Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-27-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt be at all shocked if Kruger saw some time inside as well this season. Ravens could definitely use him as a strong interior blitzer.

Sorry to see Silatolu, Glenn, Hill and Kendricks go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kruger doesn't seem like a guy that would do well blitzing from the inside. I don't think he's very effective after a lineman gets his hands on him and I don't think he's particularly quick either. I'm not high on Kruger overall though, one of the reasons I like the Upshaw pick a lot.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

8 picks until Baltimore with Konz, Adams, Randle and David all on the board. I'm excited. Also, I wouldn't be upset if we ended up with Devon Still or Lamar Miller either. In fact, those would both be awesome as well.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like this board for the Ravens. I'm hoping for David.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I would have preferred Reuben Randle based purely on value, but I'm really not all that upset about Osemele. He's a hell of a talent at a position of need, and I'm curious to see where he ends up and where Jah Reid ends up. I tend to think Osemele ends up at LG, but we'll see.
Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I'm not that comfortable with the pick. He doesn't seem to be a great fit in the Ravens system and the questions about his intangibles worry me. I hope the coaching staff is able to work out his foot-work problems. I see him at LG too, to me there's no real possibility of him playing RT with Oher on the team.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Some guys Id like in the third include Joe Adams, Mohammed Sanu, Brandon Taylor, Brandon Thompson and Lamar Miller.
Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I'm not that comfortable with the pick. He doesn't seem to be a great fit in the Ravens system and the questions about his intangibles worry me. I hope the coaching staff is able to work out his foot-work problems. I see him at LG too, to me there's no real possibility of him playing RT with Oher on the team.
Yea I imagine he plays LG and I would like to actually see what Jah can do at LT

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll wait to see what they say in the presser but if I had to guess, Jah still wins out at LG and they let KO develop for a year to play an OT. Just my guess.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Pierce as a prospect, probably my favorite RB prospect if we were to take one.... Still have to say I don't like the pick.

I can't get behind taking a RB in the top 100 picks that won't be at least intended to be your #1 guy.

Especially since Massie is still on the board

This is the only pick I really couldn't get behind I imagine the rest of the draft will be fine.

P.S. kind of still hoping that we pick up Taze at some point tomorrow

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I wasn't in favor of taking a RB this high but I really didn't like the board either. Massie and Iloka were about the only other players that I wanted, and Massie would be a risky pick since he would probably be taken as a LT. Miller is a better RB but it sounds like there are some major durability concerns with him.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I dunno, Crick is still on the board, and you could even take Ta'amu and play him at DE

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-27-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Crick is another guy I wouldn't mind. With Upshaw at OLB we can afford to have a one-gap DE starting. It's hard to tell how highly the Ravens view Jones and McPhee though. I'm hoping for a WR with this next pick. Not sure who, but it's the next biggest position that needs to be addressed in my opinion. Any opinions on Streeter?
Old 04-27-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burns me to say this, but you guys are having a great draft.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Burns me to say this, but you guys are having a great draft.
I like DeCastro and Adams a lot for the Steelers. About time they started trying to counter Suggs. ;) Not sure about Spence though. Doesn't seem like the kind of ILB you want to play next to Timmons.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like DeCastro and Adams a lot for the Steelers. About time they started trying to counter Suggs. ;) Not sure about Spence though. Doesn't seem like the kind of ILB you want to play next to Timmons.
Yeah I'm meh on Spence. I wanted Lamar very badly. I was actually scared you guys were going to take him.

Anyways, LB coach Butler said that he'll play behind Timmons and play STs right now. Could he move over? Sure, but he's going to have to get bigger.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been watching a lot of highlights on Upshaw and I really really like the way this guy tackles.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Yeah I'm meh on Spence. I wanted Lamar very badly. I was actually scared you guys were going to take him.

Anyways, LB coach Butler said that he'll play behind Timmons and play STs right now. Could he move over? Sure, but he's going to have to get bigger.
That makes sense. IIRC the Steelers are big on drafting LBers to improve their special teams. The 3rd round kind of went to **** for everybody I think. At some points it was like a time-warp to the 7th round.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
That makes sense. IIRC the Steelers are big on drafting LBers to improve their special teams. The 3rd round kind of went to **** for everybody I think. At some points it was like a time-warp to the 7th round.
Yeah, they are, but I felt as if they could have gotten someone who fits their scheme a lot better. Now I like Spence quite a bit, but in no way do I think he fits our defense.

But ya, the third round was weird. A lot of players who I thought could be had later went high.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Upshaw pick. If there was a HOF for role players JJ would be a first ballot. But Upshaw should be able to fufill his role and it wont be too much of a drop off, plus give us more pass rush potential. I like the Osemele pick also, should give Reid/whoever a competition for LG. Dont get the Pierce pick at all. Maybe we see KR potential in him.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:17 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although I wasn't really on board with KO up to the draft and initially when I picked him (I liked the player, it was because of the role) I have a much better handle on the pick now I think. Jah and KO will both compete for the LG spot. Whoever wins becomes the starter there and whoever loses becomes our swing tackle and develops for a year at presumably RT. When McKinnie is gone, Oher will kick back to LT (bleh, I know) and Jah/KO will take over at RT. That's how I see it working out anyway.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:25 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

So which neck-bearded prospect will be selecting with the 3rd pick in the 4th round?

(how f'ing awesome is it that we got a 4th this early and still got Upshaw)

Off the top of my head, these are all guys I'd really like to land. I'm sure there are a few more I'm not thinking of.

Chris Givens
Marvin Jones
Jared Crick
Jaye Howard
Billy Winn
Joe Adams
Greg Childs
George Iloka
Ben Jones
Old 04-28-2012, 05:36 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we took either Crick or Iloka I would be happy. Of the two the one I really really really want would be Iloka.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I will even add Ta'amu to the list, I know that we have a solid NT in Cody (whom I love dearly) but don't discount Ozzie taking the BPA.

A little competition never hurt at NT and whoever loses out could always just one gap at LE.

Other than that:

Iloka
Crick
Givens
Brewster/Blake/Jones (in that order :P)

would be my main targets in no particular order (other than center :P)

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah I really want to see us take a Center - Jones, Brewster, Blake, or Molk. IDC who, whoever our organization likes the most. Just as long as we take 1. We need as much o-line depth as we can get. Its going to be our weakness this year.

I also want to see us add a return specialist. Our return game was pathetic last year.

finally, what's everyone's thoughts on our 3rd round pick Bernard Pierce ?