Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-22-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's draft week. For the first time in four years I won't have to cram studying for finals with watching the draft. So excited. Who are your ideal first round Ravens picks at this point? At the moment mine are Cordy Glenn, Courtney Upshaw, Kendall Wright, or Stephen Hill.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:42 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
It's draft week. For the first time in four years I won't have to cram studying for finals with watching the draft. So excited. Who are your ideal first round Ravens picks at this point? At the moment mine are Cordy Glenn, Courtney Upshaw, Kendall Wright, or Stephen Hill.
My ideals (though not likely to happen) are still Mike Adams, Zach Brown, Cordy Glenn and Dre Kirkpatrick

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont'a Hightower, Courtney Upshaw, Cordy Glenn
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll ad Kendricks to my list, if Ozzie views him as a first rounder, I would be fine with it.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather take Kendricks in the first round than Hightower.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big fan of Kendricks. I think his height is being way overblown, but I don't see Ozzie pulling the trigger on him unless we trade down into the top-middle range in the 2nd. I think he's best suited for a scheme where he's the primary tackler and doesn't have to play off blocks, but if he comes to a 34 where there's another guy inside like Ed Hartwell or Bart Scott to be a battering ram I could see Kendricks thriving.

If we drafted him, I do think he would play well with McClain.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Hightower is the popular pick for us around draft day. I was thinking about it today. Is a 2 down run thumping block gobbler really worth a 1st round pick? I like Hightower as a player but I wonder if his position is really worth it.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I know Hightower is the popular pick for us around draft day. I was thinking about it today. Is a 2 down run thumping block gobbler really worth a 1st round pick? I like Hightower as a player but I wonder if his position is really worth it.
It really just depends on how good he is at stopping the run. It's hard to value ability vs the run and pass for the ILB position in a 34. For a 34 nose, if they can stop the run and occupy blockers, they are always worth a high draft pick despite only being two down players. Just look at Casey Hampton. A guy like Curtis Lofton is mostly a run stopper but he just got a $30+ million deal, so I think the league still values having that guy in the middle to make teams 1 dimensional and go to the air so they can let their pass rushers loose. Keep in mind, we are a late first rounder so it's not quite the premium of an earlier pick and it's still best to follow that BPA strategy. If he is the 29th or better rated player on the board, he is worth the pick.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I would rather take Kendricks in the first round than Hightower.
Ozzie prefers Hightower, the Crimson Tide connection ya know....

Everybody thinks the Ravens will be in the SB this yr & I'm on that train too, get that ring so Lewis can finally retire. Pls. don't disappoint us again, B-More.

Signed,

A Dallas & 9ers fan who's a sorta-kinda B-More fan b/c I was named for someone from there

Last edited by jojo : 04-24-2012 at 07:32 PM.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think we will be in the super bowl this year :( :( :(
Old 04-24-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can one be a Dallas and San Fran fan? That seems impossible!

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Chad Reuter of nfl.com came out with a 7 rounder today. Here are the Ravens' picks.

1 (29) Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
2 (60) Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska
3 (91) Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami
4 (130) Jake Bequette, OLB, Arkansas
5 (164) Ronnie Hillman, RB, San Diego State
5 (169) Matt McCants, OT, UAB
6 (198) Jordan Jefferson, QB, LSU
7 (236) Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State
Old 04-24-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan Jefferson WTF?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

That wouldn't be a terrible draft. Just kind of meh overall, nothing to get excited about. Jefferson is definitely a wasted pick though.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Which do you prefer? or do you hate them both...

1) Peter Konz, C/G, Wisconsin
2) AJ Jenkins, WR, Illinois
3) George Iloka, S, Boise St.
4) Josh Chapman, NT, Bama
5) Brandon Washington, OG, Miami
5) Audie Cole, LB, N.C. State
6) Cyrus Gray, RB/RS, Texas A&M
7) Neiko Thorpe, S, Auburn

1) Reuben Randle, WR, LSU
2) Bobby Wagner, ILB, Utah St.
3) Phillip Blake, C/OG, Baylor
4) Chris Polk, RB, Washington
5) Sean Richardson, S, Vanderbilt
5) Louis Nzegwu, OLB, Wisconsin
6) Nicholas Jean-Baptiste, NT, Baylor
7) Donte Paige-Moss, OLB, UNC
Old 04-25-2012, 02:15 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'd go with the first one. Chapman and Washington would both be great values there.

Stephen Hill is my clear cut #1 WR in this draft however I was always a tad apprehensive about the idea given that we already have Torrey Smith in the same role. I no longer feel that way and I'm not sure there's a player I would want more than Hill. The reality is Flacco will never be a particularly accurate and efficient mid range passer but the strength of his game is his arm and vertical passing, so why not play to that. Not to mention Stephen Hill would be a '**** you' to Polamalu because they couldn't get away with running single high and letting Troy roam underneath with Hill and Torrey challenging vertically on the outside.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I would take the first one too. It hits a lot of needs and I like the values for just about every pick. I'm not sure Chapman is necessary though. I'm not a fan of the second mock because I'm not a fan of Randle becoming a Raven. He's not the type of WR they should be looking for in my opinion. Just doesn't seem like he would do well in Cameron's system.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 04-25-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
How can one be a Dallas and San Fran fan? That seems impossible!
It helps if you follow one & live in the other for the NFL local sports media saturation carpet bombing.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the 1st round...

Picks I'd be very happy with
Stephen Hill
Mike Adams
Shea McClellin
Kendall Wright
Courtney Upshaw
Riley Reiff
Mychal Kendricks
Lavonte David
Chandler Jones

Picks I'd be alright with
Peter Konz (I like the player but the medical just worries me a bit)
Dont'a Hightower
Rueben Randle
Nick Perry
Alshon Jeffery
Trade back

Picks I don't really want but wouldn't be too mad about
A left guard
Cordy Glenn
Bobby Massie
Whitney Mercilus
Dre Kirkpatrick
Bobby Wagner

Picks I DO NOT WANT
Jonathan Martin
Harrison Smith
Zach Brown
A D-Lineman
A CB who can't play safety

I think that just about covers every possibility.

Last edited by TACKLE : 04-26-2012 at 12:59 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

The only guys I would be really upset with in the first round are Hightower, Harrison Smith, Jonathon Martin, Kirkpatrick, and Jenkins. There are a few guys that I don't think fit particularly well in our schemes but as overall players I like them.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

How about Chandler Jones if he slips to us? He gives us versatility that we love and our attitude.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Chandler Jones would do well in replacing JJ if Kruger doesn't pan out as a full time player. Or he could grow into a 5 technique hybrid Calais Campbell kind of player.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I don't think Jones would do well in space. His best fit in a 3-4 is at the 5-technique in my opinion and he has quite a bit of bulking up to do before he can start there.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yeah that what is attracting me to him. We can go Suggs, Kruger, McPhee,Jones on passing downs. A rotation of Chandler/Arthur/McPhee/Cody/Ngata is good to keep everyone fresh during games. you can never have enough dlineman thats where the D starts.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Another random thought is I really hope we get Kendricks from CAL. I would love to trade up in the 2nd to get him. I also expect us to get a return man/slot WR in the draft. Pretty much the guy we expected David Reed to be.