Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mankins and Decastro...

That is a lot to give up for a guard though. If we could land him I would cum everywhere, our line would be the most ridiculous thing ever. Throw in Solder and Cannon for the future, holy **** balls.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Zeitler is almost as good. I'd rather just stay at 27 than give up an extra pick to get Decastro.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't have quite the same reaction but Decastro would be awesome; anytime you have a chance to add elite talent regardless of position I think you take it. That said, it's hard to imagine he drops past 15, as I wouldn't want to move up past that (for any pick.)

From the look of it, Brockers is exactly what we need for a 5 technique, and if he gets past Carolina I think trading up isn't out of the question.

Barron seems to be generating a lot of interest and is not likely to be around late in the first. Unlike many Pat's fan I think he would be a good pick for us, redundancy with Chung notwithstanding.

The three OLB's I think that might fit us are McClellin, Branch and Curry. Branch sorta scares me though from the various scouting reports I've read.

There are quite a few CB's that would be good choices, at least on paper. I'd stay away from Jenkins, too many off the field question marks.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
I wouldn't have quite the same reaction but Decastro would be awesome; anytime you have a chance to add elite talent regardless of position I think you take it. That said, it's hard to imagine he drops past 15, as I wouldn't want to move up past that (for any pick.)

From the look of it, Brockers is exactly what we need for a 5 technique, and if he gets past Carolina I think trading up isn't out of the question.

Barron seems to be generating a lot of interest and is not likely to be around late in the first. Unlike many Pat's fan I think he would be a good pick for us, redundancy with Chung notwithstanding.

The three OLB's I think that might fit us are McClellin, Branch and Curry. Branch sorta scares me though from the various scouting reports I've read.

There are quite a few CB's that would be good choices, at least on paper. I'd stay away from Jenkins, too many off the field question marks.
I love DeCastro but I completely agree with you. DeCastro is the better prospect, but Zeitler is an absolute beast and one of my three or four favorite prospects in this class (along with DeCastro). I would definitely take DeCastro over him, but there is no way we could get him unless we move up a lot. Zeitler should be there at 27 or even 31 and I would be very happy with him. I don't think you can go wrong with either but you don't see teams move up a lot in the first for interior OL, no matter how special DeCastro looks.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just thought I'd share this in here and see what you have to say about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
The more I think of it I find it increasingly likely that NE won't make any selections in the first round this year. There are a lot of players with late first round or early first round value and when BB has many players valued equally he'll most likely trade down. People are going to trade up for Adams, Fleener, Jenkins, Randle etc... We're most likely to come out of this draft with another first next year at least, possibly two, and/or another second round pick this year. The weird part of that is me being somewhat OK with that. I just want Chandler Jones and then I'll be happy to move on from this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know Razor, for as much as you and I disagree that mock you have in your sig is pretty nice. The only thing I'd change is that first pick for J. Jenkins or Zeitler.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
You know Razor, for as much as you and I disagree that mock you have in your sig is pretty nice. The only thing I'd change is that first pick for J. Jenkins or Zeitler.
Wait, we disagree? ;) I've started to cool a bit about Konz tbh but I still feel like center needs to be upgraded if we're to reap the full benefits of having Brady the next 3 or 4 years. We could easily decide to postpone that to next year where the interior OL looks very strong as well, but Konz just has great size and technique. I'd love to overdraft him just to see what Scar can turn him in to.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:55 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Originally Posted by Razor
The more I think of it I find it increasingly likely that NE won't make any selections in the first round this year. There are a lot of players with late first round or early first round value and when BB has many players valued equally he'll most likely trade down. People are going to trade up for Adams, Fleener, Jenkins, Randle etc... We're most likely to come out of this draft with another first next year at least, possibly two, and/or another second round pick this year. The weird part of that is me being somewhat OK with that. I just want Chandler Jones and then I'll be happy to move on from this draft class.

I too think this is very likely. Get a 2&3 for one of them, and a late 2 and 1 next year (one of these years we'll cash in the extra 1st rounder, but this year doesn't look like that year). Personally there would be three guys I wouldn't pass at 27 if they dropped: Kirkpatrick, Hightower and Brockers.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Not that it matters, but Kiper's latest Patriot mock (posted on Reiss' blog):

Rd1 (27) C. Upshaw
Rd 1 (31) CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama
Rd 2 (48) CB Josh Robinson, Central Florida
Rd 2 (62) G Brandon Brooks, Miami (OH)
Rd 3 (93) WR Chris Givens, Wake Forest

The more I think on it, the more I also think JJ would be a good pick. We don't get a chance at a top flight corner often. Yes he has character issues and yes he may self destruct. Worth the risk IMO, especially given who will likely be available in that spot. If we did take him, I wouldn't take another corner at 48 though. Edge rusher (V. Curry?) or maybe a speed rusher (e.g. B. Irvin.) Will need a guard next year so Brooks isn't bad, but I'd probably go Brandon Taylor there, reach though it may be. I don't know anything about Chris Givens. A developmental receiver or RB who offers return value might be a better choice there .

edit: As far as Upshaw, despite his poor measurables I think he'll be a solid player. We could do a lot worse at 27. I read somewhere some scout said he didn't see Upshaw misread a single play. Great instincts and football IQ can overcome lack of speed.

Last edited by Blackluck : 04-19-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Just a thought: If Richardson falls beyond #4 to 8, 9 or 10 do we trade up and get him?

Quote:
Old 04-21-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Absolutely.

Edit: I don't know if BB would, but our offense with that running back would be nigh unstoppable. Of course if that were to happen (which I cannot imagine) we'd have a fair bit of competition with teams trying to trade up.

Last edited by Blackluck : 04-21-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Normally I would say yes, but the cost to do that would pretty much eliminate any ability to improve the defense through this draft (unless BB is throwing in future first rounders, which I can't imagine him doing). That would mean another year of bad defense and I think that needs to be fixed more than we need a back, as much as I would love to see Trent in the backfield with Ridley and Vereen as the change of pace guys.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

But we wouldn't need defense.

And I'm only half joking.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Just a thought: If Richardson falls beyond #4 to 8, 9 or 10 do we trade up and get him?
Just a personal thing, but I don't really see Richardson as the clear cut best RB prospect since Peterson. He's a great back, but I'm not sure I'd trade multiple picks to get him. I think we'd get just as large of an improvement drafting a guy like Zeitler at 31 and running more with a traditional fullback as we would with Richardson. I think Ridley and Vereen are talented enough to be productive. I don't think with McDaniels as our OC we'll ever run enough with one back to warrant spending a high pick on Richardson.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

The more I think about it the more I want the Pats to trade down from 31 and up from 48. I really like the players at the top of the second. If we can get the kind of guy I think we can at 27 and 2 of the top of the 2nd type guys I think we can put together a really strong class.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've got Richardson after Luck in my rankings and think he'll be a really special player, but we spent two early round picks on running backs last year and do fine with a running back by comittee backfield. I'd rather improve the D then trade up for him.
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I don't think with McDaniels as our OC we'll ever run enough with one back to warrant spending a high pick on Richardson.
And that's a really great point. He had Dillon and Maroney (who did look very good at the start of his careeer) and they both rode the bench in the 2nd half of most games, including the AFCC against the Colts when they had a big lead to protect. You'd have to wonder if spending a high pick on RB is a complete waste as long as Josh McD is running the offense.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
kennyb
Rookie

kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
Not that it matters, but Kiper's latest Patriot mock (posted on Reiss' blog):

Rd1 (27) C. Upshaw
Rd 1 (31) CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama
Rd 2 (48) CB Josh Robinson, Central Florida
Rd 2 (62) G Brandon Brooks, Miami (OH)
Rd 3 (93) WR Chris Givens, Wake Forest

The more I think on it, the more I also think JJ would be a good pick. We don't get a chance at a top flight corner often. Yes he has character issues and yes he may self destruct. Worth the risk IMO, especially given who will likely be available in that spot. If we did take him, I wouldn't take another corner at 48 though. Edge rusher (V. Curry?) or maybe a speed rusher (e.g. B. Irvin.) Will need a guard next year so Brooks isn't bad, but I'd probably go Brandon Taylor there, reach though it may be. I don't know anything about Chris Givens. A developmental receiver or RB who offers return value might be a better choice there .

edit: As far as Upshaw, despite his poor measurables I think he'll be a solid player. We could do a lot worse at 27. I read somewhere some scout said he didn't see Upshaw misread a single play. Great instincts and football IQ can overcome lack of speed.
That would be a horror. Upshaw is too slow. Jenkins with money would be a full time dope head.

I'm thinking...
barron
nick perry usc
donta' hightower

then later
kendall reyes
greg childs
Old 04-23-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb View Post
That would be a horror. Upshaw is too slow. Jenkins with money would be a full time dope head.

I'm thinking...
barron
nick perry usc
donta' hightower

then later
kendall reyes
greg childs
lol we def arent getting that lucky. barron will be gone by 16..... and i doubt we touch nick perry...... unfortunately :-(

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
lol we def arent getting that lucky. barron will be gone by 16..... and i doubt we touch nick perry...... unfortunately :-(
Mike Reiss mentioned in his quick hits on sunday the possibility of trading up in the 10-13 range to get Barron. He mentioned Pioli as an obvious trade partner and the fact that his guess is that Barron is the player that BB covets the most. I'm not sure how I feel about trading up for Barron, but if we do I'll still be happy that we got him. He's a very good safety and I think he could be great in this system. Reiss also mentioned Chandler Jones, Shea McClellin and Michael Brockers as players he thinks the Patriots are interested in. I'd be happy with all of them, but especially CJ. I wouldn't trade up for Brockers or McClellin, but I would for the others.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

barron would be awesome, but the price will be too high IMO to trade up to get mark barron. i just dont see it happening at all

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:30 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really really hope we don't trade up for Barron.
Honestly, I hope we don't trade up for anyone.
I think the talent from the middle of the first round til the middle of the 2nd is pretty much even
I like H.Smith as a better compliment to Chung anyways

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I really really hope we don't trade up for Barron.
Honestly, I hope we don't trade up for anyone.
I think the talent from the middle of the first round til the middle of the 2nd is pretty much even
I like H.Smith as a better compliment to Chung anyways
Depends on the pricetag. Barron is a great player I think but I would only like to trade up a maximum of 5-6 slots for him.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote