Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Which team has the best chance at survivng their second scenario?
Team Gun Slingers 8 33.33%
Team Zed Face 5 20.83%
Team TITs 11 45.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Zed face killas raiding the cafeteria twice is ******* brilliant!
This is our 2nd mission and it was explained that there was no electrical power. How much unspoiled food are they going to find in the cafeteria?

Edit: My post count is a palindrome :)

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
This is our 2nd mission and it was explained that there was no electrical power. How much unspoiled food are they going to find in the cafeteria?
A ******* ********!

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all know hospital food could survive a nuclear blast...
Old 10-29-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
We all know hospital food could survive a nuclear blast...
Haha, I was about so day that it was probably still good anyway.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok I know I'm a little late to the party but here are my problems with team Gun Slinger's plan.

1. If you are going to use a specific location for its geographical advantages you must be prepared to face complications with your venue.

a. Your selected hospital is located between three different zombie hot spots. Two cemeteries circled in picture and a walmart which either contains zombies or survivors whom won't take kindly to you attempting to steal their supplies.

b. Your airport rally point is much further than you quoted. You said about half a click (that's 500 m) but as proof by the picture you are looking at more like a two km track to the hospital and from the hospital. On the way back you will be carrying an 40 lb pack plus heavy duty weapons AR15s and sniper rifles are not light plus you will likely need to add the weight of a couple of clips of ammo to the weight.

c. You are spending the night in the hospital your mode of transportation is quite a ways away you may be stuck in a situation where you will have to abandon your mode of transport or blast your way through a zombie hoard.

2. The 30 m separation: The only real problem I have with this is what happens if zombies gets in the middle of you? Then you have half your squad is going to be separated and can you really shoot the zombies with your high power AR15 and sniper rifles without the bullets going through the zombies and potentially killing a team mate?

3. Your weapon selection: You are going to roll into a closed quarters situation with AR-15s and sniper rifles. Not exactly the best weapons to go close quarters with.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Last edited by Brothgar : 10-29-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:03 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...You seriously Google mapped that ****, Broth?

I am dying laughing right now.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broth takes his Zombies seriously. I must bring him back some hospital Jell-O and a ton of Vicodin.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK here is my problems with team TITS plan

1. This is the biggest one. You are going to spend a night in a hospital and you aren't going to clear the second and third floors of zombies?!?! I understand if at all possible you should avoid zombie contact but do you think that they will just chill where they are? They won't venture down the stairway? Instead of killing several small groups of zombies you are going to wait until they find you in a much larger group also a situation where you are going to be very very tired. Lets face it here gentlemen you are wearing 40 lb shark suits climbing up and down a stairway taking supplies from the basement after clearing those two floors in the first place.

2. Very shabby security in your room. A wedged crowbar and/or a door lock?
That is suppose to keep the legions of the undead that you left alive at bey. How do you plan to prevent them from smelling you? Those shark suits will produce a substantial greater sweat volume.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-29-2011, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
...You seriously Google mapped that ****, Broth?

I am dying laughing right now.
Zombie Apocalypse is serious business :D

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-29-2011, 06:48 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Ok I know I'm a little late to the party but here are my problems with team Gun Slinger's plan.

1. If you are going to use a specific location for its geographical advantages you must be prepared to face complications with your venue.

a. Your selected hospital is located between three different zombie hot spots. Two cemeteries circled in picture and a walmart which either contains zombies or survivors whom won't take kindly to you attempting to steal their supplies.

Every where you would set this would have hotspots. You should vote for my team for taking this serious enough to Google check this the same way you did.

b. Your airport rally point is much further than you quoted. You said about half a click (that's 500 m) but as proof by the picture you are looking at more like a two km track to the hospital and from the hospital. On the way back you will be carrying an 40 lb pack plus heavy duty weapons AR15s and sniper rifles are not light plus you will likely need to add the weight of a couple of clips of ammo to the weight.

My bad, it was the Walmart that was about 500 meters away. It is a raid during a Zombie Apocolypse, not a trip to Disneyland. At some point, yes, you will have to sack up.

c. You are spending the night in the hospital your mode of transportation is quite a ways away you may be stuck in a situation where you will have to abandon your mode of transport or blast your way through a zombie hoard.

The scenario called for stealth. At least I'm not driving my vehicle around the hospital announcing my arrival.

2. The 30 m separation: The only real problem I have with this is what happens if zombies gets in the middle of you? Then you have half your squad is going to be separated and can you really shoot the zombies with your high power AR15 and sniper rifles without the bullets going through the zombies and potentially killing a team mate?

Being the only person posting here now who has done live fire ambush training - I can tell you that at 30m and the terrain we are moving through (as evidenced by the map recon) we will have time to close together, drop our packs, high-tail it out of there if we need to.

3. Your weapon selection: You are going to roll into a closed quarters situation with AR-15s and sniper rifles. Not exactly the best weapons to go close quarters with.

Every group has two weapons, all close quarter and long range one. I'll be more detailed about our close quarter weapons next time.

My responses in bold.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:02 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
OK here is my problems with team TITS plan

1. This is the biggest one. You are going to spend a night in a hospital and you aren't going to clear the second and third floors of zombies?!?! I understand if at all possible you should avoid zombie contact but do you think that they will just chill where they are?
Honestly? Yeah, kinda. I mean, I figured the ones up there are either the inactive ones who are dead people who haven't become animated yet. I'm not sure how a zombie that didn't originate there ended up on the 3rd or 2nd floor of a big hospital, and if the ones up there were zombified there and have been chilling there for months, why come down now? We're not going to make enough racket to alert the floor above us unless we shoot, and if we do, they'll make their presence known before we even take shelter for the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth
They won't venture down the stairway? Instead of killing several small groups of zombies you are going to wait until they find you in a much larger group also a situation where you are going to be very very tired.
We'll be very tired by the time we go clearing the floors of zombies too. Even more so since if we've been in the room for a while, we'll have had time to rest. And numbers will only factor in to our stamina, not being surrounded due to being outnumbered (a zombie horde's biggest advantage). Closed quarters fighting helps nullify a numbers advantage because only so many zombies can fit down a hallway or through a doorway. And if it's a big group, we'll hear them coming.

Quote:
Lets face it here gentlemen you are wearing 40 lb shark suits climbing up and down a stairway taking supplies from the basement after clearing those two floors in the first place.
We've found out that shark suits aren't always 40 lbs. Mr. Goosmahn posted a link to a suit that weighs just 5 lbs., and if you look at another one on the site, it's only 5 lbs. too. The 40 lbs. ones are only for heavy duty sharks. This is my bad for not doing enough research. Odds are, we're wearing the lighter variety. The Tennessee Aquarium doesn't have a tiger or great white shark in exhibit, I don't think.

Quote:
2. Very shabby security in your room. A wedged crowbar and/or a door lock?
That is suppose to keep the legions of the undead that you left alive at bey. How do you plan to prevent them from smelling you? Those shark suits will produce a substantial greater sweat volume.
Now that the heavy shark suits increasing our sweat has been disproven, I don't think our sweat will be a factor. You have to be a few feet away from a zombie in order for it to smell your sweat, and we'll be farther away than that with a door and walls inbetween us. Plus, we'll be close to our exit on the first floor. (It'll depend on our entrance scenario) We'll be as careful as possible when removing the door off the hinge and/or entering the building, but just by opening the door we'll be introducing a light source that if seen by any zombie, it'll head towards it. So I expect the hallway right as we enter (and eventually hideout) to have a couple dead zombie corpses and guts smashed all over the place due to use throwing around blunt instruments and a katana. The hallways will look like a massacre, and if The Walking Dead taught me anything, I'm pretty sure zombie guts overpower human smell.

But hey, if it becomes a SHTF situation and we've somehow never heard the horde of zombies upstairs the whole time we're in there and they come after us as a single group, only two zombies maximun can fit through a doorway at a time and Doughie has an automatic shotgun and semiautomatic rifle on hand and won't have used a single bullet by then. Plus, we can hide right on the inside wall right next to the door and as they walk in, just swing at the heads as they walk in (Yeah, we're campers. What about it?). Soon enough, there'll be so many zombie bodies that they'll have to crawl in order to get in.

And did I mention we chose a room with a window overlooking our car outside? Worse comes to worst, just smash the window and bail.

But yeah, I do see your point and if I had started this sooner, I probably would have done something to at least seal the 2nd and 3rd floors off. But if somebody did that to Officer Grimes... Oh yes, I went there.

Anyway, headed out of town so if ya'll have any more questions, ask Drew, Doughie, or Rufus!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Every where you would set this would have hotspots. You should vote for my team for taking this serious enough to Google check this the same way you did.

This isn't true. I checked several hospitals that I was familiar with and only a couple were within a mile radius of any zombie hotspot that wasn't another building in a hotel.

My bad, it was the Walmart that was about 500 meters away. It is a raid during a Zombie Apocolypse, not a trip to Disneyland. At some point, yes, you will have to sack up.

There is a difference between sacking up and taking unneeded risk. Parking your main means of escape two kilometers away from your raid point. Your main camp is 60 miles away. You leave your escape plan very vulnerable and would have to abandon your emergency supplies as well as have real problems returning to your main base.

The scenario called for stealth. At least I'm not driving my vehicle around the hospital announcing my arrival.

Stealth is nice but leaving your only mode of transport over a mile away has major problems. Lets forget about the zombies for a moment. You are traveling to an area with, regardless of what map recon you decide to do, has several unknown elements including other survivors they wouldn't hesitate to take your car or syphon your gas. That happens you are not going to get back to your base.
My responses are bold italics and underlined.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-30-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

This isn't true. I checked several hospitals that I was familiar with and only a couple were within a mile radius of any zombie hotspot that wasn't another building in a hotel.

Look at the map broth. If we walk North up the service road that lead us to the country club, we are a kilometer to 2 kilometers from those cemeteries. Given the terrain, the element of surprise being on our side - the problem you bring up is negligible.

There is a difference between sacking up and taking unneeded risk. Parking your main means of escape two kilometers away from your raid point. Your main camp is 60 miles away. You leave your escape plan very vulnerable and would have to abandon your emergency supplies as well as have real problems returning to your main base.

Spoken exactly by someone who has never lead or been involved on a military recon mission where in such actions are done all the time. And who said 60 miles, the op called for an hour travel time.

Stealth is nice but leaving your only mode of transport over a mile away has major problems. Lets forget about the zombies for a moment. You are traveling to an area with, regardless of what map recon you decide to do, has several unknown elements including other survivors they wouldn't hesitate to take your car or syphon your gas. That happens you are not going to get back to your base.

Traveling to get any resource during a zombie apocalypse is a problem. You are being far to critical of the situation when evaluating my write-up and no where near critical enough of others.

Last edited by CJSchneider : 10-30-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Voting closes tonight close race between ZED and GS for elimination.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After reading these and the last ones and taking in account the votes that have been cast...The majority of the board would be dead on the first day of a Zombie Apocalypse.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
After reading these and the last ones and taking in account the votes that have been cast...The majority of the board would be dead on the first day of a Zombie Apocalypse.
Pretty sure you need a hell of a lot of luck to survive the first few days of the zombie apocalypse, especially if you live in a major city.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team Zed face one of your members must die pm me who yall chose to take off the team by tomorrow1

Old 11-03-2011, 07:01 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll just bow out like the last team did. With only two guys left, we're in a tough spot as it is.

Sorry bantx, I'm getting kinda busy and don't even have the time to do the write-ups, and it seems broth is in a position (me too) where he feels doing a write-up is somewhat pointless since this is pretty much a popularity contest (not complaining or anything, I knew what I was getting into) and since we would be down to two survivors either way, I'm going to bow out, so unless Borat wants to do a write up, I'd say ZFK is done.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Silly EATW. Zombies don't care how popular you are.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Hey sorry for the delays but I'll get up the next scenario asap! I have a film to shoot with a deadline so I've been busy.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

<_<
>_>

Did everyone get eaten by zombies.

that damn Shane!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote: