Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-11-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, Rick is a ******* awful character. It isn't his fault, its the writers. They have NO idea how to write that character. There is no believability to anything he says or does at all.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Honestly, Rick is a ******* awful character. It isn't his fault, its the writers. They have NO idea how to write that character. There is no believability to anything he says or does at all.
Exactly. The writer's ******* blow. Amateur hour. It's really not that hard to write for a show like this and they are still ******* it up.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Whoa whoa whoa....you back off The Following right now!

And I agree, rough episode but TWD is still overall a good show with great potential.
The following ******* blows as well. The stupidity of the main characters on that show is mind boggling.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well at least we got to see Maggie in this episode....thats a +

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Very disappointing episode IMO. Did not build off of last week's momentum 1 bit. I hate that they had Rick even entertain the thought of turning Michonne in and saying he needs to be talked out of it.
These are the things I hated about this episode and the continuing problem with the show's writing. Last week showed the potential the show has, this week showed how the writers are completely incompetent.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that was an awful episode, not that I expected it to be great though. It is annoying how the show teases me by having a great episode followed by this ****.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
These are the things I hated about this episode and the continuing problem with the show's writing. Last week showed the potential the show has, this week showed how the writers are completely incompetent.
You also have to remember that the only ****** character in last weeks episode was Carl. This week it was back to having the whole cast and almost every one of them are terrible. If the show ever wants to fulfill its potential most of the characters need to be killed off. Being that it's a show about zombies that would make some sense too. Bring in a whole new cast of people and start again, there is no saving this cast.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I believe it will come together with the potential. Honestly, I think the writers are having a tough time figuring out how they want to end this conflict with the governor and how long they want to go with it.

I just hate what they are doing with Rick. He is slowing come along, coming along like the previous Rick and then BAM, back to the stupidity that was tonite.
I actually agree with this they are progressing Rick way too fast. So fast it comes off as unnatural. I think this means they are going to go completely away from the comics at this point. This episode did introduce some thing that are going to be important later. But there are three episodes left and the actual showdown with the governor is going to wait til the end of the season. Expect another slow episode next week.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:25 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
You also have to remember that the only ****** character in last weeks episode was Carl. This week it was back to having the whole cast and almost every one of them are terrible. If the show ever wants to fulfill its potential most of the characters need to be killed off. Being that it's a show about zombies that would make some sense too. Bring in a whole new cast of people and start again, there is no saving this cast.
I think, aside from Carol and Judith, the group in the prison is actually fairly strong at this point as far as characters go. Carl and Rick are essential to the story and everyone else has come to make sense.

Carol is unfortunate because she's so poorly acted that even if the writers took the opportunity to do something good with her, it'd fail. She's just way too shallow for a character that's experienced what she's experienced. She should have died a long time ago if they weren't going to bump her role up.

It seems like the writers are just worn out with the Judith thing and none of the fans give a **** about the baby anyway. Might as well kill it off with Carol.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This episode was essentially setup, but those are expected to come and go. I thought the performances from Andrew Lincoln and David Morrissey were really good and it was finally nice to have them meet face to face right at the beginning of the episode. The part where the governor talks about the incident with his wife well played out. An attempt at making him a little sympathetic and understandable. The "town drunk" line by Rick was also funny.

Wasn't a fan of Andrea and haven't been this season as she doesn't really bring anything to to the table other than mostly exposition. Didn't really make sense for her to go back to Woodbury with everything she now knows about the governor. Maybe she cares about the people, but we don't really see much of that in the episode.

The sex scene between Glenn and Maggie was alright, but it seemed to try and drag out and take up time after a little bit.

Overall it was one of the better morality-play episodes I've seen. I like the ones revolving around more action based, but this was decent.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:05 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm good with what Ness said about the episode, and the show could really use Andrea dying.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The story about the Governor's wife got me wondering something. Information about the books to in the spoiler tags. It won't spoil the show though, only the books if you haven't read them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
The story about the Governor's wife got me wondering something. Information about the books to in the spoiler tags. It won't spoil the show though, only the books if you haven't read them.

I just read the books shortly after Christmas... I am really upset with myself that I don't recall that at all.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I just read the books shortly after Christmas... I am really upset with myself that I don't recall that at all.
Were they the graphic novels or the actual novels Road to Woodbury and Rise of the Governor?

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 03-11-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Were they the graphic novels or the actual novels Road to Woodbury and Rise of the Governor?
I read the graphic novels which might explain why I didn't recall that.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I read the graphic novels which might explain why I didn't recall that.
Yeah, the novels take place before the comics so you don't get it in the comics.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's a great question. Based on the direction this series has been going since the start of season 2 where they have turned the entirety of what was the comics into the show what it is now. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they just decided to ignore the novels just as they are ignoring the comics.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 07:43 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have been fine with this episode if they hadn't pulled that nonsense at the end where Rick asks to be talked out of turning over Michonne. His entire time with the Governor and subsequent "we're going to war" speech were exactly what he should have done. He knows full well the governor is a sociopath who won't let them live yet he's going to try the path of stupidity?

These writers are absolutely awful. Pick a plan and go with it. They just flounder back and forth over and over and they're ruining every good thing they do.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'm the only one who interpreted that final conversation between Rick and Herschel as Rick asking Herschel to talk him out of going to war. Remember, Herschel didn't say pretty much anything that whole scene, and the part where Rick asked Herschel if he was willing to risk his daughters safety seemed more like he was asking if he was ok with Rick making that decision (in a way).

Old 03-12-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I guess I'm the only one who interpreted that final conversation between Rick and Herschel as Rick asking Herschel to talk him out of going to war. Remember, Herschel didn't say pretty much anything that whole scene, and the part where Rick asked Herschel if he was willing to risk his daughters safety seemed more like he was asking if he was ok with Rick making that decision (in a way).
I may have to re-watch it. Maybe I'm an idiot (I've been called worse) but I read it the opposite way. I thought he was saying he wanted to scare them all so they would agree to turn over Michonne.

Most likely cause for confusion: awful writing, directing and acting. I'll decide for sure after I re-watch the ending tonight.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I may have to re-watch it. Maybe I'm an idiot (I've been called worse) but I read it the opposite way. I thought he was saying he wanted to scare them all so they would agree to turn over Michonne.

Most likely cause for confusion: awful writing, directing and acting. I'll decide for sure after I re-watch the ending tonight.
I could see the confusion, it was written ambiguously (and idk if I can credit the writers for doing that by design). I could easily be the one who is the idiot, lol.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I could see the confusion, it was written ambiguously (and idk if I can credit the writers for doing that by design). I could easily be the one who is the idiot, lol.
This is the same conversation we had last week, though. The backpacker and Rick's ambiguous look. It's like the writer's are indecisive and, rather than actually make a choice, leave it up to the viewer to interpret. If it is by design it's a stupid design. I do agree that it's unlikely that it's intentional.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we are all in agreement that the ending with Rick questioning himself has really annoyed the **** out of all of us.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I think I will save people some time.

OH NOES ITS AN ANDREA EPISODE!

Hey this thing didn't make sense (I'm not sure what that is yet)

WORST SERIES EVAR NO SYMOBLISM AT ALL!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote: