Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-26-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens are going to have a chance at Glenn, Hill, or Upshaw. I'm happy now.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
The Ravens are going to have a chance at Glenn, Hill, or Upshaw. I'm happy now.
Don't forget Lavonte David and Zach Brown. Both were also brought in for visits

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea good move by Ozzie after we couldnt have gotten Decastro. IDK if we eeven woulda been able to trade up for him. Cause if the Lions really wanted Rieef he wouldnt have been at 29 so it was best for them to stay put
Old 04-26-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on Hill... Just have to stick around for two more picks.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know its hard to accept it as fans but with Upshaw, Hill, Glenn, Konz, etc. all still available a trade down was the best option. Awesome move by Ozzie.

also, absolutely hate that Pitt. got DeCastro.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
Don't forget Lavonte David and Zach Brown. Both were also brought in for visits
Either one of those guys over the three I listed would make me sick. Martin would be the worst though.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little anti-climactic but trading out looks smart right now. We picked up a high 4th and all of our targets are still on the board.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:03 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Either one of those guys over the three I listed would make me sick. Martin would be the worst though.
I am actually still not all that sold on Hill TBH.

Upshaw wouldn't be terrible but I still am of the opinion that we should see what we have in Kruger/Kindle before moving on.

Glenn would be my ideal of the ones you listed, probably even over the two I listed.

As it stands my wish list would be:

1.Mike Adams
2. Cordy Glenn
3. Amini Silatolu
4. Lavonte David
5. Kendricks
6. Zach Brown

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 04-27-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldnt David die in a 34 though???
Old 04-27-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I don't think so. He would play a similar role that guys like Navorro Bowman and Daryl Washington do. Sean Lee isn't much bigger either and he was pretty good for Dallas last season.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am actually still not all that sold on Hill TBH.

Upshaw wouldn't be terrible but I still am of the opinion that we should see what we have in Kruger/Kindle before moving on.

Glenn would be my ideal of the ones you listed, probably even over the two I listed.

As it stands my wish list would be:

1.Mike Adams
2. Cordy Glenn
3. Amini Silatolu
4. Lavonte David
5. Kendricks
6. Zach Brown
Kendricks > David, especially for our system. That said, if we don't come out of this next pick with either Cordy Glenn, Courtney Upshaw or Stephen Hill I'll be heavily disappointed. We could nab one of those and hopefully still get Kendricks at the bottom of the second. I think not moving up for DeCastro was a mistake, especially if the opportunity had presented itself, but Cordy/Kendricks would be a damn good second round IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Kendricks is perfect for us. If we get him It will take the painful taste out of my mouth of the steelers nabbing Decastro.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Kendricks > David, especially for our system. That said, if we don't come out of this next pick with either Cordy Glenn, Courtney Upshaw or Stephen Hill I'll be heavily disappointed. We could nab one of those and hopefully still get Kendricks at the bottom of the second. I think not moving up for DeCastro was a mistake, especially if the opportunity had presented itself, but Cordy/Kendricks would be a damn good second round IMO.
David has better instincts, coverage ability

Kendricks probably sheds blocks better and is a harder hitter.

Overall David is the better player though and I give him the edge, I still wouldn't mind Kendricks, I just would prefer David.

I like the idea of grabbing Glenn and taking Kendricks later, but the same startegy could be employed by taking David and then grabbing one of the many OGs later in round two.

The difference being that if we pass on David and take Glenn and someone takes Kendricks ahead of us, we miss out completely on an ILB talent (maybe Wagner in the third). Meanwhile, if we take David, we get our ILB prospect and there are numerous other OG talents in this draft.

To be completely honest I would just really like to see Ozzie grab Mike Adams in round two somewhere, with either pick. If he is being looked at as a third rounder by teams then use the 2nd one, if he's a mid 2nd to most teams I would be perfectly happy taking him with our first 2nd rounder.

2a. Lavonte David
2b. Mike Adams
3. Brandon Brooks or Senio Kelemete (whoever is still available)

OR

2a. Mike Adams
2b. Mychal Kendricks
3. Brandon Brooks or Senio Kelemete

Either of those would be ideal

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
David has better instincts, coverage ability

Kendricks probably sheds blocks better and is a harder hitter.

Overall David is the better player though and I give him the edge, I still wouldn't mind Kendricks, I just would prefer David.

I like the idea of grabbing Glenn and taking Kendricks later, but the same startegy could be employed by taking David and then grabbing one of the many OGs later in round two.

The difference being that if we pass on David and take Glenn and someone takes Kendricks ahead of us, we miss out completely on an ILB talent (maybe Wagner in the third). Meanwhile, if we take David, we get our ILB prospect and there are numerous other OG talents in this draft.

To be completely honest I would just really like to see Ozzie grab Mike Adams in round two somewhere, with either pick. If he is being looked at as a third rounder by teams then use the 2nd one, if he's a mid 2nd to most teams I would be perfectly happy taking him with our first 2nd rounder.

2a. Lavonte David
2b. Mike Adams
3. Brandon Brooks or Senio Kelemete (whoever is still available)

OR

2a. Mike Adams
2b. Mychal Kendricks
3. Brandon Brooks or Senio Kelemete

Either of those would be ideal
I counter your OSU homerism with my MSU homerism. Let's go Worthy!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I counter your OSU homerism with my MSU homerism. Let's go Worthy!
Lol, I would be equally happy with Glenn actually. I think both are pretty equal in terms of overall value of OL regardless of position. The difference being that starting caliber OGs will be available later.

I'm actually debating this in the value of LTs thread in the 2012 draft forums.

I think you take the best overall OL regardless of position one of the strongest counter arguments being that OGs are usually available later.

Ugh my head hurts

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love both Kendricks and David. Kendricks has more of an explosive and dynamic element to his game but Lavonte's instincts are as good as you'll find from any LB, anywhere, and he could be every bit as good as Navarro Bowman.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I love both Kendricks and David. Kendricks has more of an explosive and dynamic element to his game but Lavonte's instincts are as good as you'll find from any LB, anywhere, and he could be every bit as good as Navarro Bowman.
Personally I think David is quite a bit better than Bowman was when he came out. I wasn't very high on him though.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Hill is wearing a black suit with a purple shirt and a purple tie. Nothing else needs to be said!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

UPSIZZZZZLE!!!! caps
Old 04-27-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I'll take it.

I think we should have given Kruger/Kindle a shot at taking over the starting job before we moved on but I've always loved the way Ozzie adds overall talent to the team (Even if it is the third 2nd round OLB we have drafted in 4 years).

He certainly presents a clear starter at the position and I would like the possibility of moving Kindle inside

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice pick with Upshaw.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
UPSIZZZZZLE!!!! caps
Agreed, welcome to the Ravens young man. You have some big shoes to fill, but I'm confident you will do well.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love it. Upshaw is one of my ideal targets for the Ravens. Just a perfect fit for our team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I will admit that while I like Kruger and would like to see what Kindle can do. We shouldn't miss a beat after losing JJ and adding Upshaw.

Kruger will still be valuable as a situational pass rusher and Kindle might be able to move inside

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Well there goes my mancrush. Don't think Sanchez is going to be able to use Hill very well.