Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-05-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
She just stuck up for Dale's decision not to kill Randal. Which obviously contradicts Shane. I'd say she went back to being the civil attorney she used to be in that moment.
SHE LITERALLY, LITERALLY told shane despite going with Dale she was on Shanes side. My god, I don't even like the show and I pick up on all this ****. Like literally has a scene telling shane he is right and she agrees with him. Even when she takes Dales side its not like she is all of a sudden in the rick camp now. And if she is, that would be hilarious, why did she even change her mind? Oh she just did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This show is getting more debate/discussion than Breaking Bad. I am mystified.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's because Breaking Bad has top notch writing and characters you actually care about, whereas The Walking Dead has writing that a 5th grader would be ashamed of and characters you actively root AGAINST. No one argues against Breaking Bad being amazing. The Walking Dead on the other hand..

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
SHE LITERALLY, LITERALLY told shane despite going with Dale she was on Shanes side. My god, I don't even like the show and I pick up on all this ****. Like literally has a scene telling shane he is right and she agrees with him. Even when she takes Dales side its not like she is all of a sudden in the rick camp now. And if she is, that would be hilarious, why did she even change her mind? Oh she just did.
So what? That doesn't mean she is with him 100%. If she was she would have supported his decision. Even when she said that I wasn't convinced. I think if she was 100% backing him she would have approved of killing Randal and maybe actually go to the barn to see it.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
This show is getting more debate/discussion than Breaking Bad. I am mystified.
I seriously love getting on here and arguing with people trying to explain away the terrible writing and inconsistency. How far people have to go to think of all these what ifs reminds me of arguing with people about how terrible Lost ended up being for not answering enough questions.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
She said Shane was right during the beginning of the episode. It was not until the end of the episode, after listening to Dale plea for Randall's life, that she came around to his point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I seriously love getting on here and arguing with people trying to explain away the terrible writing and inconsistency. How far people have to go to think of all these what ifs reminds me of arguing with people about how terrible Lost ended up being for not answering enough questions.
At least Lost was compelling for most of its run and had more than enough interesting characters. I actually don't mind the ending too much though...but Lost is clearly better.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-05-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
So what? That doesn't mean she is with him 100%. If she was she would have supported his decision. Even when she said that I wasn't convinced. I think if she was 100% backing him she would have approved of killing Randal and maybe actually go to the barn to see it.
And it also doesn't mean that 100% she is against him either, we don't know yet so don't tell me you can hypothesize without knowing if you are going to do the same thing.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Every argument you have brought up has been a huge waste of time, because you have yet to list anything you liked about the show either, which is the same thing you are critiquing Vidae for. Weve all asked you several times to say what YOU liked and you just keep saying "its about subjectivity" and "Why watch something you don't like". Well guess what, just because you don't watch stuff you don't like doesnt mean others do the same, its subjective Ness so it might seem silly but people have different tastes.
Yeah I haven't posted what I like and didn't like about the show at all. Nope.

Quote:
This episode was alright. The ending was pretty cool. It was surprising that it took this long to have Rick change his mind to the decision he originally wanted to do in the first place. He rescued Randal for a reason, then he changed his mind, and then he changed his mind again apparently.

I didn't appreciate Carl suddenly having an attitude. That came out of nowhere. Before he seemed like a really well-behaved child and had a level head even in the wake of this disaster. And him playing around with the Walker just seemed out of character from what we've seen from Carl thus far.

As for the big group on deciding what to actually do with Randal, I'm honestly not sure if either decision would have been a good one. That is what I liked about the episode. Dale had a lot of good points in sparing his life. On the other hand the safety of the group was in jeopardy. I still think Rick should have killed Randal in the town. It would have been a lot more justified at that point in time.

By the way, why is Darryl even still around? As in, why is he hanging around the group? He clearly believes it's "broken" and says something along the lines of it better being off by himself. He's also living a good amount of distance away from everyone else. Why doesn't he just leave? My only guess is that even though he claims he'd be better off on his own, deep down he still realizes it is more logical to be within a group.
Quote:
I'm not sure if this was discussed, but it has to do with Sophia and the timeframe in which she got into the barn. Watch this short video to find out what I'm talking about:

Quote:
- As for the last episode, that entire shootout could have easily been avoided. Glenn should have let the three people looking for Tony and Dave inside the bar. Rick, Herschel, and Glenn were in perfect position to hold them up and then take their weapons. That is, if the group even decides to go in the bar in the first place. Yes, they checked the other buildings, but seeing as how Glenn blocked the door, now the party outside thinks something is up. And I bet they would have bolted if Rick didn't reveal that there was another group inside. That was the second big mistake. Now you've just lost your advantage as now the group outside has a better idea what is going on in the bar, whereas before it was just the group inside. If Glenn just blocks the door, and Rick doesn't say anything that still leaves the party outside in the dark. It could have been a zombie blocking the door or a dead person. That advantage vanishes though when Rick speaks. And then an unnecessary shootout could have been avoided.

- Also, Glenn made a bad mistake when a person was about to open the door. He had a clear upper hand when the knob was being turned, but decided to shoot through the glass instead of waiting until the moment he had a clear shot. Really dumb. I guess he was scared or something, but seeing as how he was knocking out zombies in the head from twenty feet away with a shotgun, it serves to reason that he is a good marksman. Better than the average joe anyways.

- Herschel was a terrible cover man.

- Randall jumping off the roof of the building was probably the dumbest thing in the episode. It couldn't take him two seconds to run back down stairs of the building he just climbed? What a moron.

- Actually, I take that back. Laurie going after Rick was probably the dumbest thing in the episode for reasons a previous posted outlined perfectly.

I appreciate Rick's goodwill towards others (although sometimes he makes some dumb decisions in my opinion), but Shane is actually keeping the group alive just as well. I honestly don't get what he sees in Laurie. They had a fling earlier when Rick was thought to be dead, but Shane has really changed. Quicker than I thought. I was surprised he killed Otis, but I guess someone has to be the bad guy in the series. He was banging Andrea, he should just roll with her. Even at the point when Shane thought about shooting Rick, I never really appreciated the "transformation". It seems like Laurie has Shane under some kind of spell more so than Shane actually being in love with her. He has been best friends with Rick since high school, and now that this apocalyptic event has happened, and Rick is gone for a month and he banged Laurie a few times, he can't live without her and it's too the point that he wants to kill his best friend? I just don't buy it.
Yeah you're done.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
And it also doesn't mean that 100% she is against him either, we don't know yet so don't tell me you can hypothesize without knowing if you are going to do the same thing.
Right it doesn't mean she is 100% against him, but that wasn't what we were arguing about.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tl;dr you never said why you like it and we're all right and you're wrong
http://tosh.mtvnimages.com/images/sh...88&cr op=true

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
At least Lost was compelling for most of its run and had more than enough interesting characters. I actually don't mind the ending too much though...but Lost is clearly better.
Oh I never meant to imply Lost was worse by any means. As much as I hated the ending and was upset about the way the show went, I still loved tuning in every week, and the characters were almost all out standing, with awesome storys. I just had huge arguments with people who just wanted to over look the fact that nothing really got explained. That was my only comparison.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a legitimate question: How much do you make per episode Ness? Are you a writer or an EP? I'm curious what AMC pays the writers/showrunners.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I have a legitimate question: How much do you make per episode Ness? Are you a writer or an EP? I'm curious what AMC pays the writers/showrunners.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I had the drive/desire to argue in favour of the show. Unfortunately I'm lazy.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ness
Legend

Quote:
And here it is. Taking issue with the poster instead of the actual post. The inevitable deviation of making things personal.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
About as much as I am getting paid to rant about how terribly unsound almost every storyline in this show is.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

You spelled Lori wrong by the way.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-05-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Right it doesn't mean she is 100% against him, but that wasn't what we were arguing about.
We were arguing about her change in character, to which you pointed out she went against Shane = change in character. A difference of opinion does not mean she is now against Shane and changing as a character.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
We were arguing about her change in character, to which you pointed out she went against Shane = change in character. A difference of opinion does not mean she is now against Shane and changing as a character.
Before that moment that she agreed with Dale she was practically on Shane's side the entire time. She may be starting to deviate from that a little bit and going back to her idealist background that she is supposed to have. That is what I took it as.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
About as much as I am getting paid to rant about how terribly unsound almost every storyline in this show is.
I envision you more as the guy on that site that posts the hilarious reviews. That should be taken as a compliment.

Quote:
And here it is. Taking issue with the poster instead of the actual post. The inevitable deviation of making things personal.
Oh chill, it was a joke.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Before that moment that she agreed with Dale she was practically on Shane's side the entire time. She may be starting to deviate from that a little bit and going back to her idealist background that she is supposed to have. That is what I took it as.
Great, but it still is a hypothesis, I am going on the basis of her following Shane, and in the same episode even agreeing with Shane on the matter. Until we actually see if she does change, there is no reason to assume she has, I mean why does assuming she has hold more of a basis than actually going off of what is already established. She is with Shane through and through at this moment, a disagreement over one situation doesn't change that. I mean lets just assume that whenever we have a disagreement about something we stop liking each other.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 03-05-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Great, but it still is a hypothesis, I am going on the basis of her following Shane, and in the same episode even agreeing with Shane on the matter. Until we actually see if she does change, there is no reason to assume she has, I mean why does assuming she has hold more of a basis than actually going off of what is already established. She is with Shane through and through at this moment, a disagreement over one situation doesn't change that. I mean lets just assume that whenever we have a disagreement about something we stop liking each other.
I'd still count it as a change of some sort. The Andrea we had seen up to this point from the moment they left Jenner's place to now, didn't seem like she would have changed her mind about the matter. 100% is 100% and with a big decision like that, could lead to other big disagreements. Obviously we have to see, but I feel like with her character we may start to see a change. I'm not sure what you want me to say.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I brought up how she hanst changed to which you and another poster said she has and listed that as the reason for it being so. Again you assume she has changed it hasnt actually happened which means we still have yet to get anywhere with her character development like I originally said until we know this led to it in future episodes. Assuming she has as an argument that chnages her character as your counter argument against my original point is pointless, that was the whole point of this argument.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 03-05-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This remind anyone else of the mafia game, with just nonsensical arguments and people randomly switching for no reason

OSUgiants going on my ignore list, stop trying to spoil ****

Last edited by fenikz : 03-05-2012 at 06:34 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote