Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Which team has the best chance at survivng their first scenario?
Team Gun Slingers 7 17.95%
Team Falcon Punch 5 12.82%
Team Zed Faced Killas 9 23.08%
Team Tits 18 46.15%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Whoever voted for the damn mountain bike after my warning we are killing you off dammit!
It wasn't me!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Horses spook easily in TV shows because it makes for good drama. In real life horses can detect movement and sound from greater distances than humans and would be of far more assistance in this mission than you may be able to understand.
Horses are irrational animals, as some one who grew up heavily involved with them.

I think the thing you are missing is the amount of training it takes for both horse and rider to be able to do what you guys want to do, riding a horse is not easy, period, riding a horse and operating weaponry takes a SHITTON of training, horses don't like loud noises, they don't like sudden movements by riders and it takes a hell of a lot of training just to get them accustomed to a rider in general.

They also really don't offer that much in carrying capacity unless you are bringing along pack horses as well, you can't put a boatload of weight on them or you lose all mobility and the type of saddlebags that would be required to actually carry sufficient food/ammo would make them very noisy, both the saddlebags and the horses.

Horses are never quite animals, especially in packs.

Basically horses are the worst form of transport for mine, only just because mountain bikes have a lot of these issues also but the unpredictability and noise/trail that horses make slightly trump their carrying capacity for edge on the bikes.

Got to throw in, given some of the things that startle horses, I imagine the undead would probably give them a fair fright and whoever brought up the having to keep watch on them also makes a great point.

Either way, I don't see how you can't vote for one of the two car based teams on a supply run, purely on carrying capacity.

I also question whether it is a 30 minute trip regardless of transport type or if it should be a 30 minute trip for a specific type of transport, I mean regardless 30 min on a bike or horse is a significantly longer trip for the human than by car, but surely the added speed should be a benefit to these vehicle choices?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
You clearly misinterpreted the meaning of the words 'mountain' bike.
To be honest when I read it and reread and reread it and reread it again I read Dirt Bike every time. Now that I know it is a mountain bike it makes it even worse! If someone gets hurt how are they going to get back? Like breaking a leg or something...you can't peddle back...plus with all the supplies on your back and peddling uphill you are gunna get tired fast!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Horses are irrational animals, as some one who grew up heavily involved with them.

I think the thing you are missing is the amount of training it takes for both horse and rider to be able to do what you guys want to do, riding a horse is not easy, period, riding a horse and operating weaponry takes a SHITTON of training, horses don't like loud noises, they don't like sudden movements by riders and it takes a hell of a lot of training just to get them accustomed to a rider in general.

They also really don't offer that much in carrying capacity unless you are bringing along pack horses as well, you can't put a boatload of weight on them or you lose all mobility and the type of saddlebags that would be required to actually carry sufficient food/ammo would make them very noisy, both the saddlebags and the horses.

Horses are never quite animals, especially in packs.

Basically horses are the worst form of transport for mine, only just because mountain bikes have a lot of these issues also but the unpredictability and noise/trail that horses make slightly trump their carrying capacity for edge on the bikes.

Got to throw in, given some of the things that startle horses, I imagine the undead would probably give them a fair fright and whoever brought up the having to keep watch on them also makes a great point.

Either way, I don't see how you can't vote for one of the two car based teams on a supply run, purely on carrying capacity.

I also question whether it is a 30 minute trip regardless of transport type or if it should be a 30 minute trip for a specific type of transport, I mean regardless 30 min on a bike or horse is a significantly longer trip for the human than by car, but surely the added speed should be a benefit to these vehicle choices?
We were under the impression the mission was not about how much you carried, but about getting in and out of the Walmart safely, without attracting any zombies which a car would clearly do. Obviously we were mistaken and punished for that. I still don't know how the damn horse group beat us though.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:16 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the team that didn't submit a strategy and didn't even participate in the mission should lose a person for being lazy pieces of **** and not doing anything.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:18 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I think the team that didn't submit a strategy and didn't even participate in the mission should lose a person for being lazy pieces of **** and not doing anything.
Who else was in this besides us 4 groups?

We might as well continue with who we have. If they didn't make the first mission, they probably done goofed and got ate.

That is, unless they're guys I like. Then Bantx should obviously make an exception as long as they only have 3 members like Kal said!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:30 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:14 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question for Team Tits. How do you plan on locking the doors at Wal-Mart? You need a key to lock those automatic sliding doors. Where are you going to find that key? Is one of the team members just coincidentally the manager of the store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Who else was in this besides us 4 groups?

We might as well continue with who we have. If they didn't make the first mission, they probably done goofed and got ate.

That is, unless they're guys I like. Then Bantx should obviously make an exception as long as they only have 3 members like Kal said!
What if it's Bantx's group?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the second group has the best conop. violence of action almost always trumps stealth. zombies are slow plodding creatures but they don't sleep and they don't get tired, so you can assume if they're around they'll be on constant patrol. With the truck and the higher caliber weapons systems, they're in; they're out and they're better equipped to defend themselves against an attack.

Horses? In theory it could be could work out, but riding horses is a skill. If you're not skilled horseman, and if you don't have trained horses...it will be a disaster. Not to mention, if your mode of transportation is a living creature, can't it get infected by the zombies? That's all you need, is a 1,200 lbs beast that can run like the wind after your brains...am I wrong?

The shark suits are clever, but they are going to slow you down something fierce. Armor is rarely worth what you sacrifice in maneuverability when you're in a fight.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Not to mention, if your mode of transportation is a living creature, can't it get infected by the zombies?
No, that is false.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
It wasn't me!
Yeah I strongly advised against bikes. Kal was the one who pushed for it. I voted some sort of armor plated truck or van.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Yeah I strongly advised against bikes. Kal was the one who pushed for it. I voted some sort of armor plated truck or van.
Woah...I brought up hybrids before we were supposed to submit it. Quiet, efficient with fuel and are not bikes.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yall need to come up with a vote for who to kill off soon

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
yall need to come up with a vote for who to kill off soon
You need to write your Walmart strategy for your team. :D
Old 10-21-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Question for Team Tits. How do you plan on locking the doors at Wal-Mart? You need a key to lock those automatic sliding doors. Where are you going to find that key? Is one of the team members just coincidentally the manager of the store?
Aren't there both manual locks and deadbolt locks for them?

This is where the state of the Walmart and the intelligence/ability of the zombies would affect the scenario (information that wasn't provided). Is the power or generator giving the store emergency power? Is the store locked up like Fort Knox (if it is, then there's probably little to no zombies who've been able to get inside)? Do zombies have the problem solving skills to open sliding doors without handles or tools?

Lets assume the store was just abandoned and there's no power at all. No one bothered to lock up, or make sure an emergency generator was on. That'd mean the doors would be able to be manually pried open with our crowbar. If there are manual switch/kick locks and no key is required to lock them, then our plan goes along perfectly. If there are no manual locks and a key is needed, then we'd have to choose to just close the doors and hope the zombies are so sloppy and stupid to open them, be cautious and find something to wedge into each end (probably something metal from the car's tool kit, like a screwdriver or small wrench) so that even if the zombies could slide them, something jamming it would keep them closed, or a combo of one the former and us making our first act inside to be finding the keys, which'll probably be immediately inside at the greeter's station. If we were desperate, we could also park the car immediately on the inside of the most outer doors and/or pile up carts, creating an additional wall incase they were able to break our wedges.

So yeah, if there are keyless manual locks, we're fine. We can wedge something in each end of the doors. It'll also take 30 seconds for the 3 man team, should they decide to do this after seeing no keyless locks, to walk the 20 feet indoors and secure the keys from the greeter station, and then return to lock them and proceed with the original plan.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

need a name by 10 tonight or i will randomly select one off

Old 10-21-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Ok since no one on the team is stepping up I'm cutting jvig off the team randomly chosen. Unless yall come up with a name by the time I post up the scenarios tomorrow then this is final.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

When is that?
Old 10-21-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

when I can get on the computer tomorrow I've been at the hospital all day.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rather then to leave a man behind to be zombified, we choose to fight and go down as a team. No man left behind!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Rather then to leave a man behind to be zombified, we choose to fight and go down as a team. No man left behind!
I chose to live the Bill Murray 'zombie' life.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Our actual plan was to drive through walmart in a snowplow, not even bothering to get out and grab stuff on the top shelves while throwing flaming bags of poop because even zombies get distracted by those. But alas we are all dead.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's why we American zombie killing

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

so the whole team is gone?