, they have a very good Defense that will probably make our running game come back down to earth. Teddy Ginn returning kicks and punts. And most importantly, Vernon Davis (who can, and might cause us some headaches). We can't let them get an early lead on us, cause they'll put us away.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:40 AM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we can negate Ted Ginn like we negated Hester so that doesn't worry me. While their WR are depleted they still have Gore and Vernon Davis. I know it's only two guys and we should be able to scheme for those two but they're so talented they're bound to make some plays. As long as we can start off strong, get the lead, and let our defense take over I think we win 28-17
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While we SHOULD win, I have a feeling that this will be a let down game as well...just not feeling good about it coming off of a short week and with the 49ers playing a lot better this year. They'll definately be up for this one.

49ers 24-Lions 21

Please let me be wrong.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Usually teams aren't down for 4-1 opponents but there will be some letdown after a Monday night divisional rival. The best thing is it is a home game so I think we prevail in another close game. 21-17.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are going to win. I really don't have a good feeling about this one.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:04 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't think a Jim Schwartz team gets down on any team, let alone a legit 49er team. I don't think there will be any let down, even if we lose. If we lose, then we obviously just got beat by a better team.

If we score a TD first, we win.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game could be an absolute brawl. Colt's personnel will be sure to purge the hilites from team headquarters for fear of Polian's balls shrivelling like raisins if he views the carnage.

Lions won't quit like the last two opponents.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two false starts for the 49ers offense already.

Hahahaha
Old 10-16-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Spievy!!!!!

-___-

put that white dude back in the game.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers defense is legit.

But seriously, how about something to get Calvin the ball. Do an end around.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Lions getting killed by bad, bad officiating.

- That wasn't a chop block near the end of the half. Gosder was not engaged on the DLineman when Pettigrew hit him. Gosder was locked up with a different player.

- The right tackle absolutely jumped early and they inexplicably picked up the flag after it was correctly thrown.

- Next play a horse collar call that was so clearly just a grab of the back of the jersey, not even near the neck.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

This loss is on Linehan and Stafford and no one else.

Congrats San Francisco for having a great defense, but the Lions didn't even pressure the 49ers enough to even require them to make a play.

That was embarrassing.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

One thing I didn't like about today, It wasn't Stafford's numbers (which were good), but ****, dude looked full of teenage angst the whole game. He needs to let go of that ****, put his big boy pants on, and buck the **** up. 49'ers are a good team, I'm not depressed that we lost to them, but I'm upset that we still can't play a good (full) game of football.

And I'm upset that our "leader" (Stafford), had a lil ***** face on for the majority of the game. I know **** is tough for him, but do that **** elsewhere.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Schwartz taking exception to Harbaugh's celebration is ******* childish and hypocritical.

I knew he'd get a taste of his own antics sooner or later. That's not behavior befitting of a head coach.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree if Stafford threw more accurate balls (some of which was the 49ers defense) I think we could have won it. There were times he wasn't pressured and just threw inaccurate balls. Regardless, you have to give the 49ers credit for getting the win.
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote