Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-04-2013, 04:47 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Great defense against walkers. Not a great defense against the Governor though despite a few random traps.
The Governor just wants the prison, he thinks it's the perfect place. If they moved to the town they'd be fine.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
"It's pointless to make the viewers invested in the characters"

This is what Walking Dead fans actually believe.
Yes, that is exactly what we are saying. We don't think it is important to get invested in characters. That's is ridiculous. I just don't think we need a big backstory on a guy who has one line and will get killed. Let's take this argument back to Breaking Bad.

Remember that kid that Todd killed? Where is his backstory? Why was he riding his bike? Who gave him that bike? Was it a Christmas present? Birthday present? Did he steal it? Did his parents tell him not to ride his bike in that area? So many unanswered questions. Why was there no backstory!?!?

See how ridiculous that argument is? Every show ever introduces characters with little to no backstory. But they are just background characters. We need a backstory for major characters. Even minor characters deserve some story. But background characters? That is just a petty complaint by people who want to find something to ***** about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I'm fairly certain the comic exists in a world where zombies aren't a pop-culture phenomenon, therefore nobody in the universe knows to refer to the dead as zombies.
I'm not 100% positive, but I think you are wrong about this. It's been about two months since I've read the comics, but I'm pretty sure they refer to them as Zombies in the comics. But the thing Broth posted in correct. These Walkers (and pretty much every zombie in entertainment since the 60s) are not actually zombies by the real definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
The Governor just wants the prison, he thinks it's the perfect place. If they moved to the town they'd be fine.
Now that is just not true. The Governor wants powerful groups dead. It's why he killed the military men. The Governor doesn't want to move to the prison. He would prefer to keep everybody in Woodbury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post

I'm not 100% positive, but I think you are wrong about this. It's been about two months since I've read the comics, but I'm pretty sure they refer to them as Zombies in the comics. But the thing Broth posted in correct. These Walkers (and pretty much every zombie in entertainment since the 60s) are not actually zombies by the real definition.

Quote I found from Kirkman. "One of the things about this world is that people don't know how to shoot people in the head at first, and they're not familiar with zombies, per se," Kirkman said on Talking Dead. "This isn't a world the (George) Romero movies exist, for instance … because we don't want to portray it that way, we felt like having them be saying 'zombie' all the time would harken back to all of the zombie films which we, in the real world, know about."

Read into that what you will I guess.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After what was probably my least favorite episode last week, last night was probably my favorite episode. The only gripe you could have is "magic" Michonne, but honestly, with the way her character is, I can't be too picky with that. There were so many underlying themes that were brought to attention in this episode that I think have some serious value to the viewer and merit to the show. This episode is what this show could be on a consistent basis, and I'm hoping that they are able to continue the momentum of this episode for the rest of the season.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Quote I found from Kirkman. "One of the things about this world is that people don't know how to shoot people in the head at first, and they're not familiar with zombies, per se," Kirkman said on Talking Dead. "This isn't a world the (George) Romero movies exist, for instance … because we don't want to portray it that way, we felt like having them be saying 'zombie' all the time would harken back to all of the zombie films which we, in the real world, know about."

Read into that what you will I guess.
I think that is talking about the show, not the comic. Like I said, I'm not positive. I just thought I remembered them saying zombie in the books.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 03-04-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jr, TWD is not even close to being on the same level as Breaking Bad. I was making a suggestion as to how they could maybe make me care about the show more and of course as a diehard TWD apologist you have to take what I said out of context. I loved this past episode so if I was just looking for things to ***** about I would have done so with the last episode too. TWD has many characters I don't at all care about with moments that are set up to be very important that fall flat because of this. My complaint was that whole asthma kid stuff was a complete waste of time, much like nearly everything that happened that episode.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely a great episode. Big jump into relevant & not awful for Carl. Michonne getting in good graces is huge, as I'm pretty tired of Rick constantly being a dick. Hopefully the (poorly managed) backpacker was supposed to tie in with the sybolism of Rick accepting Michonne and wanting to save Morgan as a step in the less douchey direction for Rick and his willingness to allow others in. Especially with a lone character like that, it seemed awful to me that you'd just pass on by. I can understand being scared of the power of a group but a solo survivor seems like an easy add.

Which, of course, was just one of the topics brought to light in a great episode. Unlike last week's "set-up" show that delivered very little. Andrea really does suck. (I like her/the actor, so I'm hanging that one on the writers, too.)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the back packer was pretty cool and a good ending. Goes to show the attitude the groups carrying about not letting people in and sets up nicely for Rick to realize what's changed since this all started. Set up the rest of the episode with Morgan pretty well. And the end of them seeing the results of leaving him was a solid ending.

That guys a symbol, not a character.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I thought the back packer was pretty cool and a good ending. Goes to show the attitude the groups carrying about not letting people in and sets up nicely for Rick to realize what's changed since this all started. Set up the rest of the episode with Morgan pretty well. And the end of them seeing the results of leaving him was a solid ending.

My whole thing with that is we have seen Rick take that attitude towards others numerous times before. In fact it just happened last two episodes ago. Just seems like the writers are bashing the audience over the head with that idea which is unnecessary. Then there is the fact that the hitchhiker thing was kind of unclear. Just one of the moments that fell flat for me. I did really like the episode though and if the show was that good consistently I would have no problem forgiving moments like that since it really did not diminish my enjoyment of the last episode.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I guess character development in a character driven series isn't all that important..

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
My whole thing with that is we have seen Rick take that attitude towards others numerous times before. In fact it just happened last two episodes ago. Just seems like the writers are bashing the audience over the head with that idea which is unnecessary. Then there is the fact that the hitchhiker thing was kind of unclear. Just one of the moments that fell flat for me. I did really like the episode though and if the show was that good consistently I would have no problem forgiving moments like that since it really did not diminish my enjoyment of the last episode.
What fell flat with the hitchhiker? I thought that little bit was a great moment of the show. Such desperation from the hitchhiker. Complete indifference from everybody (even Carl). And then the end, when he dies. Then they nonchalantly pick up the bag and the camera stays focused on the car as they drive away. I thought that moment was one of the best done aspects in the history of the show.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 03-04-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
What fell flat with the hitchhiker? I thought that little bit was a great moment of the show. Such desperation from the hitchhiker. Complete indifference from everybody (even Carl). And then the end, when he dies. Then they nonchalantly pick up the bag and the camera stays focused on the car as they drive away. I thought that moment was one of the best done aspects in the history of the show.
I actually liked that shot of the car backing up and them picking up the bag. In fact there were many shots I liked it the episode, it was very well directed. The whole thing with the hitchhiker just felt played out to me. I have seen it before, I already know Rick is ruthless, so the scene really added nothing to the show imo. Just kind of felt like wasted time. The scene was shot so well that if they HAD to include it I feel like it should have resonated more emotionally but like someone brought up before, TWD is generally not great with those moments.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually liked that shot of the car backing up and them picking up the bag. In fact there were many shots I liked it the episode, it was very well directed. The whole thing with the hitchhiker just felt played out to me. I have seen it before, I already know Rick is ruthless, so the scene really added nothing to the show imo. Just kind of felt like wasted time. The scene was shot so well that if they HAD to include it I feel like it should have resonated more emotionally but like someone brought up before, TWD is generally not great with those moments.
I disagree. We've seen rick be ruthless before but its always been to a direct threat. For example the Shane situation or the Merle situation in season one. But never before have we seen the group rick included just disregard a living human before. It also sets up a nice contrast to how he reacted to Morgan.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I disagree. We've seen rick be ruthless before but its always been to a direct threat. For example the Shane situation or the Merle situation in season one. But never before have we seen the group rick included just disregard a living human before. It also sets up a nice contrast to how he reacted to Morgan.
Two episodes previous to the people in the prison. Him wanting Michonne gone and only taking her in to use her. Prisoners. I am sure there are more, those are examples of him being ruthless off the top of my head.

I just don't think the audience needs to be bashed over the head with an idea to get it. Then again the audience for TWD is not very smart so maybe I am wrong.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Two episodes previous to the people in the prison. Him wanting Michonne gone and only taking her in to use her. Prisoners. I am sure there are more, those are examples of him being ruthless off the top of my head.

I just don't think the audience needs to be bashed over the head with an idea to get it. Then again the audience for TWD is not very smart so maybe I am wrong.
Tyrese episode was 100% different the man was insane and was still in the aspect of the group safety. Mistrust is a common theme be it the prisoners or Michonne but at the end of it they stayed after achieving trust. The hitch hiker was never given consideration.

Yes Gonzo you are so much smarter than the entire audience of TWD

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-04-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering some of the things that TWD fans are willing to make excuses for and argue about..

Old 03-04-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Tyrese episode was 100% different the man was insane and was still in the aspect of the group safety. Mistrust is a common theme be it the prisoners or Michonne but at the end of it they stayed after achieving trust. The hitch hiker was never given consideration.

Yes Gonzo you are so much smarter than the entire audience of TWD
Yes that is exactly what I said Broth. Exactly.

I have social media and I read what people write about the show, they are not a smart group. Sure though, I am smarter than the ENTIRE audience of TWD.

Looking critically at the show you can see that they have made an effort to appeal to the lowest common denominator in that the show tends to be nonsensical, various themes touched on are rarely explored, and the show has always bashed their points over the audiences head. It does great ratings so clearly something is working. That said just because it does great ratings does not mean I need to love every aspect of the show.

Keep on blindly defending the show with emoticons and taking what people say out of context though bud.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Considering some of the things that TWD fans are willing to make excuses for and argue about..
I feel like Jr and Broth are producers on the show or something the way they attack everybody who does not love everything about the show.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I feel like Jr and Broth are producers on the show or something the way they attack everybody who does not love everything about the show.
For once we agree about something.

I get liking a show. I get liking a show that sometimes makes no sense and has a plothole a week.. I am a big big fan of Chuck, and that show rarely made a bit of sense, but I didn't defend it like it did.

It's easy to just say you know what, you're right, a b and c don't make sense, but instead some people in this thread defend it like their lives depend on it.

Seriously, it's an entertaining show, but it has a TON of flaws that will likely never be fixed, and that's ok, but stop acting like it doesn't have any. And stop acting like every time someone brings up something they don't like that it's a personal attack on you.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Definitely a great episode. Big jump into relevant & not awful for Carl. Michonne getting in good graces is huge, as I'm pretty tired of Rick constantly being a dick. Hopefully the (poorly managed) backpacker was supposed to tie in with the sybolism of Rick accepting Michonne and wanting to save Morgan as a step in the less douchey direction for Rick and his willingness to allow others in. Especially with a lone character like that, it seemed awful to me that you'd just pass on by. I can understand being scared of the power of a group but a solo survivor seems like an easy add.

Which, of course, was just one of the topics brought to light in a great episode. Unlike last week's "set-up" show that delivered very little. Andrea really does suck. (I like her/the actor, so I'm hanging that one on the writers, too.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post

Not only is that guy symbolism for that episode, but a look at what their attitude toward outsiders will be toward the rest of the season. Kind of like how Morgan saw everyone as a threat, but I see Rick & Co. having a more dialed back type of look at it than Morgan's.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now that is just not true. The Governor wants powerful groups dead. It's why he killed the military men. The Governor doesn't want to move to the prison. He would prefer to keep everybody in Woodbury.
He has literally said countless times that he sees the prison as the perfect place and thought it would be impossible to clear out and live there. He want's them dead because they stand in the way of his prison, if they moved out and he showed up he wouldn't go looking for them, he would move in and set up and wait for an attack that would never happen.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
He has literally said countless times that he sees the prison as the perfect place and thought it would be impossible to clear out and live there. He want's them dead because they stand in the way of his prison, if they moved out and he showed up he wouldn't go looking for them, he would move in and set up and wait for an attack that would never happen.
This is exactly right. Yes he wants Rick dead but if they leave and move into Ricks old neighborhood I doubt The Governor would find them nor would he be looking JUST for them. Then again I haven't read the comics so maybe I am wrong unless this argument is purely hypothetical in which case to suggest that The Gov doesn't care about the prison is crazy talk.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Quote:
Yes that is exactly what I said Broth. Exactly.

I have social media and I read what people write about the show, they are not a smart group. Sure though, I am smarter than the ENTIRE audience of TWD.

Looking critically at the show you can see that they have made an effort to appeal to the lowest common denominator in that the show tends to be nonsensical, various themes touched on are rarely explored, and the show has always bashed their points over the audiences head. It does great ratings so clearly something is working. That said just because it does great ratings does not mean I need to love every aspect of the show.

Keep on blindly defending the show with emoticons and taking what people say out of context though bud.
People who get called out for saying something foolish often run to context to hide behind just like every good politician. Where is the context that I missed?

Quote:
I have bashed the show. On several occasions. But there are things that are just common to television that are done for timing purposes or because that side story line adds nothing to the show. Like vidae's pet argument. The fact they don't show people missing or shooting the torso. Does that add any enjoyment to the show? Do 90% of the things people ***** about if corrected add any enjoyment to the show? Or is it just nit picky. While I have myself said and also agree with some of the complaints like the Sophia thing taking too long. But other things are common ways to save time and money.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-04-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we should be content with these things because they are common amongst other television shows? Since when did something being commonplace mean it translates to acceptable? This is sort of like saying that the writers shouldnt be blamed for dragging out boring episodes because its a tv show, and its ok to have it drag its feet and not move the storyline forward. Being common doesn't equate to acceptable, especially when the same network runs two of the top five television shows on tv; shows that don't fall into these trappings- so it isnt that hard to see why some of us expect more and want more. Idk, at least as some people said, it seems like they are trying to fix the voiced problems. So I give credit for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
For once we agree about something.

I get liking a show. I get liking a show that sometimes makes no sense and has a plothole a week.. I am a big big fan of Chuck, and that show rarely made a bit of sense, but I didn't defend it like it did.

It's easy to just say you know what, you're right, a b and c don't make sense, but instead some people in this thread defend it like their lives depend on it.

Seriously, it's an entertaining show, but it has a TON of flaws that will likely never be fixed, and that's ok, but stop acting like it doesn't have any. And stop acting like every time someone brings up something they don't like that it's a personal attack on you.
I don't think there are as many plot holes as people like to think but then again I seem to have a vastly different definition of plot holes than the mass populous.

If this thread was more about the show than about picking out flaws I wouldn't care nearly as much. But I bet that if I venture into the Chuck thread (which i never had so I may be wrong) but I'd assume most of the talk is not about the "plot holes" or any other nonsensical things in the show. But it has gotten to the point where people claim plot hole or nonsense when it seems perfectly reasonable with a bit of thought.

Even after good episodes a troll or two will waltz in and complain about one thing or another. Maybe it is my connection and love for the comics that makes me like the show so much (idk why because any resemblance of the comics left in season 2) but that's it I'm willing to meet in the middle and admit that some things in this show just don't make sense if that's what it takes to talk more about the show then whatever flaws people seem to find in every episode.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote: