Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-02-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Carl:

SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahahaha.

Carl is definitely going a little whack-o

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/x-mos...e-walking-dead

I'll just leave this here.

p.s. this only starts to cover some of the problems

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hilarious.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt put it past these writers to have characters start Hallucinating Andrea next season. YOU THOUGHT SHE WAS GONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol - those were really good.

"Conflict arises..eye ***** the camera"

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-04-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Govenor to be a main stay character in the series IGN is reporting. So much loling.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Govenor to be a main stay character in the series IGN is reporting. So much loling.
Can't wait to hear people defend this move.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Great....more 25 minute stare downs between him and Rick.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was that unexpected?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It all depends on how long he will be a main character. I was thinking he would be in the first three episodes of the season. I suppose I could see him being in the show until the mid-season break, where the last episode is the final battle. But if he is going to be here for a long while, I don't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Great....more 25 minute stare downs between him and Rick.
I'm about to just read the comics and give up on the show.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
It all depends on how long he will be a main character. I was thinking he would be in the first three episodes of the season. I suppose I could see him being in the show until the mid-season break, where the last episode is the final battle. But if he is going to be here for a long while, I don't like it.
So basically have season 4 be a prolonged extension of season 3?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like the show... don't love it.

The concept could be awesome but unfortunately there are just so many things wrong...

- All the characters are morons, what makes shows like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad or Mad Men so good is that they have smart characters who act like normal human beings, characters like Tyrion. This show just has total morons being stupid, if it was a comedy that would make more sense.

- Realism... goes hand in hand with the above but they are all dead eye shooters until it comes time to hit a main character and then no one can shoot? Would be better if they missed occasionally.

- Zombie consistency... they can chop down a million zombies in certain situations and yet they could never clear the 20 zombies out of the prison yard? Really? I guess this goes back to the moron characters, it got genuinely annoying seeing a dozen zombies all against the fence and they never kill them and reclaim the yard?

That what makes the show "watchable" but also incredibly frustrating. So much potential to be amazing and yet it isn't but you keep watching hoping for more.

I'd say it's more like Jamarcus Russell... all the tools are there to be great but through awful decisions and execution it just never gets near its potential.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So basically have season 4 be a prolonged extension of season 3?
I wouldn't like it, but I could see it. Here is how it should go:

4.1: Fastforward six months. Maggie and Glenn are married. Darryl and Carol are together. The prison group and the Woodbury folks are getting along and they are making the prison a home. A slow episode, but it builds a foundation for what is going on. End the episode with the Governor, now surrounded by a group of scary look guys, plotting revenge.

4.2: A Governor-centric episode. Show him rounding up weapons, getting more soldiers, planning an attack. At the prison, show everybody taking it easy to reinforce the idea of safety.

4.3: All out war on the prison. Nobody is expecting it. The prison is destroyed, all (or at least most) of the Woodbury folks are killed, the Governor ends up dying, and the main group is on the run again.

But how it will really happen, they would stretch all of that out to 8 episodes, thus the Governor being a main character until the mid-season finale.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 04-04-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Oh I can see it too. Which is why I find it to be absolutely hilarious. I will **** a brick if the Governor just gets a whole new group of people and we have a "big battle" (blink and you miss it) all over again. I will seriously **** a brick if they just use up half of this next season on the exact same premise of this entire previous season.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to think the show had potential but I just don't think it does. Pretty much everyone involved in the show would have to be replaced for it to be great and that is just not happening. I love the zombie/horror genre so it was really hard for me to stop wanting this show to be better but I think I finally have. In response to Wog, I really do think The Walking Dead is a comedy.

Most things in the show make no sense, pretty much every character is awful and the ones who aren't awful are simply bad but look good in comparison. The writing is ****. The plot rarely makes sense.

On occasion episodes are actually pretty good but I think those episodes are good merely in comparison most other episodes which are ****. I continue to watch because the shows works well as a comedy, a kind of parody of the zombie genre. No longer do I get disappointing by the show. The bar is set so damn low and I really do find the show funny. Take for instance the finally which people hated but I enjoyed. I was laughing at the ridiculousness without and I found the Governor leaving in the most anticlimactic way to be perfect.

I really don't expect The Walking Dead to change now so I will continue to not watch on my TV and support the show but I do find it hilarious so there is no way I will stop watching now.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sad thing is I don't think I can stop watching it. invested too much time.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
sad thing is I don't think I can stop watching it. invested too much time.
I'd just watch as Gonzo said, just enjoy it for what it is at this point. Ive been keeping up just because of my interest in "things so bad its funny". Its like Tommy Wiseau was handed the directing job and this is what we got.

OH HEY ZOMBIEEEEE

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Nope sorry can't defend it. Really really bad move.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd just watch as Gonzo said, just enjoy it for what it is at this point. Ive been keeping up just because of my interest in "things so bad its funny". Its like Tommy Wiseau was handed the directing job and this is what we got.

OH HEY ZOMBIEEEEE
That is EXACTLY how I feel. It is like a combination of The Room, Troll 2, with zombies though not quite as funny or bad as either of those movies so it even kind of fails at that.

I still say Carl is a **** actor. Yes they have gotten better at writing his dialogue but I laugh pretty much every time he says anything. Same with Herschel who I wanted dead before the finally but I think I have changed my mind. He is seriously good comic relief. I kind of like Daryl but they have done a poor job with his character lately and I think his blossoming relationship with Carol is dumb as hell. People keep saying they like Glen and Maggie but I think they are awful. Glen used to be cool but now he is like that guy in high school trying waaaaay to hard to seem badass and failing. Maggie is hot but annoys me. I really wish Shane was still around, he really brought the comic relief and entertainment. I don't really know why I felt I had to start ranting about why I dislike these characters but whatever.

What I do find amazing is the show ended just about as poorly this season as it possibly could have an people on social media went off about how amazing the episode is. That is why the show will never change and for everyone complaining about the show but tuning in to AMC each Sunday, know that this is all your fault.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Eh i actually have started to see a lot more scrutiny from the fans of this show on various boards across the web. It still has the die hards who take any criticism and make it out to be like a deceleration of WW3, but Ive seen quite a few fans say that the show really needs to get more consistent and stop dropping the ball. It'll be really interesting to see where this show goes next season. They really cant afford to go back to a S2 like story after that finale.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 04-04-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Eh i actually have started to see a lot more scrutiny from the fans of this show on various boards across the web. It still has the die hards who take any criticism and make it out to be like a deceleration of WW3, but Ive seen quite a few fans say that the show really needs to get more consistent and stop dropping the ball. It'll be really interesting to see where this show goes next season. They really cant afford to go back to a S2 like story after that finale.
Season two wasn't even enjoyably bad so I agree. I don't even hate The Governor coming back as a series regular. I mean once he was not killed it was obvious that was going to happen. It is not like this is stopping the show from doing great things either. The writers despite having the comics to derive material from clearly don't know what the hell they are doing. The Governor killing as the people was the funniest part of the finale so I hope for more scenes like that. For the record it was funny because I didn't give a **** about any of the people that got killed because the writers didn't even make an effort to make me care (though of course Broth kept riding me because I had the gall to suggest that the show should focus on developing some characters from that group and suggested maybe the asthma guy be one of them).

The best episode of this past season was easily when they went back to their old neighborhood and it reminded me that this shows needs to spend more time focusing on how this plague has effected people and made them in hardened killers. There have been times when the writers focus on the moral decisions Rick makes but they kind of do a poor job at that and tend to bash the audience over the head with their points. Now I am finding myself wishing the show would be better than it is so I will stop.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

This show does a few things well, but so many things poorly. It really is a shame too.

I do like Glen and Maggie, I sort of like Herschel, I like Daryl but he's getting worse, and the rest are meh. I won't stop watching it, but season 1 was a show I had to watch night of, and I took a week in between viewing some episodes this season.

It sucks because nothing will change. Their ratings are higher than ever. It's a juggernaut, and for all the bitching people are doing, it isn't hurting the ratings at all.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh I can see it too. Which is why I find it to be absolutely hilarious. I will **** a brick if the Governor just gets a whole new group of people and we have a "big battle" (blink and you miss it) all over again. I will seriously **** a brick if they just use up half of this next season on the exact same premise of this entire previous season.
I wouldn't have a problem if they did another big battle. I also didn't have a problem with the battle being so short in the finale. The Governor was using teenagers with asthma and housewives for his soldiers. It's not surprising that they freaked out. But going to battle with better trained men would make for a better battle.

But if they stretch it out for an entire season, I'll be pissed. It will be worse than season two because the prison is more secure than a farm. The entire season will be prison drama with a sprinkling of the Governor and his crew.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote: