Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 11-29-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
That's not an issue for me :D. I think it's easy to see that we're not using Boldin the way he was used in Arizona. Even if we did get a new OC that knows how to use Boldin it wouldn't affect my preference of taking Jeffery or not. Like I said it's not about replacing Boldin it's about upgrading the receiving corp.
Agreed there.

It goes without saying, but I don't think there would a point in drafting a WR as long Cam Cameron is the OC.

Jeffery's fatness does scare me though. I would snatch Floyd in a second if dropped though.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
Agreed there.

It goes without saying, but I don't think there would a point in drafting a WR as long Cam Cameron is the OC.

Jeffery's fatness does scare me though. I would snatch Floyd in a second if dropped though.
His weight scares me but then again so did Cody's and look how he has turned out. This team just has a tendency to get the most out of guys despite any issues they might have coming out of college.

I wouldn't want him if there were better options out there, I just wouldn't mind if there weren't any top ILB or Tackles left on the board. Just as I wouldn't mind any # of other guys if we went BPA.

I just commented on a mock that gave us Crick with all the top OT and ILB off the board... If this was the case, and we were going to get a DL. I really like an idea Tack had awhile ago in drafting Poe to play a Ngata like role and eventually take over for him down the road if we ever lost him to retirement or FA (I know he just signed a contract extension but still)

Imagine a line with Ngata Cody and Poe with McPhee mixed in randomly :P

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
Agreed there.

Yeah that's definitely not something you want to see in a WR prospect. I wouldn't compare it to Cody's situation either, it's quite a bit different in my opinion.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah that's definitely not something you want to see in a WR prospect. I wouldn't compare it to Cody's situation either, it's quite a bit different in my opinion.
Yes admittedly, out of shape receiver is much different than out of shape DL. I was just referring to the fact that we truly get the most out of some of these guys with concerns coming into the draft

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-03-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm watching Baylor played right now and I really think he should look at Terrance Ganaway in the middle rounds. He's a big downhill back and a deceptively good athlete. He reminds a bit of Michael Bush.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For anyone watching the B1G 10 Championship, keep an eye out for Wisconsin RG Kevin Zeitler. He's one of the better interior lineman in college football and would be a guy I'd love to take in the 2nd round.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we want a return man I want Keshawn Martin from Michigan State. It might be slightly homer of me but I've watched him for 4 years and he got a lot of explosiveness. The best part is he knows what to do with it. I would compare him to Antonio Brown, another guy I got to watch quite a bit of when he was at Central Michigan. Martin is useful on offense as well, he's a good slot option in my opinion.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I had to work 10 to 10 today... so pissed that I missed essentially all of the conference championship games

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-05-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Just commented on a mock that has us taking Zevrie Sanders in the late first round. I wouldn't mind it since he had pretty much all of the guys we've discussed gone before our pick (or not coming out) with the exception of Hightower. Thoughts?
Old 12-05-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

I'm not a big Zebrie Sanders fan anyway. To be honest, I'd rather have Oher starting at LT.

If we were to reach on an O-Lineman, if he can play center, I'd rather it be on Kevin Zietler from Wisconsin. I went back and watched him on every play vs. MSU and I think he might be the best run blocking guard in this draft. He consistently gets push even against the conferences best DT's. It wouldn't surprise me if he was the Logan Mankins/Eric Wood/Danny Watkins of this draft as in an interior O-Lineman who makes a late push and surprisingly sneaks into the end of round 1.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm not a big Zebrie Sanders fan anyway. To be honest, I'd rather have Oher starting at LT.

If we were to reach on an O-Lineman, if he can play center, I'd rather it be on Kevin Zietler from Wisconsin. I went back and watched him on every play vs. MSU and I think he might be the best run blocking guard in this draft. He consistently gets push even against the conferences best DT's. It wouldn't surprise me if he was the Logan Mankins/Eric Wood/Danny Watkins of this draft as in an interior O-Lineman who makes a late push and surprisingly sneaks into the end of round 1.
Zeitler is an absolute animal. I'd absolutely love him as a Raven, although I wouldn't want him at the end of Round 1. Round 2, for sure...The guy is a monster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

If Zebrie Sanders is the best LT or ILB left at the end of the first round, I hope that we either trade down or just pick BPA
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

I would love to get this guy in the 3rd round.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

I don't know his measurables but he reminds me of how Rice ran at Rutgers,maybe a little faster

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 12-09-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Lately, I'm really warming up to the idea of adding as many weapons to the offense - ie. drafting a WR in the first three rounds. I'd rather it be a big physical outside presence like Alshon or a dirty little weapon in the slot like a Joe Adams rather than just an all-around solid guy. Getting some interior depth on the O-Line is priority #1 offensively but getting as many playmakers as we can and making the offense as 'Flacco-friendly' as possible doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Looks like Te'o is staying at Notre Dame. Not completely surprising but he was one of my favorite targets for us in this draft. :(
Old 12-11-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tackle I tihnk we have a lot of young guys at WR. So I would only add like 1 or 2 more. Not too many. I want us to add on Oline and get a playmaker. I really hope we can get a defensive beast "that plays like a raven" to keep the sick D going. But with the way the NFL is going we have to look at Offense.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Looks like Te'o is staying at Notre Dame. Not completely surprising but he was one of my favorite targets for us in this draft. :(
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-senior-season

Yes this makes it seemingly more difficult to envision a scenario where a top guy falls to us :(

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

damn. 101010
Old 12-12-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

So where do we go from here boys? I doubt at this point that we see a top ILB fall to us.

BPA is an obvious choice but with guys like Mike Adams now being projected to be available late in the round/early round two.

I would really like to take him if he is available... his main issues are his knee bending but the guy still has good feet and is amazingly strong.

Or do we stay with the mold of finding an ILB? Upshaw could move inside and Hightower would still be available... not to high on Hightower and I think that Upshaw playing at ILB would just be playing him at the wrong position for him at the pro level

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-12-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that we have to go straight BPA now. I thought that one of those ILB would be available and would be a nice balance of BPA and fit but without Teo I don't think that its gonna happen now. My new dream is that if we let Grubbs go then we find a way to get DeCastro. I just watch him every week and I would love to get that guy on our line.

Truthfully, were just gonna either sit tight and grab a talent that slides, or trade back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

What is everybody's realistic (assuming we're drafting in the 29-32 range) 1st round big board at this point?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

1.Mike Adams: I think that he is worth a high first round pick, but if he is really faring as far as some have him... I say all the better for us.

2. Konz: If he declares, could be BPA if he's still around

3. Janoris Jenkins: if teams aren't sold on him and he falls

4. Courtney Upshaw: I know we don't need a pass rusher but could be BPA and would most likely present an upgrade especially if JJ leaves.

5. Alshon: Meh, wouldn't be upset.

Ill also say in the odd chance that Burfict falls... obviously him

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-15-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

The Kendall Wright thread in the main draft forum has me intrigued. He's not the kind of receiver I think we should be targeting, but a team can never have enough speed. Possible pick for the Ravens? Of course things would have to fall so that we aren't in a position to get a ILB or OL (our only two pressing needs in my opinion, OL especially) but that could be a very real possibility.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
What is everybody's realistic (assuming we're drafting in the 29-32 range) 1st round big board at this point?
1) Burfict
2) Konz
3) Adams
4) Alshon
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote