Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What's your prediction for the Giants the rest of the year
Schedule is brutal, they'll lose enough to just miss out on the playoffs 24 32.43%
Make playoffs, but exit with a 1st round loss 18 24.32%
Make playoffs, win a playoff game 19 25.68%
Reach NFC Title game 3 4.05%
Super Bowl loss 2 2.70%
Super Bowl win 8 10.81%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
This team has been fascinating all season long, even back on your first page post!

If you're right, then this should be a barn-burner today..... this is the game I have been looking forward to the most of this weekend's 4 games.

Which Giant team will show up? Or will we see both the good & bad today?

I said it in another post somewhere, but the Giants have been the ultimate jekyll and hyde team for as long as i can remember. They can play with anyone on any given day. Or lose to rex grossman...twice.

Today they showed up and damn they looked great. Hell, jacobs was running harder than he has in two years, it was incredible to see that night and day transformation. MM looked good, everyone was just ballin and the falcons just never had a prayer.

when they show up, they show up big. But boy when they lay an egg, its ugly as hell.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
I said it in another post somewhere, but the Giants have been the ultimate jekyll and hyde team for as long as i can remember. They can play with anyone on any given day. Or lose to rex grossman...twice.

Today they showed up and damn they looked great. Hell, jacobs was running harder than he has in two years, it was incredible to see that night and day transformation. MM looked good, everyone was just ballin and the falcons just never had a prayer.

when they show up, they show up big. But boy when they lay an egg, its ugly as hell.
They will be up for this game and I suspect we will see their 'A' game.
If the Packers play their 'A' game, they will beat the Giants.
But if the Packers don't play very well, or if the refs are the same as the ones the Lions had who stole at least 1 touchdown, than anything can happen.

Giants have great talent.
I'd like to put a poll up about that.....
If you could redraft 2 new teams from these 2 rosters designed to win NOW, I bet the Giants would have about 12 of the first 20 players.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you could redraft 2 new teams from these 2 rosters designed to win NOW, I bet the Giants would have about 12 of the first 20 players.
Wait, what? Who?

They have Bradshaw, Cruz, Tuck, Osi and Jason Pierre Paul. Thats it...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Wait, what? Who?

While J-Mike is probably over exaggerating, I do think our safeties might be in that top 20.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But if the Packers don't play very well, or if the refs are the same as the ones the Lions had who stole at least 1 touchdown, than anything can happen.
I also don't want to hear about refs. I normally one who never complains about calls, especially in determining an outcome of a game. But there were several highly questionable calls that all went in your favor during the regular season. And now I sound like the people I hate.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Giants have great talent.
I'd like to put a poll up about that.....

actaully, i feel like the spread for this game is going to be very tight. The packers are more of a one man show whereas the giants (at least as of last week) were bringing the pain from everywhere. still not sure i trust jacobs to keep playing like he gives a crap but we'll see, this game should be a damn good one so many great match ups.

rodgers vs the rush
who covers cruz?
who covers jennings? jmike? nelson? so many freaking weapons that beat on us last time, our rush better be on its A game

i love this matchup, i can easily envision either team winning.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wait, what? Who?

Umm Eli and Nicks?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wait, what? Who?

Hakeem Nicks is phenomenal, and a lot of teams wanted to draft Prince this year.
We don't have any young CB's better than him.
Tramon is medium age and has been burnt so much this year.
Nobody would take Shields before Amakumura.

If NFL teams drafted, who would they take, Hakeem Nicks or Greg Jennings?

The talent level is close.

And Eli is a legit Pro Bowler who is clutch, usually.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
While J-Mike is probably over exaggerating, I do think our safeties might be in that top 20.
Maybe but Burnett and Peprah are both good safties aswell. IMO a Giants/Packers team would look like this:

QB - Rodgers - Packers
RB - Bradshaw - Giants
FB - Kuhn - Packers
TE - Finley - Packers
LT - Clifton - Packers
LG - Snee - Giants
C - Wells - Packers
RG - Sitton - Packers
RT - Bulaga - Packers
WR - Jennings - Packers
WR - Cruz - Giants

DL - Matthews - Packers
DL - Pierre-Paul - Giants
DL - Tuck - Giants
DL - Raji - Packers
LB - Bishop - Packers
LB - Boley - Packers
CB - Woodson - Packers
CB - Williams - Packers
CB - Thomas - Giants
S - Collins - Packers
S - Phillips - Giants

Thats 15 Packers to 7 Giants. Obviously im being biased though.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I also don't want to hear about refs. I normally one who never complains about calls, especially in determining an outcome of a game. But there were several highly questionable calls that all went in your favor during the regular season. And now I sound like the people I hate.
Refs do make mistakes, sometimes big ones.
There's no harm in admitting that.
The Lions got hosed out of at least one touchdown last week which would have put them up by 14. Probably would not have made a difference, but we'll never know.

Refs are a factor too often IMO. Shouldn't surprise anyone since they are human. And they're old usually.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hakeem Nicks is phenomenal, and a lot of teams wanted to draft Prince this year.
We don't have any young CB's better than him.
Tramon is medium age and has been burnt so much this year.
Nobody would take Shields before Amakumura.

If NFL teams drafted, who would they take, Hakeem Nicks or Greg Jennings?

The talent level is close.

And Eli is a legit Pro Bowler who is clutch, usually.
Jennings is better than Nicks. No doubt.

So what about Prince? Hes not a starter for the Giants and wouldnt be a starter for us.

Yes Eli is good but Rodgers.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webster is better than Thomas. Also, Matthews with his hand in the dirt wouldn't be the same as he is now. Nicks is better than Cruz.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Webster is better than Thomas. Also, Matthews with his hand in the dirt wouldn't be the same as he is now. Nicks is better than Cruz.
I know Matthews wouldnt be the same but i couldnt leave him out cus hes an elite pass rusher. Maybe play 3-4 with Tuck, Raji and Canty DL then Pierre-Paul and Matthews at OLB.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB:Rodgers /Manning
RB: Bradshaw
FB: The Kuhn
WR: Nelson

WR: Nicks
TE: Finley
LT: Clifton

LG: Snee
C: Wells
RG: Sitton

RT: McKenzie

LE: Pierre Paul
DT: Raji
DT: Pickett /Canty
RE: Tuck
LB: Boley

LB: Bishop
LB: Matthews
CB: Woodson

CB: Webster
S: Phillips
S: Rolle

10 out of 22 for Packers with two being in between. Crucify me for saying that Eli and Canty could be preferred over the Rodgers and Pickett.

Edit: and we are doing this with current active rosters.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 01-13-2012 at 04:00 PM.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
[b]QB:Rodgers /Manning
Seriously? Are you saying Eli Manning is as good as Aaron Rodgers?

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seriously? Are you saying Eli Manning is as good as Aaron Rodgers?
Statistically he's not, but I am willing to make the case, yes.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
QB:Rodgers /Manning
Manning is not as good as Rodgers.
RB: Bradshaw
Yes, Bradshaw brings a lot more than Starks and Grant
FB: The Kuhn
WR: Nelson

Jennings is better than Nelson IMO.
WR: Nicks
TE: Finley
LT: Clifton

LG: Snee
C: Wells
RG: Sitton

RT: McKenzie
Dont know much about McKenzie but probably arguable between him and Bulaga

LE: Pierre Paul
DT: Raji
DT: Pickett /Canty
RE: Tuck
LB: Boley

LB: Bishop
LB: Matthews
CB: Woodson

Williams is better than Woodson so if you think Woodson is better than Webster you need to swap Webster with Williams
CB: Webster
S: Phillips
S: Rolle

10 out of 22 for Packers with two being in between. Crucify me for saying that Eli and Canty could be preferred over the Rodgers and Pickett.

Edit: and we are doing this with current active rosters.
Overall quite fair but really dont understand the Manning one!

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Statistically he's not, but I am willing to make the case, yes.
Make your case...

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

So it's showing that it's pretty close, as I said.

We in Green Bay are just used to Rodgers being the difference.
But against a QB on fire, clutch, it isn't always that easy.
Warner got us.
Brees threw no picks in week one and it was down to the final play, luckily we had the one fumble in the game when the now AWOL-Collins popped it from Colston.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even in his older age, McKenzie is better than the youngster Bulaga.

But I'm not going to start in this fictional debate.

and webster is light years better than tramon williams. He's a top 5 CB.

just my $.02
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Even in his older age, McKenzie is better than the youngster Bulaga.

But I'm not going to start in this fictional debate.

and webster is light years better than tramon williams. He's a top 5 CB.

just my $.02
Lights years? Williams was a pro bowler last year...

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lights years? Williams was a pro bowler last year...
and Roy Williams the safety was pro bowlers for like 6 consecutive years. Pro Bowls mean absolutely nothing and are the worst barometer to judge players by
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
and Roy Williams the safety was pro bowlers for like 6 consecutive years. Pro Bowls mean absolutely nothing and are the worst barometer to judge players by
He played at a pro bowl level though. He was a top 5 CB last year.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-13-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams was a top 5 CB last season

he hasn't had the same success this year though so Webster over him is fine by me but he isn't light years ahead of him

I'd take Bulaga at RT though. He's been their best OLineman this season. Well, him or Wells.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Williams was a top 5 CB last season

he hasn't had the same success this year though so Webster over him is fine by me but he isn't light years ahead of him

I'd take Bulaga at RT though. He's been their best OLineman this season. Well, him or Wells.
I second this.

RIP themaninblack