Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What's your prediction for the Giants the rest of the year
Schedule is brutal, they'll lose enough to just miss out on the playoffs 24 32.43%
Make playoffs, but exit with a 1st round loss 18 24.32%
Make playoffs, win a playoff game 19 25.68%
Reach NFC Title game 3 4.05%
Super Bowl loss 2 2.70%
Super Bowl win 8 10.81%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to beat SF and take it from there. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I actually hate the fact that the Giants are getting recognized. This team never plays well when the media slobs their knobs. They are much better in the underdog/nobodybelievesinus role.

The Patriot game was a perfect example of that.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I just want to beat SF and take it from there. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I actually hate the fact that the Giants are getting recognized. This team never plays well when the media slobs their knobs. They are much better in the underdog/nobodybelievesinus role.

That's why I'm expecting the D to **** the bed against the 9ers.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
That's why I'm expecting the D to **** the bed against the 9ers.
Wouldn't shock me at all.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wouldn't shock me at all.
You know we're just going to sit back and play coverage against a team that runs the ball a lot and has a QB who hasn't had to carry that team when pressured. Frank Gore will beast this game, 150+ yards at least.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 11-11-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

"slobs their knobs..."

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
They will be the first team to knock of the Packers this year in the regular season.

Who will, the Giants?
Are the Giants a much better home team than road team?
I know they in 2007 season, like the 2010 Packers, won 3 roadies to get to the Super Bowl, including beating the #1 and then #2 seeds.

That road was very similar of course!
Then both defeated a team who was used to only winning Super Bowls.
Very similar seasons.

These Giants are so hard to figure out... even you die-hard G fans go up & down on your team, because they are up & down.
But Eli has definitely gotten better...... and he's always been clutch. That bastard. 2007 still hurts. Why couldn't Plax have shot himself just a little sooner? Al Harris couldn't stop him.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:37 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The way the Packers are playing, I don't know if anyone can stop them.

Right now, I just want us to get healthy and make the playoffs. And take it from there.

If we get 10 wins, I'll feel comfortable. 4 more to go. Not gonna be easy.
You were right.... that's the thing I respect most about the Giants fans on here.
You guys aren't always ignoring the flaws, realistic, and don't get fooled when your team has a good record.

Unlike some of our friends from Tampa Bay who seemed to be a bit over-confident.

Sometimes looking at the schedule doesn't add up because teams change... who looks tough in September sometimes suck in December, etc.
But this Giants tough schedule is coming to fruition.
But I never expected them to allow 49 points last night.

The voters in this poll were right, a month ago.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

How does this look for realism?

#1- Packers
#2- 49ers

#3- Saints
#4- Cows
#5- Bears
#6- Falcons or Giants

Wildcard:
Atlanta/NYG @ New Orleans
Chicago at Dallas
Old 11-29-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
How does this look for realism?

#1- Packers
#2- 49ers

#3- Saints
#4- Cows
#5- Bears
#6- Falcons or Giants

Wildcard:
Atlanta/NYG @ New Orleans
Chicago at Dallas
I personally see us getting the 5th seed, I think we only lose one of the next five games, pretty easy for us down the stretch.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I personally see us getting the 5th seed, I think we only lose one of the next five games, pretty easy for us down the stretch.
Very possible.... how many losses for the Bears on that schedule?
  • Chiefs --Bears favored by 7 1/2
  • @ Broncos --Bears favored by 1 to 2 my guess
  • Seahawks --Bears favored by 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 my guess
  • @ Packers --Packers a heavy favorite
  • @ Minnesota --Bears a slight favorite, plus Cutler may be back?

The Giants need to sweep the Cowboys.
They did indeed, and that was the difference. Amazing they lost because of a blocked FG. Dallas always finds a way to piss down their leg, one way or another.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 01-02-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:52 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

If the Giants lose to the Packers, get swept by Dallas..... is Coughlin gone?
Old 01-02-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
That schedule is almost unfair.
Well they made it thru, they're in. Many times in the past 5 or so years, a team squeeks in, and makes a run.

I like their chances. I really don't like them probably being my team's first game, on January 15th.

I hear Atlanta is a touch matchup for the Giants next weekend, but I think the Giants DL will batter Matt Ryan, and they will shut down Turner.

The Falcons need Jacquiz Rodgers to become their Darren Sproles.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm nervous about Michael Turner. For the most part, we've been a poor run defense this year. And that offense goes as Turner goes. We're not the best tacklers either.

And Atlanta just feels like they're due for a playoff win. Gonzo is due, Ryan is due, they have 2 WRs who can beast it, I think this game can go either way.

I'm not saying I think we'll lose, I think we have a 50/50 chance at winning this game, but it's not going to be easy. The offense has to really show up for us to win this game.

Grimes matches up well with Cruz too. Nicks is going to have to have a big game.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm nervous about Michael Turner. For the most part, we've been a poor run defense this year. And that offense goes as Turner goes. We're not the best tacklers either.

And Atlanta just feels like they're due for a playoff win. Gonzo is due, Ryan is due, they have 2 WRs who can beast it, I think this game can go either way.

I'm not saying I think we'll lose, I think we have a 50/50 chance at winning this game, but it's not going to be easy. The offense has to really show up for us to win this game.

Grimes matches up well with Cruz too. Nicks is going to have to have a big game.
I think we have a harder time with shiftier backs, which is something Turner is not. I am not too afraid of Turner but I am concerned with Roddy White, and how our offense will perform against a really solid defense. I think this will be a great and close game, I look forward to it.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

This should be a great game, and good call about the Falcons being due.
I'd really like to see Tony Gonzalez get a playoff win.
One only, though. :)
Old 01-02-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
This should be a great game, and good call about the Falcons being due.
I'd really like to see Tony Gonzalez get a playoff win.
One only, though. :)
If there's any linebacking corps that Tony Gonzalez should be able to abuse, it's the crappy Giants LB corps.

As long as the Falcons offensive coordinator can chip the Giants DEs and keep that pass rush in check, Matt Ryan should have an absolute field day abusing the Giants' mediocre LBs and CBs with Julio, Roddy, and Tony.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If there's any linebacking corps that Tony Gonzalez should be able to abuse, it's the crappy Giants LB corps.

As long as the Falcons offensive coordinator can chip the Giants DEs and keep that pass rush in check, Matt Ryan should have an absolute field day abusing the Giants' mediocre LBs and CBs with Julio, Roddy, and Tony.
If Romo, Vick and Brady can do it no way Matt Ryan ***** it up.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
If there's any linebacking corps that Tony Gonzalez should be able to abuse, it's the crappy Packers LB corps.
Fixed that.
Our pass defense allowed MORE YARDS PASSING this season than any team EVER in the NFL.

And covering TE's is one of our worst aspects of that.
Hawk can't cover Mike Ditka today.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
If there's any linebacking corps that Tony Gonzalez should be able to abuse, it's the crappy Packers LB corps.
Fixed that.
Our pass defense allowed MORE YARDS PASSING this season than any team EVER in the NFL.

We will be in trouble should we meet Jim Graham or the Patriots Dynamic Duo.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Fixed that.

We will be in trouble should we meet Jim Graham or the Patriots Dynamic Duo.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Has Gonzalez still not ever won a playoff game?
Old 01-03-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Did you think the same thing about Jason Witten? Our LBers do stink, but it isn't as simple as Tony is good, our LBers are bad, he will tear us up.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Did you think the same thing about Jason Witten? Our LBers do stink, but it isn't as simple as Tony is good, our LBers are bad, he will tear us up.
**** our back 7 is so much more talented than it was in 2007.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-03-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
The Giants seem to play to the level of their competition. They'll be in the hunt for the playoffs, and if they get in who knows what'll happen.
I stand by what I said back on the first page.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I stand by what I said back on the first page.
This team has been fascinating all season long, even back on your first page post!

If you're right, then this should be a barn-burner today..... this is the game I have been looking forward to the most of this weekend's 4 games.

Which Giant team will show up? Or will we see both the good & bad today?