Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-28-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm hoping for a good episode tonight. I have liked pretty much all of the jail storyline so far. The focus will be on the Governor and what not tonight and I hope they don't mess it up.
The Governor is a badass so I'm pretty confident he'll excel in television form too. Also, Michonne.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I actually think Carol is a interesting character. They don't do a lot with her, but as a side character we've seen her evolve from a battered wife to a helpless mom when Sophia was lost to a fairly strong woman lately. I think her character suffers a lot from not having clear relationships with the others. There's just really not a spot for her, even though I think there could be if the writers would give her the time.
No Carol sucks, Rick sucks, every character sucks, the Walking Dead sucks because the writers suck and they have absolutely zero character development. You much be mistaken. Carol is obviously exactly the same character as she was the first time we saw her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm hoping for a good episode tonight. I have liked pretty much all of the jail storyline so far. The focus will be on the Governor and what not tonight and I hope they don't mess it up.
The Governor is such a demented character in the comics that it will be almost impossible to screw him up. My only fear is that some of the stuff he does is so sick and graphic that they won't be able to show just how evil he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think every character on this show sucks, but I do agree that Carol sucks. So does Carl. T-Dogg isn't enough of an actual character to suck. He's just sort of there.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahaha I can't believe someone is defending Carol...like Carol. That chick has had maybe all of five minutes screen time developing her character in two seasons. Like what character changes have we seen her go through since we first saw her? She was completely apathetic to the point of just letting her husband abuse her and her child, and not that her child is dead shes the same apathetic character.

And yes, this shows group of characters are probably the worst collection of characters I have ever seen so that post was pretty accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carol is my least favourite character. Carol Spoiler below.

Jvig why do you still troll the thread? Aren't you not watching it this season?

Old 10-28-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Hahaha I can't believe someone is defending Carol...like Carol. That chick has had maybe all of five minutes screen time developing her character in two seasons. Like what character changes have we seen her go through since we first saw her? She was completely apathetic to the point of just letting her husband abuse her and her child, and not that her child is dead shes the same apathetic character.

And yes, this shows group of characters are probably the worst collection of characters I have ever seen so that post was pretty accurate.
Exactly. Carol may have changed but the change is illogical, it just happens over night. There's no scene where she monologues how she feels or how the world has made her reevaluate her life or anything. She just goes from battered wife to normal woman without any dialogue or logical progression or anything represents actual character development. It's like if Maggie suddenly became a raging psychopath on tonight's episode without any explanation or real growth. Things need to actually develop, otherwise it's just a crappy shift from one archetype to another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
The Governor is such a demented character in the comics that it will be almost impossible to screw him up. My only fear is that some of the stuff he does is so sick and graphic that they won't be able to show just how evil he is.
Did you miss the part where they showed Rick's ax going directly into Hershel's leg? I wouldn't worry too much about what they will leave off TV.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Did you miss the part where they showed Rick's ax going directly into Hershel's leg? I wouldn't worry too much about what they will leave off TV.
Not sure if you've read the comics or not, but some of the stuff the Governor does is substantially worse than cutting someones leg off with an axe to save their life.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude has his own version of a fetus room.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good episode. Not as action packed as the previous episodes but I am very satisfied with the introduction of the Governor. My only gripe is: there is no way in Hell the Governor gets away from those Army guys alive.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 10-28-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good episode. Not as action packed as the previous episodes but I am very satisfied with the introduction of the Governor. My only gripe is: there is no way in Hell the Governor gets away from those Army guys alive.
Agree no way he doesn't get at least one in the chest.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the first thing i thought. A gang of five-seven, self trained guys take down a giant group of military soldiers with military level equipment. And the governor didn't even flinch when there was rampant gun fire right in his direction. lol
Old 10-29-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did really enjoy this weeks episode. I really wonder what is going to happen when Merle meets T-Dog and Rick

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is what I was thinking. He would at least been shot once. Actually since those guys are military, I'm surprised they simply stood there and let him have his little speech. I thought they were going to make him get on the ground or whatever and use more authority.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:34 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

You guys are making one fatal miscalculation. The Governor is a badass therefore him standing in front of 6/7 trained combatants and not flinching once/getting shot at is completely logical. He could have stood in front of 30 and it wouldn't have made a difference. He does whatever he damn wants.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I did really enjoy this weeks episode. I really wonder what is going to happen when Merle meets T-Dog and Rick

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

Old 10-29-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew the focus was going to be on the Governor, but I was a bit surprised that they didn't show Rick and his group at all.

I'm not complaining I liked the episode, it's just rare to watch a episode of a show where the lead isn't in it at all.

The preview for next week looked good, I hope they can keep the ball rolling.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A show about a zombie apocalypse and people are having a hard time suspending disbelief over the Governor walking up and taking down trained military? Come on now

I mean I agree and all, but I'd say any logic has been thrown out the window in a show like this
Old 10-29-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://thewalkingdeadcomicsonline.blogspot.com/

Alright guys I found another link that has issue 1-102 50 more than the other link

I will accept payments in the same way as last :D

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
A show about a zombie apocalypse and people are having a hard time suspending disbelief over the Governor walking up and taking down trained military? Come on now

I mean I agree and all, but I'd say any logic has been thrown out the window in a show like this
This has GOT to stop being an cure-all excuse for this show. I'm so tired of seeing that. "Well dur dur it didn't make sense but it's a zombie show so it doesn't have to!1!1!" That is just lazy and annoying.

If something doesn't make sense, fine, because not everything has to, but stop saying that nothing has to because it's a zombie show. Grr.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it really is as simple as that. It is a zombie show. You take it all at face value

It was dumb that he did that and didn't take a bullet in return, but it was clearly done for cinematic purposes to make the Governor seem more threatening/badass and it accomplished that feat
Old 10-29-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also anyone notice the ar the governor used to shot the army guy running away only had a front sight? No way in hell can you shot a guy 50 yards away with only a front sight unless you get really lucky.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome episode. I've never read the comics or anything but I'm definitely excited to see where it goes from here.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what will become of those two prisoners that Rick and his crew left in the other cell block.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote