Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-28-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wasn't me. If it had been Carl and his stupid hat would be gone.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
My idea is girl sees them two sick or dying kills them to become "strong" and doing what she think she has to do. Carol finds them and the bloody girl brings them out back and burns them.
Absolutely agree.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When we are talking about this crowd little conversation means that the episode must have been relatively good.
Episode two was garbage, episode 3 was slightly more pleasant garbage but still garbage. I think most of us just get bored bitching about the same awful things the show does.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Episode 2 was horrible. Episode 3 was actually pretty decent. Half of the reasoning behind maybe not liking Episode 3 is because it had to follow up with the first two awful episodes. The other half was Carol full-on taking the reigns from Lori and Andrea as the worst character ever. Why are they featuring her so much? She's terrible, she's been terrible...there's nothing for her but terrible. Other than that, pretty good episode.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Episode 2 was horrible. Episode 3 was actually pretty decent. Half of the reasoning behind maybe not liking Episode 3 is because it had to follow up with the first two awful episodes. The other half was Carol full-on taking the reigns from Lori and Andrea as the worst character ever. Why are they featuring her so much? She's terrible, she's been terrible...there's nothing for her but terrible. Other than that, pretty good episode.
One great thing to come from the episode, the four best characters going on a road trip together. Also Herschel being so terrible he is great. Other than that I was doing a lot of head shaking.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
One great thing to come from the episode, the four best characters going on a road trip together. Also Herschel being so terrible he is great. Other than that I was doing a lot of head shaking.
I like Cuddy, Darryl, and Katana... But I haven't liked the Barksdale character at all so far. We'll see where it goes, but I have low expectations.

Agreed with Herschel. If they can somehow separate the good parts of the show from the so-bad-it's-good parts of the show and run concurrent storylines with both doing their thing, we could have a real product on our hands.

The fact that Herschel went in there to serve them tea rather than just leaving them the ingredients to make tea is just one of those things where I can't tell if the writers are that dumb or they think the audience is that dumb. That he still hasn't looked into the pigs and has all of a sudden become a medical doctor-type moreso than a veterinarian is just befuddling.

But then there's still Carol... I expect her to get dead soon because the show at least listens to people when a "worst character ever" pops up in the show. Those characters die.

Last edited by nepg : 10-28-2013 at 10:34 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Carol needed to die a long time ago. DeAngelo Barksdale is regardless. I am rooting for him hard. I was so happy both him and Cuddy went along for the trip. Ideally Carol dies and Daryl becomes the best character on the show again.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Carol's been buffered from being the worst character on the show by Lori, Carl, Andrea, and Dale. She should have died a long time ago and has always been the most useless character, though. She's going to be an end-of-season death, though. I can see it now. The show thinks the audience cares about her like they thought we cared about Andrea and that they're killing Starks... No, we just want them gone!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Episode two was garbage, episode 3 was slightly more pleasant garbage but still garbage. I think most of us just get bored bitching about the same awful things the show does.
Since when???

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Since when???
Well personally I stopped doing it every episode. I will come in and comment when things are done right. The group they gathered for the trip to the vet was very right.

I am very excited about the spinoff. If they get all new writers and a good cast it could be an incredible show.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Since when???
I know right. I'm sure there is a rationale behind that too.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched it last night and thought it was solid. I laughed a bit with the Herschel stuff. Trying to sneak out for berries instead of simply letting someone know so he could get help harvesting. Bringing everything into the infected cell instead of simply brewing tea to send in. I did think his speech was brilliantly delivered and quite moving.

It was definitely another example of writers making bad decisions. Ultimately, I don't hate the characters as much as some do, and think they are doing a good job with weak & inconsistent material provided by the writing staff.

Discussing it has become somewhat silly, though, as those who want to bash everything seem to make the most noise.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

There's good acting in the show. It and the show's potential are the only things holding it up most of the time. Carol is wrecking the show at this point - between a terrible character and terrible acting, she single-handedly makes scenes unwatchable. Blonde girl is just useless. She's bound to be the next in-line Lori/Dale/Andrea/Carol...
Old 10-29-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I don't think Ive ever really gotten on the show for the actors. They do a fine job outside of Carl and Dale face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My body is ready

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-31-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is by far the best love-hate show on TV. It flips from greatness to stupidity at least four times every episode. It seems like it's in better hands with the new showrunner. He's had a decent track record. Unfortunately he inherited a lot of characters that were already damaged goods from previous storylines from his predecessors.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did not see Carol getting abandoned coming.

Also, they should have taken more medicine from that vet school. They got everything Herschel told them to but you never know when you might need something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Last edited by jrdrylie : 11-03-2013 at 09:13 PM.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did they get in? Why did they not exit the same way?

This season is decent, but I just think that the writers really must suck at logical thinking.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post

This season is decent, but I just think that the writers really must suck at logical thinking.
I figured that they were leaving the way they came but then the walkers came.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 11-04-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Well I mean they are called walkers for a reason. They walk and are mobile so in all likelihood the way they got in is now swamped with 100 walkers.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 11-04-2013, 03:50 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Did not see Carol getting abandoned coming.

Also, they should have taken more medicine from that vet school. They got everything Herschel told them to but you never know when you might need something else.
With the way the episode was going, Rick and Carol spending so much time together, I had a feeling it was going to be a good-bye to the character. I actually thought Rick was going to kill her.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:06 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
With the way the episode was going, Rick and Carol spending so much time together, I had a feeling it was going to be a good-bye to the character. I actually thought Rick was going to kill her.
On second viewing, I think Carol even knew it was going to happen. The opening scene almost felt like her goodbye to the little girl (Lilly?).

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 11-04-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I figured that they were leaving the way they came but then the walkers came.
This. Also thank goodness Carol is gone.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
This. Also thank goodness Carol is gone.
I don't think this will be the last that we see of her. Unfortunately.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't think this will be the last that we see of her. Unfortunately.
Agreed but I'm a happier person imagining she is gone. Unfortunately I'm worried about how Daryl reacts. I will be a sad panda if they write him off the show (whether by leaving or death).