Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-10-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoa Shea McClellin in the 1st? I love the guy but a 1st round pick seems a little too rich for my blood.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since we're on the subject of pass rushers, how about exploring a trade for Ray Edwards? Tedy Bruschi once spoke about how Belichick considered him the most dangerous player on Minnesota's defense despite Jared Allen's presence on the other side of the line. Edwards struggled in Atlanta last season but is 27 years old with great size at 6'5", 268 and an affordable contract: only $18.5 million left over four seasons. I believe all of the guarantees have been paid, and Atlanta may be looking to free up some cash for a player such as Mario Williams or Dwight Freeney. Top pass rushers nowadays get paid roughly $12 million per season, and Edwards' 2012 cap number is only $3 million. Atlanta may not be willing to give up on him after just one season especially considering his reasonable salary, but he would be an intriguing player to buy low on if available. Maybe the Patriots could pry him away for a third-round pick? The chance to acquire a player with the strength to play DE, the athleticism to play OLB, and the intelligence and bulk to handle both doesn't present itself often. Robert Mathis is four years older and just got paid almost twice what Edwards will earn over the next four seasons despite being a more one-dimensional player and producing opposite Freeney.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Ray Edwards but I don't think Atlanta has any interest in moving him. Also, I'm not up on the salary cap figures for the player but I'm not really sure how much money it would "free up" for them to benefit by trading him. Finally, from the Pats perspective, I personally don't like to trade draft picks for a player when there are similar players available in free agency or the draft (eg Mike Wallace), plus I doubt the Pats could get him for a third even if Atlanta was willing to move him.

Last edited by TNPatsFan : 03-11-2012 at 08:23 AM.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which pass rusher in this drafts fits your defense the most? I think you guys will end up trading up for a defender if you guys don't get Mike Wallace, and a pass rusher will likely be the position you will look to draft. Would Belichick like Courtney Upshaw(despite being short) or Melvin Ingram(also smaller than Belichick likes as well) more?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Which pass rusher in this drafts fits your defense the most? I think you guys will end up trading up for a defender if you guys don't get Mike Wallace, and a pass rusher will likely be the position you will look to draft. Would Belichick like Courtney Upshaw(despite being short) or Melvin Ingram(also smaller than Belichick likes as well) more?
I don't really see the Pats trading up significantly for either Upshaw or Ingram. If one of them falls to them then great, but honestly guys like McClellin or Branch fit what BB looks for better. If BB has to trade down he will, or it's just as likely that he'll go with a guy like Konz or Jenkins if he feels that the value is better for those guys in the first.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam Johnson is a prototypical bill belichick OLB.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shea McClellin seems like a player Belichick would love as well.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about Kelechi Osemele for a potential surprise pick in the first round? Osemele's stock is much higher than most people seem to think and he has a realistic shot at going in the first round because he is a collegiate left tackle with impressive measurables (6'6", 333, 36" arms) and nimble feet.

By the end of the 2012 season it's likely that both Matt Light and Brian Waters will be enjoying retirement. That would suggest the following offensive line assuming New England stands pat:

Solder - Mankins - Connolly - Cannon - Vollmer

However, Vollmer is a free agent at the end of the year and could demand big money despite struggling through an injury-plagued 2011 season in which he missed ten games. Eric Winston is a quality free agent who plays right tackle and has been bothered by some injuries during his career; the contract he ends up signing will influence what right tackles look for in the future. One rumor is that Winston is looking for $10 million per season.

Would the Patriots pay Vollmer that? New England could be forced to tag Vollmer and risk a holdout or end up trading him. They could also trade him preemptively this offseason (similar to Seymour), or let Vollmer walk in free agency and collect a third-round compensatory pick. It might be a mistake to rely heavily on Vollmer as a short-term option as well given his injury issues this year. So the Patriots may have to look for a right tackle as well as a right guard.

Marcus Cannon is supposedly going to play one of the two positions. But unless New England wants to risk having to start both Connolly and Wendell on the offensive line, it might be a good idea to draft a tackle at the end of the first round with the rookie pay scale in place. Osemele could reasonably project to either right guard or right tackle as well, so the Patriots would have flexibility in arranging their offensive line according to the strengths of their personnel. What about a future line of:

Solder - Mankins - Connolly - Cannon - Osemele
Old 03-16-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

My order of operations would be as follows:

1. Approach Vollmer about signing a contract extension this offseason to gauge his demands.

2. Sign him to an extension which pays a significant amount of money this season given the Patriots' current cap flexibility if his demands are reasonable.

3. If Vollmer's demands are unreasonable, look to draft an offensive lineman early in the draft for leverage as well as for security in case Vollmer goes down.

4. Place the franchise tag on Vollmer at the end of the 2012 season and try to work something out, or trade him if possible. Trading Vollmer preemptively this offseason would be risky considering teams will have concerns about his health following the 2011 season.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Also of note: the only major Patriots free agents following the 2012 season are Vollmer, Wes Welker, Brian Waters, and Patrick Chung (who is restricted.) Vollmer is the only player who could reasonably be tagged.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not crazy about Osemele and would be much happier with Zeitler in round 1. I do think the Vollmer situation is one to keep an eye on. You can tell BB likes Vollmer a lot considering he kept him active all year despite his injury, but it'll be interesting because the guy has LT ability, and I doubt teams wouldn't be willing to shell out Winston type money and possibly more if he returns to his 2010 form.

Also, I believe Chung will be in have finished his 4th season and will be an UFA at the end of next season. If he remains healthy I could see him getting the franchise tag as well since it's fairly cheap to tag a safety, and when Chung is on the field he's a fringe Pro Bowl type guy.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Some news about the Pats:

- Were at Cincinnati's Pro Day (Derek Wolfe?)

- Were at Louisiana St.'s Pro Day (Randle, Brockers, Claiborne, Ron Brooks, Brandon Taylor?)

- Scheduled official visit with Michael Brockers

- Scheduled private workout with Ron Brooks

- Were at Arizona's State's Pro Day

- Scheduled workout with Omar Bolden
Old 03-17-2012, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pats have said that Cannon will be a tackle going forward. So I would rule out Osemele. Zeitler is my guy as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
The Pats have said that Cannon will be a tackle going forward. So I would rule out Osemele. Zeitler is my guy as well..
Keep in mind that Osemele is often projected to guard as well. He's a very similar prospect to Cannon; Kelechi has a gargantuan frame but nimble feet. The Patriots also heavily value players who played LT in college.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Here's my latest projection (not necessarily ideal):

1. (from Saints) CB Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina*

The Patriots love drafting DBs high and prize SEC experience and great cone drills; Gilmore may not make it this far.

1. Pick traded for a 2013 first-round pick

2. (from Raiders) SS Harrison Smith, Notre Dame

This pick would be changed if the Patriots were to sign LaRon Landry in the coming days, but for now it'll remain Harrison Smith.

2. WR Joe Adams, Arkansas

New England has met with Adams multiple times; Arkansas runs a pro-style spread and Mallett's former target contributes as a returner.

3. DT Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati

Defensive tackle/defensive end tweener with size and the potential to rush from the interior; Pats have worked him out privately.

4. FS Brandon Taylor, Louisiana St.

Another private workout; Taylor seems like someone the Patriots may be interested in despite his poor tackling and angles.

Last edited by Matthew Jones : 03-17-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

I know it's not what BB thinks, but I personally would stay far away from Gilmore in the first. He simply is a a good college cornerback who happens to be a great athlete. He certainly struggled mightily at times last year and had his stock plummeted accordingly until the combine.

We've been burned too many times before and I'd like to see them go with a guy like Janoris Jenkins before they'd go Gilmore. We've been burned by combines with corners far too many times before, and I'd like it if we stayed out of that trap.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 03-17-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are the measurables for potential 3/4 OLBs. Nick Perry isn't a scheme fit per se, but he's included for reference. He has very nice measurables except oddly enough his 20 yard shuttle. These are combine numbers, pro day numbers would probably be better. I did not include C. Upshaw as it's not looking like he's a pass rusher (in fact I'm starting to agree with Lombardi from NFL Network - where do you play Upshaw?)
(columns are 40, BP, Vert, Cone, Shuttle, Broadjump, I can't get the headers to line up with the columns, sorry for the formatting:( )
Code:

Jake Bequette	4.82	 	34	6.9	 4.07	   9'5
Andre Branch	4.7	 	32.5	7.19	4.25	  10'0
Shea McClellin	4.63	19	31.5	7.07	4.33	  9'10
Chandler Jones	4.87	22	35	7.07	4.38	  10'0
Cam Johnson	4.81	 	35	7.2	4.38	  8'9
W.Mercilus	4.68	27	32	7.17	4.53	9'1
Nick Perry	4.64	35	38.5	7.25	4.66	10'4
Vinny Curry	4.98	 	32	6.9	4.4	9'2
Just looking at the raw numbers, I can't help but think that Belichick won't take Branch at 27 as he'll think he can get 'comparable value' by taking one of the other guys in the second (until someone offers him a trade he can't refuse, then it's the third and these guys are all gone lol.)
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of right now the two pass rushers I want for NE are Shea McClellin and Chandler Jones. If we stay in the 3-4 Shea is my guy, if not I want Jones. Jones does have insane upside though so I wouldn't be opposed to taking him over Shea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
4. FS Brandon Taylor, Louisiana St.

Another private workout; Taylor seems like someone the Patriots may be interested in despite his poor tackling and angles.
I like this mock, but I really doubt Brandon Taylor is available at the bottom of the 4th.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
As of right now the two pass rushers I want for NE are Shea McClellin and Chandler Jones. If we stay in the 3-4 Shea is my guy, if not I want Jones. Jones does have insane upside though so I wouldn't be opposed to taking him over Shea...
Mayock just put Shea McClellin at #2 for his OLB.
Hmm. Wonder how fast he's rising up draft boards.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:26 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Patriot Mock:

27 Harrison Smith FS
Not enamored with this pick, as it's a bit of a reach but there aren't very many players left at any position with first round grades. Smith probably will be a solid but not pro bowl level FS. However he's better than anyone we have at the position and will likely be gone by 48. (I also don't know how much better Smith would be over someone like Brandon Taylor or M. Martin, both of whom can be had in the 2nd or 3rd. Even so, who do we pick instead? Just seems like an awkward spot for us.)

31 Shea McClellin 3/4 OLB

Two teams that pick right after us at 27 - Green Bay (28) and Baltimore (29) - love to trade down as much as we do, therefore we might not find a trading partner for this pick. Green Bay also has the same needs as us on defense, so there's a good chance S. McClellin is off the boards at 28. There's an equally good chance we don't draft any OLBs. I mean, how many have been mocked to us over the years? How many have we taken? (The other OLB I would like is Vinny Curry, who may be available later in the second.)

It would also be an interesting situation here if due to Upshaw's horrible measures he drops and is sitting at 31 what Belichick would do. Do you draft a football player with great college production and find a way to play him despite his combine and pro day numbers? I probably would.

48 Kendall Reyes, DE - Self explanatory :)

62 Brandon Boykin, CB
I'm not sure if Boykin lasts this far. Fairly deep CB draft though, so I think it's probable we end up with one here. Boykin offers ST/returner value as well.

93 Marvin McNutt WR
There are a number of WRs they can pick here, most are projects, and we all know we've had problems developing receivers. Tommy Streeter might be interesting here. Another safety might not be out of the question.

126 Tony Bergstrom, G, Utah -
Shot in the dark on a guard prospect :)
If it were up to me I would probably package 27 and 62 and move up to 17-20 for Brockers or if for some inexplicable reason DeCastro dropped (I think there's almost zero chance M.Floyd gets out of the Top Ten.) I don't think there are any pass rushers that fit our scheme in that range, and there is comparable value for most of the remaining DL prospects.

Last edited by Blackluck : 04-05-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:05 AM    (permalink
GallopingGhost
Veteran

GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see NE drafting one of the big name safeties high. I'm a big fan of Chung because he flies out there but nobody else has really complimented him.
GallopingGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:18 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
Patriot Mock:

27 Harrison Smith FS
Not enamored with this pick, as it's a bit of a reach but there aren't very many players left at any position with first round grades. Smith probably will be a solid but not pro bowl level FS. However he's better than anyone we have at the position and will likely be gone by 48. (I also don't know how much better Smith would be over someone like Brandon Taylor or M. Martin, both of whom can be had in the 2nd or 3rd. Even so, who do we pick instead? Just seems like an awkward spot for us.)

31 Shea McClellin 3/4 OLB

Two teams that pick right after us at 27 - Green Bay (28) and Baltimore (29) - love to trade down as much as we do, therefore we might not find a trading partner for this pick. Green Bay also has the same needs as us on defense, so there's a good chance S. McClellin is off the boards at 28. There's an equally good chance we don't draft any OLBs. I mean, how many have been mocked to us over the years? How many have we taken? (The other OLB I would like is Vinny Curry, who may be available later in the second.)

It would also be an interesting situation here if due to Upshaw's horrible measures he drops and is sitting at 31 what Belichick would do. Do you draft a football player with great college production and find a way to play him despite his combine and pro day numbers? I probably would.

48 Kendall Reyes, DE - Self explanatory :)

62 Brandon Boykin, CB
I'm not sure if Boykin lasts this far. Fairly deep CB draft though, so I think it's probable we end up with one here. Boykin offers ST/returner value as well.

93 Marvin McNutt WR
There are a number of WRs they can pick here, most are projects, and we all know we've had problems developing receivers. Tommy Streeter might be interesting here. Another safety might not be out of the question.

126 Tony Bergstrom, G, Utah -
Shot in the dark on a guard prospect :)
If it were up to me I would probably package 27 and 62 and move up to 17-20 for Brockers or if for some inexplicable reason DeCastro dropped (I think there's almost zero chance M.Floyd gets out of the Top Ten.) I don't think there are any pass rushers that fit our scheme in that range, and there is comparable value for most of the remaining DL prospects.
Not bad, there are some reaches in their in terms of prospects and draft spots, but McClellin, Smith, and McNutt are 3 of my favorite prospects so I won't complain.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every year we have the token players that are mocked to us. Kendall Reyes is going to the Pats in just about every mock. Harrison Smith and She McClellin are right there too. If we take anyone I think it is Smith, but we may not end up with him because I think we will take Barron.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite the Pats having many issues on defense, if they were to trade up in the first the player I would want would be on offense and that is DeCastro.

If DeCastro is around at Philadelphia's pick I could imagine a scenario where BB trades with Andy Reid. The history is there for the Pats and Eagles as trade partners and the Eagles don't have many major needs and could do with more depth.

I know people don't necessarily want to hear it but I think this draft is a good draft to stay put and draft for value, or if they were to move up, only move a few spots and not go mad getting into the top 15.

Safety, CB and pass rushers are the main needs and between picks 20 and 50 the value is right on most of them.

Mo Claiborne will be gone in the top 5. No other CB is gauranteed to be a top 20 pick.

No safety SHOULD be a top 20 pick.

After Coples and Ingram (neither of whom are good fits) no pass rusher is guaranteed to go top 20.

Also at DT, players like Cox and Still will fall because higher upside guys such as Poe and Brockers will be overdrafted.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote