Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What's your prediction for the Giants the rest of the year
Schedule is brutal, they'll lose enough to just miss out on the playoffs 24 32.43%
Make playoffs, but exit with a 1st round loss 18 24.32%
Make playoffs, win a playoff game 19 25.68%
Reach NFC Title game 3 4.05%
Super Bowl loss 2 2.70%
Super Bowl win 8 10.81%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate you Fewell!

Tryon's broken arm, which he played 2 quarters on! Good lordy!

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 11-01-2011 at 12:26 PM.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fewell does too good of a job in games against top trams for me to get on the **** PF bandwagon, but I do hate seeing how passive and vanilla we are most of the game against teams we should beat up on. Thing is we saw that under spags to, so I think that shift in playcalling comes down from coughlin. Our roster is also kinda streaky but even when the team had better leadership in the lockerroom the playcalling shifted gears based on the quality of the opponent as well.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
How the **** is Eli Inconsistent? That's the most baffling thing I've ever read on this board...this month...week...
Your right. Looking good 1 week, and then another looking lost and becoming an INT machine as a 7th year QB is completely not inconsistant.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Your right. Looking good 1 week, and then another looking lost and becoming an INT machine as a 7th year QB is completely not inconsistant.
That would only make sense if it was true.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

11-5, division win, and win 1 playoff game.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That would only make sense if it was true.
I think people are going on based on last season where our OL was hurt and basically everyone in our wr corps was hurt on IR. WHat did he have Mario and Hagan as our X and Y in a scheme where these mongoloids have to run a lot of option routes and choice routes. On top of that, when you do try to make a good play, someone is fumbling the ball or tipping it up into the players hands.

But hey, whatever, I'll take him any day. Maybe we can one day get a new system, and he really show his talent. We see it now that our OL stinks and we can't run the ball.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I don't really care what Eli's perception is these days. I'll ride with Eli any day of the week, so I'm good.

Especially when the game is on the line. I'd probably only take Tom Brady over Eli in a clutch situation. Honorable mention to Ben Roethlisberger.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We were a better team in 2008 but the upcoming schedule reminds of that year. I think we had 7 or 8 wins in a row against teams that had a .500 or better winning percentage. That was by far the best football I've ever seen the Giants play. Realistically we probably need to go 5-4 over this stretch to finish with a 10-6 record. The Giants always play up or down to their opponents so I'm expecting a fun stretch of football here. If we can get the run game figured out on both sides I'd be much more confident but I don't see us close there yet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh, I don't really care what Eli's perception is these days. I'll ride with Eli any day of the week, so I'm good.

Especially when the game is on the line. I'd probably only take Tom Brady over Eli in a clutch situation. Honorable mention to Ben Roethlisberger.
I agree. I'm sick of defending Eli on the board as the group of Giants fans here know exactly what we have. Let the others think what they want at this point.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
But hey, whatever, I'll take him any day. Maybe we can one day get a new system, and he really show his talent. We see it now that our OL stinks and we can't run the ball.
I think our system does let us show his talent. What would be a funny experiment is watching someone else run our offense. It could be the most vertical offense in the NFL. I know Eli's yard per attempt is up in the top 3 of the NFL, but those behind him (and some in front) rely on a lot of YAC.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I think our system does let us show his talent. What would be funny experiment is watching someone else run our offense. It could be the most vertical offense in the NFL. I know Eli's yard per attempt is up in the top 3 of the NFL, but those behind him (and some in front) rely on a lot of YAC.
Well from a mental standpoint I agree. He pretty much does everything. It's sad that after picking the best play and reading the defense, some dumb dumb runs the wrong route, and it gets blamed on Eli.

How many QBs can actually run our system? Same with the WRs and TEs and the heavy choice and option routes?

Sometimes I wish.. well basically always I wish we had a different system. The worst decision we made was hiring Hufangel who is now in the CFL. Ben had Whisenhunt who I loved as an OC, and Rivers has Cam Cameron, and we hired garbage who isn't in the NFL anymore.

That's not factoring the circus atmosphere with Shockey, Plax, and stupid Tiki. We have come a long way since those fools running wrong adjustments and then throwing their hands up wondering why they didn't get the ball.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli Manning is in the Roethlisberger, Rivers tier. Rivers is sucking it up this year but you know what I mean.

Just a tier below Manning, Brady, Rogdgers, Brees.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Eli Manning is in the Roethlisberger, Rivers tier. Rivers is sucking it up this year but you know what I mean.

I feel like Brees is a bit overrated. Out of everyone, he is the most QB friendly offense. People flipped their crap cause Eli threw 25 INTs last year, but Brees threw 22 and no one made a peep.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I feel like Brees is a bit overrated. Out of everyone, he is the most QB friendly offense. People flipped their crap cause Eli threw 25 INTs last year, but Brees threw 22 and no one made a peep.
Well look at that damn Colts game! Do you think Coughlin would have ran up that score like that. None of the Saints RB went over 100 yards but meanwhile their QB gets 5 freaking TDs and over 300 yards. What they didn't have backups on that team that need work?

Coughlin would have pulled Eli and put Carr in. Same with other teams who chose to have their QBs throw 1 yard TDs to get their stats up. I think it was the Bills game, where we handed off to Bradshaw for 3 Tds instead of throwing it. If we wanted to pad Eli's stats and sometimes I think we should, we could have had ELi throw for all 3 TDs.

Just look at that Colts game.

14 yard TD pass
4 yard TD pass
6 yard TD pass
4 yard TD
2 Yard TD pass

Did they really need to throw to pad his stats? Did all their RBs get hurt? Do they even carry a back up QB? If that was us it would have been Run, run, run, run, run.. Probably have Bradshaw have a career TD in TDs. And if Coughlin wanted to be nice, gave it to Ward.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Well karma got Payton for that.

I never understood why anyone would want to run up the score like that. All you're doing is giving your opponents more gametape of your passing concepts for no good reason.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I never understood why anyone would want to run up the score like that. All you're doing is giving your opponents more gametape of your passing concepts for no good reason.
Not just that, and it's something that the Pats did in 2007 as well so I'm not just picking out the Saints, but regardless of how hard the Colts were playing they still have probably the best bookend pass rush in the NFL. It was unnecessary to put Brees at risk no matter how comforatble he had been all day.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Not just that, and it's something that the Pats did in 2007 as well so I'm not just picking out the Saints, but regardless of how hard the Colts were playing they still have probably the best bookend pass rush in the NFL. It was unnecessary to put Brees at risk no matter how comforatble he had been all day.
I'm sure Spags showed his team pictures of Payton eating a hot dog too. That doesn't sit well with opponents. Respect your competition.

That arrogance displayed against the Colts got the Rams fired up. I obviously can't prove that, but I do believe it.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

True, but I mean come on, you couldn't get 2/3 backs over 100 yards each? You HAD to get Brees 325 yard and give him 5 damn TDS? I mean really? You had no back ups you can put it?

Like I said if it was us. It would have been all the Rbs getting the TD. Maybe Eli with 1, IF that, and then Mario or Cruz or someone running the wrong route, and that resulting in a pick.

So the box score would be 0 tds 1 int. And people would form their opinions on that, which happens a lot in our system.

If we cared about padding his stats Eli would have a sick amount of TDs a year just because the Rbs are getting the ball no matter what when it's that close to the goal line.

But that's why they need the league in passing attempts with 323 damn passing attempts, lol. The second guy is Matt S. with 299.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post

Big Ben is with the top tier. Eli isnt in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I clown on Eli all the time because he's a Giant(!), but I am coming around to thinking he's way more overrated than underrated as QB.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I clown on Eli all the time because he's a Giant(!), but I am coming around to thinking he's way more overrated than underrated as QB.
How is he over-rated? Eli's been one of the most consistently clutch QBs the NFL has had since he was drafted. He runs a retardedly complex offense and he does a great job of it. Despite all of his stellar play he still gets left out of top 10 lists for the position, which is absurd.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 11-01-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Seriously guy, pretending you know what you're talking about when you're clueless ends up worse than just admitting your ignorance on a topic and refraining from commenting.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-01-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Omar
Rookie

Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Seriously guy, pretending you know what you're talking about when you're clueless ends up worse than just admitting your ignorance on a topic and refraining from commenting.
It's not as bad as giving Eli a freepass at all times because of the system that the Giants run. Eli has consistently had a good to great running game(except this year), an above average O-line, and an above average WR group. To call his situation one of the worst in the league because of his system is such ******* overkill
Omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Omar
Rookie

Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Omar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Big Ben is with the top tier. Eli isnt in there.
Rodgers/Brady
Healthy Peyton

Brees
Big Ben

Rivers
Vick
Omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
It's not as bad as giving Eli a freepass at all times because of the system that the Giants run. Eli has consistently had a good to great running game(except this year), an above average O-line, and an above average WR group. To call his situation one of the worst in the league because of his system is such ******* overkill
I never said his situation was one of the worst in the league, just that it was one of the worst to put up numbers amongst good teams. Yeah he's had a good running game, it was great in 2008, hasn't really been since because the OL has aged, gotten injured and been replaced, but that running game's part of why the system isn't numbers conducive. With how crazy winds get during the winter the giants run the ball a lot, that dedication to the run is why it's effective, they also take away most redzone TDs from Eli that Eli would collect playing in GB, SD, NE, Indy, NO, Dallas, Philly. So his TD tallies don't get the boost most top QBs get. Similarly his INTs are inflated by how many choice and option routes his Receivers are running.

Eli doesn't get a freepass and when he costs us a playoff spot or a playoff win I'll complain about it. Until that day comes I'm going to be glad to have him Quarterbacking the team I'm a fan of.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: