Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What's your prediction for the Giants the rest of the year
Schedule is brutal, they'll lose enough to just miss out on the playoffs 24 32.43%
Make playoffs, but exit with a 1st round loss 18 24.32%
Make playoffs, win a playoff game 19 25.68%
Reach NFC Title game 3 4.05%
Super Bowl loss 2 2.70%
Super Bowl win 8 10.81%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
Rodgers/Brady
Healthy Peyton

Brees
Big Ben

Rivers
Vick
Cool, mine are:
Brady
Healthy Peyton/Rodgers

Brees
Big Ben/Eli/Rivers

Vick/Cutler/Stafford if he keeps it up.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:44 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Seriously guy, pretending you know what you're talking about when you're clueless ends up worse than just admitting your ignorance on a topic and refraining from commenting.

Whoops.

I meant I think Eli is more UNDERRATED than overrated as a pro QB.
Good night.;)
Old 11-02-2011, 05:54 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Cool, mine are:
Brady
Healthy Peyton/Rodgers

Brees
Big Ben/Eli/Rivers
Why would Brady be so high?
His playoff success in the 2004 & earlier seasons when they won their 3 Super Bowls?
Or has he separated himself currently with his play this year?

I can't fathom how someone would justifiably put him, currently, in a league of his own, at the top.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Why would Brady be so high?
His playoff success in the 2004 & earlier seasons when they won their 3 Super Bowls?
Or has he separated himself currently with his play this year?

I can't fathom how someone would justifiably put him, currently, in a league of his own, at the top.
He did have an MVP year last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
It's not as bad as giving Eli a freepass at all times because of the system that the Giants run. Eli has consistently had a good to great running game(except this year), an above average O-line, and an above average WR group. To call his situation one of the worst in the league because of his system is such ******* overkill
Our run game has been trash since 09. The last time we had a good run game was 08, when good ol Plax shot himself.

Our oline has been mediocre for awhile now. I've been saying it for years, the Giants oline (when it was good) was the most overrated unit in football. Now everyone knows it's trash, but even when it was considered good it was never very good. It was a good run blocking unit once upon a time but never a good pass protecting unit.

That's not an excuse though. I fully expect franchise qbs to have good enough pocket presence and anticipation skills to make up for a porous oline. Look at Rodgers, Peyton, Brady, Brees, Eli, Roethlisberger etc. None have stud offensive lines. But they have great anticipation skills, great pocket presence, and they get the ball out and move around to buy time. With a franchise qb, you don't need a great oline in pass pro. Just an acceptable one.

Cutler's the exception, his oline is god awful. It's not an acceptable level. But as long as you have a somewhat decent oline, I expect the qb to make it work. So that's not really a factor as far as I'm concerned.

In a related note, I think LT has become one of the more overrated positions in football as a result. It's always assumed that you need that dominant LT to protect your franchise qb, and you should spend a premium pick on them bc it's a "safe" pick with guaranteed good results. But that's so far from the truth. LT isn't what it used to be. It's not as safe of a pick, nor is it as important as it used to be.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He did have an MVP year last year.
Its not last year anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Its not last year anymore.
And Brady has still been one of the 5 best QB's this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants are unpredictable and dangerous.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
And Brady has still been one of the 5 best QB's this year.
Good point.
So he's not alone at the top this year.
Eli has been clutch-er than Brady this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
The Giants are unpredictable and dangerous.
Very true.
But here, we are making our predictions.

I got a tweet today that said the Giants under Coughlin have never started a season worse than 5-2.
This can't be true can it?
Old 11-02-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good point.
So he's not alone at the top this year.
Eli has been clutch-er than Brady this year.

Very true.
But here, we are making our predictions.

I got a tweet today that said the Giants under Coughlin have never started a season worse than 5-2.
He has to be more clutch. Our OL isn't playing well. We can't run block for the life of us. Jacobs is doing zilch! Bradshaw is trying hard to create something out of nothing. We have no superstars on offense. Pretty much Eli putting the team on his back, and throwing to undrafted free agents.

Like I said before, if I took a golf club to both your legs and you had to crawl, you'd be faster than our TE, Jake Ballard! LOL. Hopefully guys will be coming back and off the PUP list, so something can happen.

But we lost another CB for the season, lol, so that is yet another kick in the nuts.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I believe that is true. Or at least very close to being true. Maybe 4-2 or 5-3, something like that.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I believe that is true. Or at least very close to being true. Maybe 4-2 or 5-3, something like that.

We've also be horrible in the 2nd half under Coughlin. Another reason I wanted him fired last year.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting out strong has never been the problem for the Giants. It's finishing in December that's been the issue.

The pass game just goes to **** once those winds pick up in November and December.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing I care about with regards to the Giants is what an unexpectedly clutch and necessary pickup Victor Cruz has been for my fantasy team.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I think about it the more I start to come to the conclusion that Eli Manning is my fav QB in the NFL, **** putting up numbers, Eli's just damn unstoppable once the game's on the line.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 11-07-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it wasn't for wind, I'm pretty sure he'd already own every single record.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's a truth-fact.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-07-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Old 11-07-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The way the Packers are playing, I don't know if anyone can stop them.

Right now, I just want us to get healthy and make the playoffs. And take it from there.

If we get 10 wins, I'll feel comfortable. 4 more to go. Not gonna be easy.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The way the Packers are playing, I don't know if anyone can stop them.

Right now, I just want us to get healthy and make the playoffs. And take it from there.

If we get 10 wins, I'll feel comfortable. 4 more to go. Not gonna be easy.
*shrug* a couple weeks ago I didn't think anyone would keep New England under 30 all year...

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-07-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers are beatable, Chargers proved it last night.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
The thing with the Packers though is, their Offense almost never makes a costly mistake. They are so aggressive with attacking down field, however they don't turn the ball over very much at all. Defensively despite how many Passing Yards they give up they still are very good at forcing turnovers.

So you need to play a flawless game on Offense if you want to outscore them. It's going to be interesting to see how their game translates when the temperatures start dropping, if they'll have to use their running game more.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Yes the Packers are beatable, of course. Everyone is.
But the Chargers lost to the Packers... how did they prove that the Packers are beatable by rallying to lose by 7 points.
Others have almost beat the Packers..... Chargers only proved that the Packers defense is crappy right now.

The Giants are a team who could beat the Packers, so is Detroit. Both will get visits from the Packers soon....
Old 11-11-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes the Packers are beatable, of course. Everyone is.
But the Chargers lost to the Packers... how did they prove that the Packers are beatable by rallying to lose by 7 points.
Others have almost beat the Packers..... Chargers only proved that the Packers defense is crappy right now.

The Giants are a team who could beat the Packers, so is Detroit. Both will get visits from the Packers soon....
I'd more confident if so many defensive players weren't on IR. Ah well, try out best and see what happens. If we keep it close and make it a game, we may gain confidence and that can do a lot. We played the pats, and played very well. We lost a lead, and they win by 3 at our house. The team gained a lot of confidence which carried all the way through.

So who knows, as long as it isn't a blow out I am fine with whatever outcome.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They will be the first team to knock of the Packers this year in the regular season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote