Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 10-16-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 6, Packers vs. Rams

Inactives:

Rams
Mike Sims-Walker
Nick Miller
Stephen Spach
Ben Leber
Rod Hood
Jerious Norwood
C.J. Ah You

Packers
Chad Clifton
Alex Green
Davon House
Rob Francois
Andrew Quarless
Mike Neal
Vic So'oto
Old 10-16-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously...

Start off the game with beautiful playcalling. Nice mix of run, pass, and playaction. Then we get into the redzone and again we refuse to run the ball and do those stupid fake handoffs out of the shotgun.

Crosby ties Chris Jackie's consecutive FG record with 17 in a row.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

And it can actually get worse! 3rd and 2 with a pitch to John Kuhn! Unreal.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

3rd and 3, up by 21 points. Lets keep passing!
Old 10-16-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not the best played game nor the most entertaining but a win is a win

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 2nd quarter was great. Team sleep walked through that 2nd half, though

Also, hopefully that concussion that Shields sustained on his INT return will knock some sense into his pea brain. Sick of seeing this idiot try and run every damn INT back regardless of the situation. You catch it that deep into the EZ....GO DOWN. Dude ran down the line trying to get out of the end zone and takes a big and unnecessary hit

Saw him do this in the NFCCG where he tried to run the game sealing INT back instead of just going down. Reminds me a lot of Darren Sharper as far as idiocy goes

he better not miss next weeks game because of his stupidity. Team had to play the entire 2nd half with Bush on the field because of it. Pisses me off

oh yea, 2 of Rodgers 3 INT were passes right to his WR's who had it clank off their hands. The only real INT he has thrown was to Urlacher. His accuracy is ridiculous
Old 10-16-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

A win is a win, but...

We gave up 424 yards of offense to the 2nd worst offense in the NFL.

Gave up 5.3 ypc to Steven Jackson. Oh yeah and we face Adrian Peterson next week.

We're soft up the middle. Our DEs aren't doing a good enough job. Pickett has been invisible and the only guy making any kind of impact has been Wynn - who's only in during passing situations. C.J. Wilson looked promising last year but has been MIA this year. The same goes for Howard Green.

The secondary has taken a HUGE step backwards. I knew Woodson wouldn't be the same player. Shields has grown but is still a work in progress. And Tramon? Even before he got injured he didn't look like himself. I think thats part of whats hurting us in the sack department. Last year we covered so well that guys had time to get to the ball. This year its the exact opposite.

I wish we'd committ to the run for a change. We started off the game so well, so balanced, and that opened things up with the playaction. We also run alot of odd running plays. On short yardage we're trying to take pitches and run off tackle. Sometimes you just need to line up and pound it in the middle.

I hate B*tching after a win but this was a team that had no business being on the field with us today. We let them eat us up on defense and shut us down defensively in the 2nd half.

We did have some bright spots though. Hawk finally showed up and made an impact. Bishop was a tackling machine. Burnett now knows how to tackle with that club on his hand. And Zombo got his feet wet for the 1st time this season.

With the way things are shaping up though I'd really like to see Davon House develop or at least be active on gamedays. Our secondary has been a very weak area for us and nobody seems to be stepping up. I found it odd that we had Jarrett Bush covering Alexander after Shields went out. Has Pat Lee fallen down the depth chart?
Old 10-16-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it's pretty clear that the D is nowhere near what it was last year. Bright side is they aren't allowing too many points but you figure that come playoff time this will hurt them

teams have no problem gashing them over the middle for big gains consistently

The yardage total doesn't really bother me tbh. They score a lot of points, have quick scoring drives and get up big. Teams have to throw more. This game the Rams probably got half their yards at the end of the 2nd quarter when the Pack went up 24-0 before the half and at the end of the game when the Packers were basically just sitting on the lead

The issue still and will be the pass rush. They got 3 sacks today just off the fact that the RAms OL blows...but there were plenty of times where Bradford had a lot of time to throw the ball.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:24 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
A win is a win, but...
We gave up 424 yards of offense to the 2nd worst offense in the NFL.
Gave up 5.3 ypc to Steven Jackson. Oh yeah and we face Adrian Peterson next week.

I hate B*tching after a win but this was a team that had no business being on the field with us today. We let them eat us up on defense and shut us down defensively in the 2nd half.

We did have some bright spots though. Hawk finally showed up and made an impact. Bishop was a tackling machine. Burnett now knows how to tackle with that club on his hand. And Zombo got his feet wet for the 1st time this season.

With the way things are shaping up though I'd really like to see Davon House develop or at least be active on gamedays. Our secondary has been a very weak area for us and nobody seems to be stepping up. I found it odd that we had Jarrett Bush covering Alexander after Shields went out. Has Pat Lee fallen down the depth chart?
#1- Great interception by Shields in the end zone, but why run like a criminal fleeing a crime scene there? Take a knee son. So stupid, and not the first time he's done that. Now will it cost us an important body?

#2- Our run defense. Adrian Peterson this week, the best in the game. However, if we 100% commit to stopping him as we did Forte, we can keep him bottled up. We held Forte to less than one yard per carry because we didn't have to honor their passing game. We don't have to honor the Purple passing game either. A little bit Percy Harvin. Will be interesting to see if the Grapes go with McNabb or Ponder starting Christian this week. I hope their few remaining fans all sell their tickets and that hell-hole dumpy dome is 80% Packer fans. That game always scares me, and Jared Allen gives us fits in that fast track. Once again, he gets a backup for us, not Clifton.

#3- Good call on Devon House. He's gotta get ready. He has the skillz.

#4- Am I the only one, besides Arod, who's tired of some easy drops by these WRs? Jordy stopped a drive in the 2nd half and kept points off the board. Jennings again dropped a perfect deep one, and bumped it up in the air for a gift INT on Rodgers stat sheet, just like in Detroit last year. It cost us points in the 2nd half, and was only Rodgers 3rd Int. I think 2 of his 3 Ints were direct errors by WRs this year. Driver also dropped a perfect throw yesterday.

#5- Amen to the 49ers for giving the Lions their first loss. Get that team to stop believing they're going to always win. They are a threat to our division title, so I was a huge Alex Smith fan yesterday, and my Gosh, he came thru at the end with a great, CLUTCH TD pass on 4th & goal. Drew Brees did not. Alex Smith, and Tom Brady did. Interesting.
Atlanta @ Detroit this week.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:13 AM    (permalink
PackerFan20
Rookie

PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I understand that Capers loves his zone-blitz scheme, but when we rush 6 guys and get no pressure, we can't be playing zone behind it. We give up way too many big plays, especially on third downs, where we have a 5-man zone and the QB gets tons of time to dissect it. We have the personnel to go man (maybe not with Shields out) - why hasn't he made this adjustment?
PackerFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much is Hawk going to get fined for throwing up the middle finger?

Anyone else catch that?
Old 10-17-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
How much is Hawk going to get fined for throwing up the middle finger?

Anyone else catch that?
He will get fined, but better not get suspended as I heard Colin Cowherd say today he should not. Colin thinks it's no big deal, rarely do I agree with that guy.

Still can't believe Alex Green was inactive yesterday. I suspect we saved him a bit for the turf of Minny this week.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Are any of you guys familiar with Cowboys coach Jason Garrett, and his voice?
His vanilla answers?
If so, you will spit out your juice listening to this> http://www.theunticket.com/fake-jaso...kes-his-debut/
Old 10-17-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post

I don't know that I agree that the Rams shut us down in the 2nd half. The WRs dropped some easy balls. It wasn't like Rodgers was dumbfounded by anything they were doing defensively. McCarthy definitely took his foot off the pedal a little bit with the playcalling.

I would like to see the running game be more consistent in short yardage, but that is something that's been plaguing this offense for a while now.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

MM had the same thoughts I did regarding Shields stupidity

Quote:
McCarthy said Shields learned a lesson on the field that when you have the football in your hands you have to make proper decisions. McCarthy said he doesn’t want his players taking unnecessary hits and exposing themselves to injuries.
yeah, lets hope he learned his lesson finally
Old 10-17-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I don't know that I agree that the Rams shut us down in the 2nd half. The WRs dropped some easy balls. It wasn't like Rodgers was dumbfounded by anything they were doing defensively. McCarthy definitely took his foot off the pedal a little bit with the playcalling.
Exactly. Just the Jordyzz drop on 3rd down, which would have been at about their 40-yard line, cost us points, maybe 7.
Then the Jennings drop-gift-interception on the deep ball, that cost us points, probably 7 more.

Those 2 simple drops probably knocked off 50-60 yards from Rodgers, and probably knocked his passer rating down about 20 points. He finished at 119, but I suspect it would have been around 140 without the int charged to him, and those 2 completions for 50 yards total.

Mac was more conservative in the 2nd half, as he should be with that Rams offense. Even though they racked up 400 yards, they were held out of the end zone time & time again.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers I heard is still the only QB ever to have a passer rating of 110 or higher the first six weeks of a season.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post

I would like to see the running game be more consistent in short yardage, but that is something that's been plaguing this offense for a while now.
It was a combination. I guess the point I was trying to make is that we seemed to be all over the place and couldn't find any form of consistancy. I liked when we opened up running ball but we got away from that early and couldn't restart it during the 2nd half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Rodgers I heard is still the only QB ever to have a passer rating of 110 or higher the first six weeks of a season.
Yeah I heard that too. Pretty amazing accomplishment for Rodgers and Co.

Just think too, we have a legit MVP canidate playing right infront of our eyes.

I'd like to see more power runs. Just run it up the gut instead of pitches to Kuhn and shotgun handoffs. Like I said its hard to complain after a win but I just felt like there was no reason why we couldn't have dropped 40+ on these guys.