Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 10-19-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 7: Chiefs vs. Raiders (3:00 CST)

Discuss the upcoming game here
Old 10-19-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care if we have Luck locked up in week 17 and a win would drop us to the second pick, I want to beat the Raiders every single damn time we take the field.

All that being said, I think this is a game we lose. I'm not worried about Palmer, I'm worried about the back end without Berry and I'm worried about stopping McFadden.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN's Adam Schefter has reported on Twitter that the Raiders are planning to start Carson Palmer against the Chiefs. If this is true, they must have zero confidence in Kyle Boller. This should be interesting.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 weeks ago, this was a loss. now, this seems like a victory. Oaklands D, Run DMc and the home field are pluses for the Raiders. everything else is a plus for Chiefs. making Palmer start should be a HUGE plus for KC. he hasn't practiced in 9-10 months, let alone play an NFL game. we saw 1st hand what happens when you aren't properly prepared for the season. knowing this, Romeo will make stopping the run the #1 task for the D and we saw against the Vikes that when they put there mind to it, they can stop anyone.

i love Raider Hater week.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Chiefs Ninjas!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs should be the favorite. Need Battle to continue to run hard. Hopefully the BYE week was used to get more useful packages installed and get potential difference makers (Baldwin, Gaither) involved in the gameplan. First real big test since they started making positive adjustments to the gameplan.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs should not be favorites over a 4-2 team on the road that's just silly. That said I think they have a chance if they can keep D-Mac in check.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The Chiefs should not be favorites over a 4-2 team on the road that's just silly. That said I think they have a chance if they can keep D-Mac in check.
Well, no...they won't be the favorites in Vegas, but I give the Chiefs the edge with the improvements they've made, the BYE week, and Oakland's QB situation.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate 3:00 games.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I hate 3:00 games.
No doubt. Especially for me since the Pats and Chiefs have been playing at different times all year and the Pats don't play this week. On Sundays, I've been waking up to the Chiefs and have lucked out with a few Pats games on the local stations...so I just ride the couch and order some pizza/chinese.

Also sucks is that there's only one early game on local TV (wtf?) and the Chiefs are sharing a time slot with Green Bay-Minnesota. Not sure why we're not getting SD-NYJ or Denver-Miami early.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last week I thought we would win this one. Then Campbell went down. Now I think we take them to school: 35-10. Chefs do some cookin'

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:07 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Looks like Kyle Boller's getting the start today, not Carson Palmer.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont know which would be better for the Chiefs, Kyle Boller, who is TERRIBLE or Carson Palmer after 4 days of practice after sitting on his ass for 10 months. either way, the Chiefs defense should exploit this fact and get pressure on the QB early. to get a win, the Chiefs need to find a way to scratch out a few points against the Raider D. this maybe harder than expected. Oaklands D will be ready for the Chiefs and they have to know that its on them to win this game.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

The Chiefs certainly aren't taking that defense lightly. I'm excited to see what packages they roll out for this game after having a couple weeks to prepare. The Chiefs have multiple receivers finally, so that will present a challenge the Raiders aren't used to when playing them.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baldwin is active for the game.Bowe+Breaston+Baldwin=BOOYAH
Old 10-23-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We look good, not great. I don't get why Haley doesn't call the timeouts there at the end of the half. Cassel has been tearing up their secondary so far today. We can move the ball, but use the gd timeouts with over a minute left.. bleh. Could be up 17 to 0 atm.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I love how the announcers keep talking about the Raiders injuries with no mention of the Chiefs at all.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

A win is a win I don't care how it comes.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
i dont know which would be better for the Chiefs, Kyle Boller, who is TERRIBLE or Carson Palmer after 4 days of practice after sitting on his ass for 10 months.
the simple answer is both. Boller played as well as expected. he sucked bad enough for the Raiders front office to possibly give up 2 1st round picks for Carson Palmer. Palmer looked like a guy that didn't know the playbook, had no timing w/ WRs and hadn't seen game speed in 10 months.

Cassel looked ok. he made some really good throws and some throws that i shook my head at. the Raiders secondary was beat up enough that this should have been one of his good games. he did do that. our running game was almost nonexistent. we gotta find a way to run the ball w/o JC. Battles game against the Colts was a start, but we need more consistent play for our RBs. btw, i really don't like McCluster as a RB. he almost never gets through an arm tackle and our OLine isn't good enough to keep hm completely clean.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Cassel had some really good throws and some really dumb ones. The pick at the end of the half you can't blame on him but the one in the third you can put solely on him. Bad decision, even worse throw.

The defense really stepped up, especially the back end. Some pressure, not as much as you'd like, but the DBs played well and Derrick Johnson was a man possessed out there.

Overall, I'll take the win, ESPECIALLY when its against Oakland. I'll take the shutout too. A lot of good stuff to build on for next Monday night.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Cassel was off in the second half. Couple bad routes by receivers, but he just seemed cold. They were just trying to run the clock out anyway. Better to have had an off half in an easy win than next week against the Chargers. He and Baldwin really need to work on their timing and Baldwin needs a lot of work on the route trees, it seems. Couple times Cassel just threw the ball away because Baldwin ran the wrong route.

The pick in the 3rd was just bad. I don't think INTs on Hail Mary's should count against the QBs stats because it's deceiving.

The running game was trash in the first half, but they got the job done when it mattered. And is it just me, or does the extra conditioning the Chiefs invested in look to be paying off the last few games? They're finishing games, which is something they struggled with last year.

Last edited by nepg : 10-23-2011 at 06:46 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The Chiefs don't have a RB on the roster that I feel is a threat.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I like Battle for what he does.. he always seems to be falling forward. Thomas Jones is just done. The guy can't play anymore.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

I thought the Battle-McCluster duo was pretty effective in the second half. Battle's not a superstar, but he gets the job done.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I freaking loved it when after Oakland was taking cheap shot after cheap shot late in the game Haley decided to air it out to run it up.did'nt work but man did my respect level for Haley rise