Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-15-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was a pretty good episode.

I really liked the opening of the show, it was nice to see everyone do their part with out having some long debate on how to handle the situation.

It was the first episode that I didn't want to kill Carl. I mean don't get me wrong he is still the worst person on the show but there was atleast "some" improvement.

I will agree with the SWAT zombies being pretty dumb.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone read the novels Robert Kirkman wrote? The first one is called "Rise of the Governor" and the second one is called "Road to Woodbury" and comes out tomorrow. My wife bought them on her Nook and I'm just wondering what to expect from them before I start reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Holy ****".

*cuts to black*

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Has anyone read the novels Robert Kirkman wrote? The first one is called "Rise of the Governor" and the second one is called "Road to Woodbury" and comes out tomorrow. My wife bought them on her Nook and I'm just wondering what to expect from them before I start reading.
Without giving too much away I've only read Rise of the Governor and honestly didn't know Road to Woodbury even came out yet. But that Rise of the Governor basically tells why the governor is the way he is. Nothing is very surprising if you read the comics (at least as far as I've gotten in it)

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Without giving too much away I've only read Rise of the Governor and honestly didn't know Road to Woodbury even came out yet. But that Rise of the Governor basically tells why the governor is the way he is. Nothing is very surprising if you read the comics (at least as far as I've gotten in it)
Cool, I'm looking forward to reading it. I've read Compendium One of the comics, so I have a pretty good idea of the Governor. Compendium Two comes out tomorrow also, so I'll be able to get pretty much caught up on the comic in a few weeks.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 10-15-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That episode felt like a video game. Fun, though. In digging Carl's improving flow.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very good start to the season. Much more fast paced.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this episode.. but something that continues to bother me is how everyone is an expert marksman and only hits the head. Really? A 10 year old kid and a pregnant chick can hit a moving target in the head from 50 feet?
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this episode.. but something that continues to bother me is how everyone is an expert marksman and only hits the head. Really? A 10 year old kid and a pregnant chick can hit a moving target in the head from 50 feet?
Video games man... Video games.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Everything dealing with guns is notoriously inaccurate in TV and movies. Stallone and Schwarzenegger can shoot machines guns for three minutes straight without reloading. Silencers make your gun sound like a high pitched fart when in real life, they don't have that effect at all. Bad guys have miserable accuracy while good guys never miss no matter the situation. It happens movie and show, so why should the Walking Dead be any different.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everything dealing with guns is notoriously inaccurate in TV and movies. Stallone and Schwarzenegger can shoot machines guns for three minutes straight without reloading. Silencers make your gun sound like a high pitched fart when in real life, they don't have that effect at all. Bad guys have miserable accuracy while good guys never miss no matter the situation. It happens movie and show, so why should the Walking Dead be any different.
Because this show is about REAL PEOPLE surviving in a world that is drastically different than the one they once knew.

Of course Rambo can shoot a machine gun forever, he's Rambo. He's supposed to be this insanely talented military badass so you can forgive something like that.

These people are supposed to be ordinary people with no background in law enforcement (except for Rick) and no military training, yet EVERYONE is a perfect shot no matter what? Come on. How can those two scenarios be the same to you?
Old 10-15-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention the show has already established that people need extensive training with arms to be effective, as we had to sit through an entire episode of Andrea figuring out how to use a gun but Carl can just head cap zombies like it isnt a problem but again, writing on this show is hilariously pitiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Because this show is about REAL PEOPLE surviving in a world that is drastically different than the one they once knew.

Of course Rambo can shoot a machine gun forever, he's Rambo. He's supposed to be this insanely talented military badass so you can forgive something like that.

These people are supposed to be ordinary people with no background in law enforcement (except for Rick) and no military training, yet EVERYONE is a perfect shot no matter what? Come on. How can those two scenarios be the same to you?
Because it is absolutely impossible for Rambo to shoot for that long. A military M16 has 30 rounds. If you hold down the trigger, you are going through that in a blink of an eye. At least it is humanly possible (although highly unlikely) for the people in TWD to become expert marksmen.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Rambo's military prowess allows him to magically manifest bullets out of nothing?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Of course not. Christ, do you guys read? In a movie about an action hero, it's easier to suspend belief about that kind of stuff than it is in a show about real people with zero training in anything automatically becoming expert marksmen.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's been close to 9 months now, no? Maybe they've been practicing? That's why they're so low on ammo now. Didn't pre plan for the clearing of a prison.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Of course not. Christ, do you guys read? In a movie about an action hero, it's easier to suspend belief about that kind of stuff than it is in a show about real people with zero training in anything automatically becoming expert marksmen.
Well two things. First, they did go through gun training quite a bit on the farm. And the show appears to have skipped forward about six months where they were fighting hordes of zombies every day so it isn't like they are picking up the gun for the first time and suddenly they are snipers. Second, I find it much easier to suspend belief watching a zombie show than a movie about the military.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Second, I find it much easier to suspend belief watching a zombie show than a movie about the military.
That's a hilariously good point.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea why it's such a big deal. It's not like they carbon copied the finale to last season either. They fired many shots that missed, and made express mention of it when Carol nearly shot Rick. It's not a big deal and some of you are making it one for little to no reason. Just enjoy the bloodbath.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:00 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I want to know is:
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3rcn2c/

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:37 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I thought this when I was watching Revolution too.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I have no idea why it's such a big deal. It's not like they carbon copied the finale to last season either. They fired many shots that missed, and made express mention of it when Carol nearly shot Rick. It's not a big deal and some of you are making it one for little to no reason. Just enjoy the bloodbath.
I have no problem with them missing. It's that EVERY TIME THEY HIT, they hit the zombies right in the head. Every time. I didn't see any body shots. It makes no sense. So they can miss, but no matter what, every time they hit a zombie it's a perfect headshot? Come on.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
Old 10-16-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I have no problem with them missing. It's that EVERY TIME THEY HIT, they hit the zombies right in the head. Every time. I didn't see any body shots. It makes no sense. So they can miss, but no matter what, every time they hit a zombie it's a perfect headshot? Come on.
I honestly think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

1. They know you are suppose to aim at the head. Why would you have a ton of body shots when they are aiming at the head? Look at the area surrounding a head.

If you miss while aiming at the head you've got an 85% chance of hitting air. These are people who have been training on how to shoot for at least a half a year (if I have the time frame from the farm correctly) they won't be shooting like storm troopers.

2. "Moving targets" they are zombies not Usain Bolt they aren't going to have to lead them much specially when they are running right at them.

3. Do you honestly think the show would be more entertaining if they made a special shot, just to show a body shot? A lot goes on off camera I for one don't have to see every insignificant bullet.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-16-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Why would they have body shots instead of head shots? Because they don't have advanced weapon training which I've pointed out before.

It wasn't a big deal to me.. just something small that annoyed me, UNTIL you all jumped all over me about it. Now I'm making a big deal out of it because I can. For the hardcore fan of this show everything can so "easily" be explained away. It's not a perfect show but you zealots sit here and argue with anyone who has even the slightest criticism of the show.

You guys made this a big deal, not me.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 10-16-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention most of their defense arguments are completely hypothetical and most of the explanations come from assumptions about what happens off screen, such as assuming they have been practicing with arms or fighting for months with zombies. However I will give you guys that one as they have hinted, and shown that that has mostly been the case in this situation. Outside of Carl, who Lori strictly forbade from getting that training the rest of them I can see having more skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote