Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 02-25-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
TACKLE and I just drafted Brown in the Forum Mock.
Yea I have been high on him for a bit now but started to doubt that anyone is looking at him as an ILB in the 34.

Him running a nice 40 at that weight might put him above us. Then again, 4-3 OLB rarely get drafted high even though they might be a great prospect

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is getting compared to lawrence timmons and timmons was a top 25 pick. I think we will be too far back to grab him
Old 02-25-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to stop talking him up because when we don't select him I'm'a be'a so'a sad :(

Heck, maybe if we stop talking about him and Silatolu, their stock won't rocket up higher than our pick like everyone else we talk up.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-26-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
It would be cool to get the MD local here. He was in my region for wrestling and boy the guy was a freak. Won MD state track title as a senior and jogged the last part of the sprint. I would like him.

But I agree I got a feeling we will take a hard look at Hightower. Hightower seems like a JJ kind of player. Can stuff the run, blitz, even put his hand in the dirt but will just be embarassed if asked to cover these freak TEs who keep popping up
If we used him in Johnson's role I would have no problem with taking him, but I'm worried that we would plug him in at ILB. I wouldn't value him in the 1st round though.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
If we used him in Johnson's role I would have no problem with taking him, but I'm worried that we would plug him in at ILB. I wouldn't value him in the 1st round though.
It would be a waist of his coverage skills to put him in JJ's spot.

Also, with his weigh in and possible 40 time, he probably shoots up boards and will be valued in the first

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-26-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
It would be a waist of his coverage skills to put him in JJ's spot.

Also, with his weigh in and possible 40 time, he probably shoots up boards and will be valued in the first
Hightower's coverage skills? ;)

EDIT - I was referring to the second part of his post and everything I wrote was about Hightower. Brown would definitely be an ILB in our system and worth a first round pick.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 02-26-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stephen Hill?
Old 02-26-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Doesn't really seem like our kind of pick. I can't remember the last time we took one of the guys who significantly increased his stock postseason with one of our high picks.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Stephen Hill?
I'd take him in the third depending on who is available and what we have already locked up.

If we resign Grubbs and get an ILB and C with the first two I'd be ecstatic.

If we have to burn one of the first two on a guard to replace Grubbs, I might be more interested in who is still available at C. Obviously if we can't get a value at C with the 3rd pick I would be okay with it.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-26-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
I'd take him in the third depending on who is available and what we have already locked up.
good luck with that. he's a top 45 pick.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Kendall Wright's disappointing forty isn't bad news....for us. :D
Old 02-26-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
good luck with that. he's a top 45 pick.
I still think he is a bit raw though. Everyone knew he was going to come in and blaze at the combine but it's a question of his hands and route running ability.

A team might become enamored with him and take him in round two (If Al was still around and they had a 2nd round pick I'd have him as all but a lock to the Raiders) but I still see him as a mid to late third kind of guy.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 02-26-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Kendall Wright's disappointing forty isn't bad news....for us. :D
I'm not sure about his first run but I saw the second one and it looked like he stumbled a bit right at the start. I doubt he falls to us, he should light it up at his pro day.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not sure about his first run but I saw the second one and it looked like he stumbled a bit right at the start. I doubt he falls to us, he should light it up at his pro day.
Yeah his starts looked off on both his runs. I hold a very high opinion of him as a football player but 5'10 WR's who run 4.61 don't tend to go early.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Sure he's probably been coached up a little but he actually doesn't interview too poorly at all. I liked how he was willing to speak candidly. This is actually the first press conference or filmed interview had since he first arrived at ASU.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/media...5d2752a77f3bfb
Old 02-27-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Dont'a Hightower with a 4.62. I don't know if he plays to that speed but it certainly makes him a more appealing option.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dont'a Hightower with a 4.62. I don't know if he plays to that speed but it certainly makes him a more appealing option.
While Burfict runs a 4.93 and 5.10. The tape shows the opposite for these two guys but now you really have to wonder. Can't wait to see the drills.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
While Burfict runs a 4.93 and 5.10. The tape shows the opposite for these two guys but now you really have to wonder. Can't wait to see the drills.
It's pretty bizarre that the one guy plays faster than the other yet runs 5 TENTHS slower.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching that Burfict interview it screams please draft me Ravens. I think we can get him in the late rounds with those 40 times. I would take him there.

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 02-27-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care that he ran a 4.62, Donta Hightower is still slow as all hell on tape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
His other measurements weren't much better

- Didn't bench
- 30" Vert (worst of all LBs)
- 8"8'Broad (2nd worst of all LBs)

Plus, you add on the fact that is was supposedly terrible in interviews and his poor 2011 game film, and that all add up to a mid-late round pick at best
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really want any part of Burfict in the first half of the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Anyone else tihnk we should consider Janoris Jenkins at 29? Him Webb and Smith would be ridiculous. Having them we can get as crazy as we want with our pass rush because they will be able to handle the quick routes.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Anyone else tihnk we should consider Janoris Jenkins at 29? Him Webb and Smith would be ridiculous. Having them we can get as crazy as we want with our pass rush because they will be able to handle the quick routes.
I don't think we really need him. With Webb, Smith, and Williams we've got a very nice group at CB and I highly doubt Jenkins would start over either Webb or Smith. Carr, Gorrer, and Brown makes it a pretty deep position for us as well. Now if we lose Webb and/or Williams since both are RFAs this off-season that would change my mind a bit but I'm not sold on Jenkins either. To improve our pass-rush we should focus on getting guys that are talented at getting to the QB instead of having to rely on manufacturing pressure with scheme/calls. I'm still not sure what direction the defense will be going with now that Pees is the DC. A replacement for Johnson that can get to the QB would also change the dynamic of our defense.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

If Pees is really a greg mattison clone then we will need elite CBs for a successful D. Getting Jenkins gives us elite CB talent. Jenkins talent is far better then a pass rushers talent we can get at 29. Jenkins can be a impact pro bowl CB, IDK if we can get that at 29 with pass rushers