Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-23-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The number of zombie movies Caddy has seen in the last ten years must be zero. These writers ARE that ******* bad. Remember when someone was trying to say that weeks had gone by after Randall's injury and thats why he could walk. lol And then they say everything took place a mere twelve days after sophia. My god why would they even say the kid couldn't walk for weeks and then have him running around with no limp the next episode? And it isn't like this is a rarity, we have to constantly dumb ourselves down to get around plot holes and inconsistent writing every episode. This is the worst writing I have ever seen for a show with this high of production value. Excusing it is just ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
The number of zombie movies Caddy has seen in the last ten years must be zero. These writers ARE that ******* bad. Remember when someone was trying to say that weeks had gone by after Randall's injury and thats why he could walk. lol And then they say everything took place a mere twelve days after sophia. My god why would they even say the kid couldn't walk for weeks and then have him running around with no limp the next episode? And it isn't like this is a rarity, we have to constantly dumb ourselves down to get around plot holes and inconsistent writing every episode. This is the worst writing I have ever seen for a show with this high of production value. Excusing it is just ridiculous.
This is the issue. Precise and simple. All other aspects of this show are top notch, which serves to make the awful points created by the writers that much more unacceptable.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought they said a week not weeks

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And what really is unfortunate, the longer they wait to actually find good writers, the more ****** up everything is going to be to the point of it being unsalvageable. Most of the characters are pretty much too ****** to save at this point anyway, if I was a writer brought in to save this show the first thing I would do is focus on an entirely different group and start over from scratch. Hell I bet I could write a better story in this universe with only one character and make it more genuinely dramatic and gripping show than this **** is. At least with one character you wouldnt have to worry about people making a big issue about EVERY LITTLE THING, because thats these writers way of trying to make it dramatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I thought they said a week not weeks
Herschel said that it would be weeks. And if I am mistaken than that is even worse that they would have the kids leg severed by a metal spike and have him up and about in less then a week.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL, So true: http://9gag.com/gag/3635790

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:27 AM    (permalink
anika_perry
Rookie

anika_perry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just watched it over a movie marathon and I love it! :)
anika_perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've seen plenty. I think the scenes that have zombies in them work extremely well. It's the scenes when they rely on character interactions where they struggle to keep things together. The writing could be better for these parts, but it is far from the worst stuff around.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The zombie stuff is just as bad. A ninja zombie in the fields attacking Dale? In the season opener Dale not seeing an army of zombies until they are right on top of the group on a ******* open highway? Not hearing any gunshots all season but the one that killed Shane, oh wait the helicopter brought them all to the farm right? Give me a break, it is all around terrible writing. We all deserve better than what these writers are giving us, because a good zombie show would be alot of fun.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm enjoying the show.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So am I. I enjoy it with all its flaws.

Last edited by Nalej : 04-02-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
So am I. I enjoy it with all it's flaws.
And this is why we are going to continue to get a terribly written show.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And this is why we are going to continue to get a terribly written show.
Stop watching it if you don't like the writing. Problem solved.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Ugh.

The show can be entertaining but it isn't well written. It just isn't. Maybe that's why it's so entertaining. Who knows.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
This......

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The rubberneck effect. It is like watching a train wreck. I love zombies and the source material is ******* brilliant but man is the show awful. It just doesn't make sense that they could **** it up as bad as they have. The graphic novels are so good and the show just butchers the source material at every turn. I think combined with how bad the writing is and how bad they have butchered the graphic novels I hate the show so much because I am not 14 years old and I have seen how good great television can be. I will continue to watch though out of morbid curiosity and because I have such an amazing time breaking down everything I hate about each episode with friends. That and I am slightly masochistic apparently.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Exactly, I have stated multiple times I get a ton of entertainment from watching just how bad it is. I am a huge fan of watching awful movies, and this is like that only I get to watch something new and terribly hilarious every weekend. Pretty much every reason Gonzo stated is why I keep watching.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly, I have stated multiple times I get a ton of entertainment from watching just how bad it is. I am a huge fan of watching awful movies, and this is like that only I get to watch something new and terribly hilarious every weekend.
I think people really just want to believe it is a good show. The zombies look great and I mean big budget zombie epic on AMC based on one of the best graphic novel series of all time screams good show. It just kind of fails in almost every way. I watched the season 2 finale a couple days after it happened and I remember my friend texting me and telling me that it was a great finale. I proceeded to text him throughout the episode telling him why I hated it. Next time we hung out he couldn't even defend it and we just tore the show apart. I think we all wish it was good but they really have ****** it up. That said I still find it very entertaining like you say, it is like watching an awful movie that you just can't stop watching. I would like to think more people watch it for being awful but judging by facebook people seem to love the show. I have very little faith left in humanity.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly, I have stated multiple times I get a ton of entertainment from watching just how bad it is. I am a huge fan of watching awful movies, and this is like that only I get to watch something new and terribly hilarious every weekend. Pretty much every reason Gonzo stated is why I keep watching.
Sounds like a huge waste of time to me. Same goes with terrible movies. I'm not going to sit down and subject myself to something I completely hate. I don't see what is so entertaining about that. That's just dumb.

Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

And that is the most infuriating thing to me. Obviously we all want it to be good, I'm a geek who loves zombies - anything zombies for that matter. But the fact that people just keep defending it by saying, "oh well if you overlook the inconsistencies" or "just don't think about it so much" pisses me off. Why should I dumb myself down to that level in order to try and genuinely and authentically enjoy something (as opposed to enjoying it from loving terribleness). I mean obviously I want it to be good, but it has wasted it's potential at almost every chance it has gotten. Could you imagine how good this show could be with writing like Mad men or Breaking bad? Instead we have to be force fed drama about should Andrea let random blonde character without a name kill herself, the same stupid **** we had to deal with all season with with Andrea all over again, which is just a terrible attempt at creating any sort of issue we should care about. The issues they try turning into actual dramatization are just hilarious, they seem to think having people argue is a genuine dramatization, or at least a good dramatization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Sounds like a huge waste of time to me. Same goes with terrible movies. I'm not going to sit down and subject myself to something I completely hate. That's just dumb.
I mean I find posting a ton of pictures of asian womens asses on an internet forum to be incredibly dumb and a waste of time but if thats what you enjoy by all means. If youre going to stand up for the show go ahead and do so, but I am going to enjoy doing what I enjoy doing, which is watching this show and spending my time on here mocking it. Telling me what I do with my time isn't helping make the show any better.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 04-02-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Sounds like a huge waste of time to me. Same goes with terrible movies. I'm not going to sit down and subject myself to something I completely hate. That's just dumb.
Some of the best times I have had watching movies and tv is making fun of some awful stuff I have watched. Some things just transcend being awful. The Walking Dead does that on TV and for instance The Room does it when it comes to movies. Sometimes I just need a little pick me up and knowing that even I am a better written than the hacks that write for The Walking Dead makes me happy. I think my sense of humor has a lot to do with it.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Some of the best times I have had watching movies and tv is making fun of some awful stuff I have watched. Some things just transcend being awful. The Walking Dead does that on TV and for instance The Room does it when it comes to movies. Sometimes I just need a little pick me up and knowing that even I am a better written than the hacks that write for The Walking Dead makes me happy. I think my sense of humor has a lot to do with it.
Different strokes for different folks I guess. I tried watching Superman Returns the other day, and couldn't make it past the first hour. For how bad it was, and how unrealistic Superman is depicted in that movie in contrast to his publication history, it wasn't funny to me or entertaining...and I had to stop viewing it.

Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I have bad movie nights with a big group of people all the time, I've even had bad movie dates with past gfs, who still email me to this day when they have found a terrible movie and want to let me know about it. It really is a blast sitting around laughing with a bunch of friends at how idiotic things can be when all it takes is for the writers to spend a few extra minutes on a plot hole in order to fix it, but just ignore it.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:

I mean I find posting a ton of pictures of asian womens asses on an internet forum to be incredibly dumb and a waste of time but if thats what you enjoy by all means. If youre going to stand up for the show go ahead and do so, but I am going to enjoy doing what I enjoy doing, which is watching this show and spending my time on here mocking it. Telling me what I do with my time isn't helping make the show any better.
Right, but doing something like that is something I enjoy. And I'm getting enjoyment of the activity, because I actually enjoy doing it...not getting enjoyment because I hate doing it. That's a terrible analogy by that way. If you said something along the lines of me posting photos of Asian women on the internet and I absolutely hate doing it, but still did it because of me getting some kind of enjoyment of something I hate doing, then you would have something along the same lines of what I was talking about. Instead you bring up something completely irrelevant that doesn't even make a good analogy.

Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
And that is the most infuriating thing to me. Obviously we all want it to be good, I'm a geek who loves zombies - anything zombies for that matter. But the fact that people just keep defending it by saying, "oh well if you overlook the inconsistencies" or "just don't think about it so much" pisses me off. Why should I dumb myself down to that level in order to try and genuinely and authentically enjoy something (as opposed to enjoying it from loving terribleness). I mean obviously I want it to be good, but it has wasted it's potential at almost every chance it has gotten. Could you imagine how good this show could be with writing like Mad men or Breaking bad? Instead we have to be force fed drama about should Andrea let random blonde character without a name kill herself, the same stupid **** we had to deal with all season with with Andrea all over again, which is just a terrible attempt at creating any sort of issue we should care about. The issues they try turning into actual dramatization are just hilarious, they seem to think having people argue is a genuine dramatization, or at least a good dramatization.

What is crazy to me is that there is already incredible source material to go on. Writers half as good as the staff working on Breaking Bad or Mad Men would make The Walking Dead hundreds of times better. It really does piss me off. I used to think it was pandering to an audience that doesn't want to think (it is actually impossible to think critically and enjoy the show) but now I just think those involved in the creative aspects of the show just are not talented people. I can't even blame the actors too much, the writing really is horrendous. I will continue to watch the show, hate it, have a great time making fun of it, and mock those that do like it. I know that makes me an asshole but besides me liking Daryl and the great makeup work done with the zombies there is not one other redeemable quality of the show, besides I suppose that it is so awful and the writing choices on the show so head scratchingly bad that I derive great pleasure from watching it. I just sit back now and think of the dumbest directions the show can talk and I am almost always right.