Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
If you are a professional athlete being paid to play football a migraine should not keep you out, that would be like not training because you are hungover or have a badly jarred finger, just not an acceptable excuse, imo.
Wait, are you kidding? Have you ever had a migraine?

You compared a migraine to two completely avoidable scenarios. You can't control migraines, you can only try to temper them.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you are a professional athlete being paid to play football a migraine should not keep you out, that would be like not training because you are hungover or have a badly jarred finger, just not an acceptable excuse, imo.
yeah i guess when any noise or even silence and any bit of sunlight can make you want to die, being in an arena full of cheering fans, looking up to catch a kickoff into the lights and being knocked around by gigantic athletes is DEFINITELY your best bet

dont be ********, migraines are excruciatingly painful.

that being said, anyone else notice how huge percy has gotten since florida, the dude has the upper body of a mini linebacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wait, are you kidding? Have you ever had a migraine?
No but the absolute worst hangovers/headaches I've ever had couldn't stop me playing if I wanted to, I can't see how a migraine could be so exponentially worse than that, and I play for fun not because it is my job. I've never had one but I can't see any way that it could be that bad that you couldn't play if you wanted, it's not debilitating, it doesn't stop body parts working, it might limit you but it shouldn't stop a professional athlete.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No but the absolute worst hangovers/headaches I've ever had couldn't stop me playing if I wanted to, I can't see how a migraine could be so exponentially worse than that, and I play for fun not because it is my job. I've never had one but I can't see any way that it could be that bad that you couldn't play if you wanted, it's not debilitating, it doesn't stop body parts working, it might limit you but it shouldn't stop a professional athlete.
Your an idiot.

I am thankful that I do not have migraines, but my grandmother and a friend of mine who also plays football do.

They have to lock themselves in a pitch black room and try to be in utter silence all day just alleviate the awful pain. I've seen the grimaces on their faces. Playing with migraines is ******* impossible and if Harvin has ever done it before than god damn give that guy a medal or something because that takes some balls, especially when your job is to get hit by a guy twice your size going across the middle.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dude, you can't call someone out for not playing because of an injury you've never had. How does that make sense?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've played with some pretty bad neck sprains in my time. I don't see how people with broken necks can't play. I mean, it is their job.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never understood what made a migraine more than a headache, but I recognize that you wouldn't be able to strap on a helmet and play when you have a headache on steroids.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:59 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have got to be ******* kidding me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
You have got to be ******* kidding me.
To be fair, i've never had a migraine or seen anybody suffering from the effects of one, and i didn't really realise it was as debilitating as some of you have said.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People act like its a pain tolerance issue that NFL players should be able to overcome. I can understand playing on a broken leg, but playing with a full blown migraine is impossible. Not being able to make out objects 5 feet infront of you is a real *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've had 2 migraines and both resulted in me sitting in a dark room for hours and puking. Migraines aren't just something that you can just man up and play through. They just straight up disable you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:33 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People often go to the ER because of migraines, genius. It's not just a minor inconvenience.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:24 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I too suffer from migraines. I am on medication for them, thankfully. It's exactly what everyone has said. You have to lock yourself in a dark room, and the slightest noise absolutely kills your head. It's not just a headache or a hangover. This is much, much worse. Getting a headache from a hangover is cakewalk compared to a migraine...before I was medicated I would go 6 days without going to work or school because of them. They suck.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still would like to know what was Percy's cure since this was a life long problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I too suffer from migraines. I am on medication for them, thankfully. It's exactly what everyone has said. You have to lock yourself in a dark room, and the slightest noise absolutely kills your head. It's not just a headache or a hangover. This is much, much worse. Getting a headache from a hangover is cakewalk compared to a migraine...before I was medicated I would go 6 days without going to work or school because of them. They suck.
*****tenchar
Old 11-02-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I still would like to know what was Percy's cure since this was a life long problem.
He had obstructive sleep apnea, and got that taken care of.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
the new jesus
Rookie

the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus

Quote:
I know this point has been made about 100 times in this thread but I'm going to make it again...you are an idiot.
the new jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a ****ing puss he is. Why doesn't he just wear a pitch black visor (which are badass) and like some earplugs. Man the **** up... :D

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
He had obstructive sleep apnea, and got that taken care of.
Not trying to make this a joking matter, I do not have migranes but suffer from insomnia & I self medicate from time to time with Nyquil.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 11-02-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Not trying to make this a joking matter, I do not have migranes but suffer from insomnia & I self medicate from time to time with Nyquil.
I don't think you know what sleep apnea is.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't think you know what sleep apnea is.
I must dont...... But hell it works for me after being up 2-3 days straight with no sleep.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 11-02-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
I must dont...... But hell it works for me after being up 2-3 days straight with no sleep.
That wouldn't help with sleep apnea, considering it is a condition that affects the person while they are sleeping.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it has nothing to do with falling asleep. it causes period of abnormal heart rate/breathing during sleep (at least that is what i've gathered)
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Red face

Quote:
That wouldn't help with sleep apnea, considering it is a condition that affects the person while they are sleeping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
it has nothing to do with falling asleep. it causes period of abnormal heart rate/breathing during sleep (at least that is what i've gathered)
Thank you for broadening me on the condition.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 11-03-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The migraine thread.

Science of sleep apnea.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote