Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-05-2012, 06:26 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Wasn't Dale in an open field when that happened? How the hell could a zombie sneak up on someone in the middle of an open field?
he's old and has bad hearing? he was distracted by the cow? I have no idea. I'm just glad he's dead.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:38 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing the Walker was eating flesh earlier and perhaps was just lying there like the others usually do. Dale may have been quite close by the time it stood up. It was also dark.

Someone on another message board wrote that Dale dying could have been a sign that the group's moral compass is now lost, which is interesting. Especially with what happened earlier in the episode as he was the only one (except for Andrea changing her mind at the last minute) that adamantly wanted to not kill Randal from the beginning.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Holy christ on a cracker, please someone argue that this was good television. PLEASE. PLEASE ARGUE IT.
I think it's a good show, so stop being jerky! Don't make me break up with you.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I think it's a good show, so stop being jerky! Don't make me break up with you.
He's obviously watched his last episode of The Walking Dead. Nope, won't see him in this thread next week.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
He's obviously watched his last episode of The Walking Dead. Nope, won't see him in this thread next week.
Don't worry about vidae, he is just trying to make me mad! Although I can't blame him this week, because this was the worst episode of the season. I'm not surprised though, probably just a filler episode before things ramp up heading into the finale.

Also, R.I.P. Dale's hat.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Don't worry about vidae, he is just trying to make me mad! Although I can't blame him this week, because this was the worst episode of the season. I'm not surprised though, probably just a filler episode before things ramp up heading into the finale.

Also, R.I.P. Dale's hat.
I think last week's episode was clearly the worst. Especially since half the cast wasn't there. If they took out last week's episode nothing would have changed.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I think last week's episode was clearly the worst. Especially since half the cast wasn't there.
At least T-Dog was in a few scenes... :\

They either need to kill him or give him something to do.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

T-Dog actually got orders this week LOL.

"Get a shotgun"

"Take turns guarding with Daryl".

He'll get canned or he'll start to be developed sooner rather than later I think.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
Quoted for truth, even if it's missing a word. Now all we need is more than one zombie per week to root for . . .

Quote:
Holy christ on a cracker, please someone argue that this was good television. PLEASE. PLEASE ARGUE IT.
Stellar. A character that was not simply trotted out for the first time in the series finally got effed up by a zombie. For a while there it was clearly a Red Shirt moment from week to week.

Quote:
I think last week's episode was clearly the worst. Especially since half the cast wasn't there. If they took out last week's episode nothing would have changed.
How are you arguing so vehemently in favor of the show, again? lol

Last week's episode was strictly to tell us two things: Rick was back in charge and zombies passed the affliction via scratches. I figured Dale would be scratched up but instead he was killed. Which makes it pretty clear who will be turned by scratches, at this point. My guess is that's who I will find under the spoiler buttons, which I'm off to check momentarily, as that may be the only reason I watch next week.

Also, please, let's not quibble over zombie abilities. It's alwasy been a bit silly, but zombies have always been able to rend flesh with tooth and nail, regardless off how silly it may be. Honestly, there's so many things to pick on in this show that the age-old zombie stuff doesn't even need to be brought up. For starters, how come nobody ever actually pays attention to wtf the 12ish year old kid is doing . . .

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since they don't follow the comic anyways, I hope
eats Carl slllooooooowwwwwwwlllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy and closeup. I want the cameras to pan in on Carl's tear-wridden face, screaming in his dad's stupid-*** hat as
eats his intestines.

Last edited by phlysac : 03-05-2012 at 10:16 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spoiler tag that.

Also, Does the comic make any of these characters likable?

Old 03-05-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
For starters, how come nobody ever actually pays attention to wtf the 12ish year old kid is doing . . .
I LOLed when Rick and Lori were on the porch lamenting on the importance of "protecting the group" when the viewers already knew that their young, recently shot, son was pitching rocks at a zombie a mile away.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quoted for truth, even if it's missing a word. Now all we need is more than one zombie per week to root for . . .
This is a funny sentiment that a lot of people on here have. Yes, this week there was only one Zombie. But the two episodes before this one had a ton of Zombies. The episode before that, while lacking zombies, introduced the existence of another group. The people hating on this show are doing so mostly because they are hoping it will be a show mainly about zombies. They want sixty minutes of bloods, guts, and death. But if that was all the show was, it would get old really quickly.

And about no character development, that is ridiculous. Herschel has changed, Glen has changed, Darryl has changed, Andrea has changed, Shane has changed (A TON), even Carl is starting to change (albeit from a worthless **** to a insolent little dick). The only characters who haven't changed are T-Dog and the bald chick (very minor characters), Lori (yes, she is a horrendous character, I agree with you on that), and Rick. But with Rick, do we want him to change? He is struggling with keeping his old self even after the world has gone to hell. Three consecutive episodes he has had major moral dilemmas. Does he do the easy thing (leave the kid on the fence, leave Shane, kill the kid) or does he do the right thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Im a little lost as to what kind of parent Lori and Rick think they are when Carl just runs around mouthing off to adults, increasing his risk of death by 100% by walking up to a zombie and just hanging out near him, and finally just waltzing into the barn where they are about to execute someone. Maybe they were spending so much time bickering about how everything is effecting him they forgot to remember they actually have to take care of him and not just talk about it. Talk talk talk.

Also these so called character changes are pretty pathetic to say the least if you even want to call them that jrdrylie. Andrea went from a sobbing worthless ***** to shooting two zombies, ******* shane and now is a bad ass shane follower. Cool, Herschel had some zombies died, had a couple drinks and now everything is upside down for him. Ummm ok. Shane, has not changed..... Darryl is right back to where we first met him in season one, Glen literally, LITERALLY has not gone through any changes, he just met someone he "loves" after knowing her for like three weeks. And carl, for christ sake does anyone care about watching an episode of him mouthing off and throwing rocks at a zombie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 03-05-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The problem is the fact that outside of Shane and maybe Daryl, Hershel, and Glenn, the characters ******* suck. Lori, Carl, Carol, T-Dog, and Andrea are all ******* terrible or useless beyond belief.
Lori kinda sucks granted. Carl is just now gaining depth. Carol also is under rated IMO. T-Dog is an apeasment character he was absent from the comic.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can say that about ANY EPISODE THIS SHOW HAS EVER DONE. Take out any single episode and it doesn't matter.

And yeah, I'll definitely be here next week posting what garbage the latest episode was, and I'll be doing it until they actually have a good episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Lori kinda sucks granted. Carl is just now gaining depth. Carol also is under rated IMO. T-Dog is an apeasment character he was absent from the comic.
How is Carol underrated? She whined about her daughter being gone this entire season and then when given an actual choice to help the group decide on something she wanted no part in it. She is literally the most useless character on the show. T-Dogg contributes more and we never even see that guy.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yeah Im a little lost as to what kind of parent Lori and Rick think they are when Carl just runs around mouthing off to adults, increasing his risk of death by 100% by walking up to a zombie and just hanging out near him, and finally just waltzing into the barn where they are about to execute someone. Maybe they were spending so much time bickering about how everything is effecting him they forgot to remember they actually have to take care of him and not just talk about it. Talk talk talk.

Also these so called character changes are pretty pathetic to say the least if you even want to call them that jrdrylie. Andrea went from a sobbing worthless ***** to shooting two zombies, ******* shane and now is a bad ass shane follower. Cool, Herschel had some zombies died, had a couple drinks and now everything is upside down for him. Ummm ok. Shane, has not changed..... Darryl is right back to where we first met him in season one, Glen literally, LITERALLY has not gone through any changes, he just met someone he "loves" after knowing her for like three weeks. And carl, for christ sake does anyone care about watching an episode of him mouthing off and throwing rocks at a zombie?
I couldn't disagree more. Andrea actually ran the gambit from happy to acceptance what you would normally see from someone who suffers a traumatic event. Glen hasn't changed at all true. Rick changed slightly from a Hershel like don't kill the walkers to closer to a centrist leader type role. Shane fell into the depths of crazy. Dale never changed. This episode is foreshadow to a learning experience for Carl. Not every character is going to change dramatically over the course of a season. Walter White changed drastically from season 1 to 2 but much less from 2 to 3 and so on. This is a television program not a movie. You aren't going to see the same type of character arcs.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
This is a funny sentiment that a lot of people on here have. Yes, this week there was only one Zombie. But the two episodes before this one had a ton of Zombies. The episode before that, while lacking zombies, introduced the existence of another group. The people hating on this show are doing so mostly because they are hoping it will be a show mainly about zombies. They want sixty minutes of bloods, guts, and death. But if that was all the show was, it would get old really quickly.

And about no character development, that is ridiculous. Herschel has changed, Glen has changed, Darryl has changed, Andrea has changed, Shane has changed (A TON), even Carl is starting to change (albeit from a worthless **** to a insolent little dick). The only characters who haven't changed are T-Dog and the bald chick (very minor characters), Lori (yes, she is a horrendous character, I agree with you on that), and Rick. But with Rick, do we want him to change? He is struggling with keeping his old self even after the world has gone to hell. Three consecutive episodes he has had major moral dilemmas. Does he do the easy thing (leave the kid on the fence, leave Shane, kill the kid) or does he do the right thing?
I agree on the zombie thing, for the most part. It can't just be a 60 minutes shoot-em-up each week. But the zombies are non-existant at all the wrong times, imo. Whether it's Hershcel thowing back whiskey or Glen & Maggie having sex in the drug store, it's like the zombies aren't a concern.

I am in the camp that there is definitely character development, and people are/have changed. The problem is that they all have changed into even less likable characters. Add that to the fact that they are all guilty of stupidity in the "epic" range from week to week and it justs gets increasingly frustrating.

Which is why I ask what kind of character development the comics have. I'm curious if the writers for the show have just missed badly in their interpretation of the characters, or if they're all this dumb and difficult to like in the comics, too.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Which is why I ask what kind of character development the comics have. I'm curious if the writers for the show have just missed badly in their interpretation of the characters, or if they're all this dumb and difficult to like in the comics, too.
The story-line is different enough, that it would be difficult to utilize similar character-development.

Shane, for example, was killed by Carl (age 7) back at the camp before they even meet Herschel. So all of the storylines that exist to develop the characters in the show that involve Shane (most of them) never occured in the comics.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I couldn't disagree more. Andrea actually ran the gambit from happy to acceptance what you would normally see from someone who suffers a traumatic event. Glen hasn't changed at all true. Rick changed slightly from a Hershel like don't kill the walkers to closer to a centrist leader type role. Shane fell into the depths of crazy. Dale never changed. This episode is foreshadow to a learning experience for Carl. Not every character is going to change dramatically over the course of a season. Walter White changed drastically from season 1 to 2 but much less from 2 to 3 and so on. This is a television program not a movie. You aren't going to see the same type of character arcs.
I'm not looking for it to happen quick, I never once said that was the problem. My problem is that these changes do not feel very authentic. Andrea and Carol went through THE SAME THING. Both went from mourning the dead to acceptance, which makes either character "change" feel all the more erroneous. Rick? How has he changed, he literally has been the same cry baby "am I the leader or aren't I the leader" this entire show and when they finally do bring him to a point where he gets more Shane like, they cop out and have Carl walk in the barn. Shane I still maintain is not crazy, he is actually one of the best, if not the best character on the show and it looks like they are going to ruin that soon as it is. A foreshadowing to a change in Carl? I mean weve had that foreshadowed all season with the way hes been acting and behaving, did we need an entire episode to see what a brat he is? No we didn't. If Dale hadn't of died, this episode once again has brought us no where in terms of story. We are still at what are we going to do with this 18 year old kid. And once again we have to hang around some boring storyline for waaaaaay to ******* long all the while not getting any zombies or interesting drama. I don't care if it takes characters a **** ton of time to change, I would even argue they should be giving these characters more time to change than just have them flip a switch over night to become gun totting bad asses, or lose their faith.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 03-05-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This episode was alright. The ending was pretty cool. It was surprising that it took this long to have Rick change his mind to the decision he originally wanted to do in the first place. He rescued Randal for a reason, then he changed his mind, and then he changed his mind again apparently.

I didn't appreciate Carl suddenly having an attitude. That came out of nowhere. Before he seemed like a really well-behaved child and had a level head even in the wake of this disaster. And him playing around with the Walker just seemed out of character from what we've seen from Carl thus far.
The kid who tried to pet a ******* deer? This boy's always been ********, sir. Always. Worst character ever. Worst child actor ever. He's just awful. Should have killed him instead of Sophia.

As for Randall, he showed his true colors when Carl was in the barn with him. The right choice was always to kill him. They used a stupid plot move to drive the last 3 episodes of the show. If they'd just shot the kid while he was wrapped around a fence post like they shot Dale, the writers of the show would have had to come up with something decent to drive the show through the rest of the season. Randall is the new Sophia.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
The story-line is different enough, that it would be difficult to utilize similar character-development.

Shane, for example, was killed by Carl (age 7) back at the camp before they even meet Herschel. So all of the storylines that exist to develop the characters in the show that involve Shane (most of them) never occured in the comics.
On top of that T-Dog (as he exists in the show), Daryl and Merle don't exist in the comic either.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can say that about ANY EPISODE THIS SHOW HAS EVER DONE. Take out any single episode and it doesn't matter.
I have to disagree with you on this one. Just go through the episodes...

1. They leave the CDC, Sophia is lost, and Carl is shot.
2. They go to the FEMA stations. Ehh, I guess not too much changes in this episode.
3. Shane kills Otis. This is basically the turning point of Shane's character. Seems pretty important to me.
4. We find out Lori is pregnant, the Glen-Maggie relationship starts.
5. Not too much changes in this episode. Andrea shoots Darryl and Glen discovers the barn full of Walkers.
6. Not the best episode in the world. Rick finds out about Lori and Shane. Meh.
7. The entire group finds out about the Walkers. They kill them all. Rick kills Sophia. Herschel realizes that the Walkers aren't human anymore.
8. They go to town, meet those two guys, and they find out that there are other surviving groups. This hasn't been too significant yet, but I assume it will be next season.
9. They get into the fight with the other group and they bring back another survivor.
10. Not much changed as far as the situation the survivors are in. But it reinforced the danger that the other group could pose and it once again made Rick face a moral dilemma and decide if he wants to be like Shane or try to continue to be who he was before Walkers took over.
11. Dale dies, more moral dilemmas for Rick, Andrea, Darryl, and Carl all have some character development.

So by my count, at least four of the episodes drastically change the situation that the group is in. Four offer up changes in the way of either substantial character development or relationship development. And one introduces a new group which was a precursor to the main plot for next season. Only the second episode (which was really more of a prequel to the third episode) and episode six lacked significant change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
On top of that T-Dog (as he exists in the show), Daryl and Merle don't exist in the comic either.
Not that T-Dogg and Merle really exist on the show, either. LOL
Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

4/11 is not a very good ratio so I am a little confused about why your arguing for it.

Quote:
Quote: