Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-26-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
liquidswords
Rookie

liquidswords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Strahan

I saw this on PFT:

STRAHAN HOLDOUT COMING?

A league source tells us that the New York Giants are bracing for a possible training camp holdout from defensive end Michael Strahan.

Per the source, Strahan wants more money from the team, or a chance to be traded to another team who will give it to him.

Strahan is due to earn $4 million this year and $4 million in 2008, the final two seasons of his deal. He'll be 37 when he becomes a free agent in 2009.

Earlier this year, Strahan was ordered to pay $15 million in after-tax dollars to his ex-wife pursuant to the terms of a prenuptial agreement. He has paid $8.5 million of it, and recently was permitted to hold the remaining $6.5 million while an appellate court considers the judge's ruling.

I say let him go and let Kiwi and Tuck play. Sell him now while he still has a bit of value.

Xbox GT: LiquidSwords55
liquidswords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFT is a joke. They just make junk up.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:49 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IF this is true, I would seek a trade. for a 2nd rounder and 4th rounder, I would consider it if he is indeed whining...
Old 03-26-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
IF this is true, I would seek a trade. for a 2nd rounder and 4th rounder, I would consider it if he is indeed whining...
No one would paid that for a damn near 40 year old who cant stay on the field. Also, they know that he wants to get paid because his slizzy too half. I would amazed if someone gave us a 2nd and 4th for him.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
No one would paid that for a damn near 40 year old who cant stay on the field. Also, they know that he wants to get paid because his slizzy too half. I would amazed if someone gave us a 2nd and 4th for him.
We just gotta talk to the Redskins, Raiders, or Texans lol.

But I think that is possible. Deon Branch got a first rounder. I think thats somewhat lofty expectations if the team has a high pick, but pick 45-64 and fourth is pretty reasonable imo.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
We just gotta talk to the Redskins, Raiders, or Texans lol.

But I think that is possible. Deon Branch got a first rounder. I think thats somewhat lofty expectations if the team has a high pick, but pick 45-64 and fourth is pretty reasonable imo.
I dont know Branch isnt 36 almost 37 though. And Branch hasnt had 2/3 years injuried. So I have no clue what Gms are thinking but a 2nd and 4th sounds like Matt Millen area of incompetence.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

No one is going to trade for Michael Strahan who is on the wrong side of 30 and has been bothered by injuries 2 of the last 3 seasons.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
PFT is a joke. They just make junk up.
They actually get alot of stuff right. Remember they were the first to report our cuts
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote