Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-24-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I think about it, the more I would love to have Kendall Wright. Who cares if we already have Torrey Smith. Boldin's not getting any young and outside of those 2, we had no threats at WR last year. I know we also have Pitta, Dickson and Rice but Wright would be a welcome addition in my eyes.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
The more I think about it, the more I would love to have Kendall Wright. Who cares if we already have Torrey Smith. Boldin's not getting any young and outside of those 2, we had no threats at WR last year. I know we also have Pitta, Dickson and Rice but Wright would be a welcome addition in my eyes.
As would I sir. Torrey is a deep threat but at this point has proven to be much more. Kendall separates as well as any WR in this draft and can create from all three WR spots on all three levels (short, intermediate, deep). If he falls to us, I'd be thrilled if we took him.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got a 4th and 5th round comp. pick. I like that. The 4th round pick might be a good one to target a RB with, or maybe a RS.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:55 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad we picked up the 4th seeing as we traded our fourth rounder.

RB is a possibility as I guess it is being considered a need. Would like to see Pead or Pierce there if we decided to do so.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alshon Jeffery weighed in at 213 pounds today and ran a reported mid 4.4- 4.5 forty. I think he's one of the more realistic options available at our pick and if you want to look at talent alone, I think he's right there with Floyd and Blackmon as the most talented receiver in the class. One of the few players valued around our pick that I'd really, really love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Alshon Jeffery weighed in at 213 pounds today and ran a reported mid 4.4- 4.5 forty. I think he's one of the more realistic options available at our pick and if you want to look at talent alone, I think he's right there with Floyd and Blackmon as the most talented receiver in the class. One of the few players valued around our pick that I'd really, really love.
I wouldn't rule him out. It will be interesting to see if he keeps it off once he gets his pay check. There are certainly other prospects which I value over him but others who I would prefer him over.

He is right there with Knoz on my list of players who I'm worried about taking in round one.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-28-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting a 4th back is real nice. Soften the blow of trading that 4th for Evans.

I'm just real unsure on Alshon. He had a down year and I'm always leery of skilled position players who have weight issues. I can understand some big lineman who has weight problems but WR's shouldn't have a problem staying in shape.

I just hope one of Martin, Adams, or Glenn is there to make the decision easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

My (realistic) ideals right now are (In no particular order):

Dre Kirkpatrick: Has the ability to play bump and run in our defense and I like his potential to replace Ed Reed at safety down the line.

Kendall Wright: Gives us a big time weapon that we have been missing on offense (other than Rice)

Donta Hightower: Could play inside or out in our scheme and can potentially provide pass rush in nickel situations

OLB (Upshaw, Ingram, Andre Branch): One is bound to fall to us

surprise picks:

Amini Silatolu: this guy is shooting up boards way faster and higher than I thought possible, it seems as though our 2nd round pick will end up being the low end of his range all the way from being the high end of his range a month ago. Might be a bit of a reach so I doubt it happens, but I am confident enough in this guy that I would be okay with using a first on him if need be.

Bobby Massie: Will remind some of Oher but I think he has a bit more intelligence and probably a little less refined skill. Has potential to play LT in my mind and while I don't necessarily see him as a first round guy, it isn't about what I think, others may be willing to take him in the first and if we want him we may have to take him a bit early

Let me say that by surprise, I also mean unlikely :P we all know Ozzie doesn't reach. I just wouldn't mind taking some of these guys in a situation where we had nothing else really worth while to take. I would probably be willing to take Silatolu over any of my questionable types but I doubt it would happen.

Guys I am worried about taking:

Peter Konz: hasn't played a full college season in his career, I just have doubts about his durability.

Alshon Jeffery: Weight is off... for now

Jonathan Martin: I don't think he brings the physicality needed in our run game. Our system is pretty vanilla and if DEs know we are running the ball they should be able to bull doze right through him.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-28-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where would you put Mike Adams and a WR like Hill/Randell?
Old 03-28-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
where would you put Mike Adams and a WR like Hill/Randell?
Adams would probably be my #1 player that has the slightest chance of falling to us. (i.e. I would love DeCastro, but that is unlikely)

I am one of those people that is not high on Hill although I would probably take him over Alshon.

Randell is a 2nd rounder in my mind who is not worth taking in the first.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 03-28-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be very pleased with Massie in the 2nd round. He could compete with Jah at LG and potentially take over for McKinney after the season.

I wouldn't want Hill or Randle in the first. I don't think Randle is worth the pick and Hill is a project and I'd prefer a weapon able for use this upcoming season.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Courtney Upshaw ran a 4.8 at his Pro Day, I think that there's a chance he could be there for us at 29. I'd really, really love Upshaw as a replacement for JJ and a force opposite Suggs. I don't think he's the elite pass rusher you draft in the Top 10, but I think he's a carbon copy of Lamar Woodley who can be a great all around player and contribute more to the pass rush then JJ did. Ozzie loves Bama players and I think Hightower gets drafted above Upshaw at this point...Could be a legitimate option for us, and I think it'd be one of the better picks we could make. Upshaw-Suggs outside is just straight up nasty.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Courtney Upshaw ran a 4.8 at his Pro Day, I think that there's a chance he could be there for us at 29. I'd really, really love Upshaw as a replacement for JJ and a force opposite Suggs. I don't think he's the elite pass rusher you draft in the Top 10, but I think he's a carbon copy of Lamar Woodley who can be a great all around player and contribute more to the pass rush then JJ did. Ozzie loves Bama players and I think Hightower gets drafted above Upshaw at this point...Could be a legitimate option for us, and I think it'd be one of the better picks we could make. Upshaw-Suggs outside is just straight up nasty.
I still think he has the option to play inside as well. Just another reason that I like him.

Wherever he would play I think he would make an impact similar to JJ, unoticed and unappreciated by the masses but still be a huge part of our defense.

Kuechly

On an unrelated note, I'm starting to think it is a real possibility that Kuechly falls to us. A few teams could grab him ahead of us but with the most likely (Eagles) probably drafting an OL instead, it the chips COULD fall so that he would be around.

Seahawks could be interested but I think they will look on the offensive side of the ball. Even their OL could still use help

The only other team I could see grabbing him ahead of us is the Steelers and I really think that Steelers go OL as well. The OL is atrocious and I believe that the organization is content with what they have at ILB and a greater net gain could be made for them elsewhere.

Obviously there are more teams who may need an ILB but I think that they will all look to other positions as more valuable.

Round 4

Having said that, if we don't get an ILB in round one, I would really like to target Taze in round 4.

I know we talked earlier about a RB, and maybe it's just me, but I just can't justify taking a RB when there are other positions of need. I myself prefer the UDFA route when it comes to back up RBs

Meanwhile, in the 4th, Taze's value will far exceed the risk. In fact, I think getting drafted so late could be the best thing for Taze.

1. Getting drafted so late will show him that his actions (on and off the field) truly do affect him in a negative way.

2. Not having the first round hype may not make him such a target for the refs.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 03-30-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I'd forgive Ozzie and Harbaugh for this terrible offseason if they somehow landed us Kuechly. That would be amazing.
Quote:
Old 04-01-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

What's been terrible about this off-season? What has happened (or not happened) has been pretty expected imo given the cap room we have and the fact that they don't restructure large contracts
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm beginning to think there is a strong possibility we end up getting Courtney Upshaw in the first.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be a nice addition. Upshaw would fit in the defense we've seen the Ravens use the past few seasons or a system that uses more 2-gap responsibilities if Pees decides to go in that direction. Right now there isn't really one player I'm hoping for in the first round, which is weird. I just don't like this draft that much.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm beginning to think there is a strong possibility we end up getting Courtney Upshaw in the first.
He's in a little bit of a freefall right now. I'm hoping his workout numbers are some sort of anomaly. Go back and watch the championship game. He was forcing the pitch and tracking the option back down for no gain. That's good enough speed for me. He'd be an ideal replacement for JJ. Upshaw is the best at setting the edge in the draft.

Another guy who I'd be interested in is the safety from ND, Harrison Smith. He's a big, instinctive free safety who was a top recruit out of high school. He's smart, fast, and a sure tackler. He's weak covering slot guys but what safety isn't. I think he'd be good value at the end of round one.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'd love it. So much more then someone like Mercilus. Suggs - Ray - McClain - Upshaw is a great LB corps.

As for Harrison Smith, I'd hate the value at the end of Round 1. I'll take Martin from OSU in the second or Brandon Taylor out of LSU in the third or fourth instead of Smith in the first every day of the week.
Quote:
Old 04-04-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Wouldn't mind Upshaw. The tape on him is great, little bit concerned about arm length but he wouldn't need to be the #1 pass rusher on our team and could play more of a role similar to JJ's.

I would still like to target Taze in round 4 or maybe even trading our 3rd back into the middle of round 4 to get him.

I would love a back four that consisted of Sizzle - Ray - Taze - Upshaw

This draft will be interesting, I really have no idea what way we will go.

We could retune the D or solidify the OL. I think I would be happy either way.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-04-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
He's in a little bit of a freefall right now. I'm hoping his workout numbers are some sort of anomaly. Go back and watch the championship game. He was forcing the pitch and tracking the option back down for no gain. That's good enough speed for me. He'd be an ideal replacement for JJ. Upshaw is the best at setting the edge in the draft.

Another guy who I'd be interested in is the safety from ND, Harrison Smith. He's a big, instinctive strong safety who was a top recruit out of high school. He's smart, fast, and a sure tackler. He's weak covering slot guys but what safety isn't. I think he'd be good value at the end of round one.
FIFY. I wouldn't want Smith playing FS for us with the amount of field he would have to cover. I'm assuming the team keeps Pollard around as the SS for the foreseeable future and a tandem of Smith and Pollard just wouldn't be good in my opinion.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

IMO Harrison Smith can play center field just fine. He and Ed Reed actually had the exact same 40 time coming out. He's great at breaking up the deep ball, both because he covers a lot of ground due to his speed/stride and because he's good at reading the quarterback.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I don't think that GMs will feel the same way about Mike Adams as some draftniks do, but if they do, I am all for taking him as our 1st rounder regardless of who else is on the board.

Maybe I'm biased but I don't see how we can pass on him.

In that case I might be all for taking an OG and OC in the proceeding two rounds. Or at the very least, taking an OG in round two.

I could be getting ahead of myself but I think that it may be possible to take home Mike Adams AND Silatolu in the first two rounds.

The draft might then look something like:

1. Adams
2. Silatolu
3. Crick
4. Brewster
5a. Taze
5b. Dwight Jones WR UNC
6. Dan Herron RB Ohio State
7. Darrius Flemming OLB ND

I know it's a bit buckeye heavy (forgive me :P) but Herron could really be replaced with any late round running back.

Flemming is viewed mainly as a 4-3 SLB but I think he would be a great fit at OLB in our system. Isn't much of a pass rusher but would add immediately to ST coverage. good athleticism but not much in terms of speed, can cover short areas in coverage. I really think he could have been more productive in a solid program and could be coached up into an eventual starter.

OR

If GMs are high on Adams and he doesn't make it to us I could see us focusing on the defensive side of the ball in this way:

1. Upshaw
2. Harrison Smith
3. Crick
4. Senio Kelemete OL Washington (play at guard)
5a. Taze (still want to target him here)
5b. David Molk C
6. Herron (again, any late round RB here)
7. Cliff Harris CB Orgeon

Restocking this defense wouldn't be a terrible idea and a LB corps of:
Sizzle-Ray-Taze-Upshaw would be awesome.

Smith provides a future at safety and wouldn't have to start right away.

Kelemete has experience at multiple spots on the OL but would provide a decent replacement for Grubbs.

Harris has some serious off the field issues but might be worth taking in round seven. Provides immediate returns in the return game (pun?) and some depth at CB

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-05-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Molk? How dare you. We should not be promoting one of our mutual enemies. ;)
Old 04-05-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Molk? How dare you. We should not be promoting one of our mutual enemies. ;)
Lol I felt dirty I also didn't mention what school he is from :P

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote: