Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-03-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Justin Blackmon

2.Michael Floyd

3.Alshon Jeffrey

4.Dwight Jones

5.Ryan Broyles

6.Nick Toon

7.Jauron Criner

8.Jeff Fuller

I agree with others, Wright, Sanu and Hilton could be solid prospects.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

Last edited by DeathbyStat : 11-03-2011 at 12:50 PM.
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
TaylorMade
Rookie

TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TaylorMade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Re: Blackmon

Really? I think he is much better than Jeffery. What about him do you not like?
I don't see elite body control when the ball is in the air for Blackmon.

I'll add WR Marvin Jones out of Cal as a sleeper!

Redskins: 4 time offseason Champions, '00, '04, '06, '09
TaylorMade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Ryan Broyles seems like a cross between Derrick Mason and Steve Smith. (other one)

Agree/Disagree?
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with the 6th overall pick in the 2012 draft. The Jaguars select Wr. Ok State. Justin Blackmon.
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
What are the opinions of Mohamed Sanu?

I watched some highlight tapes of him and he looks like a RB when the ball gets into his hands.
I'm a huge fan of Sanu. I've said before he reminds me of a bigger Percy Harvin. He's not nearly as fast, but I think he's the best combination of size, speed, and open field ability in the draft. He's more athlete than WR at this point, but he's getting there pretty fast. A guy that can play outside or in the slot. Not going to be a deep threat, but can do everything else a WR needs to do. I like him in the 3-step game to get off the line and get open quick on a slant or an out toward the sideline. In the 5-step game, he can do a lot of damage running crossing routes or deep ins. He can be a huge factor in the WR screen game. Can play wildcat QB.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would still have Alshon Jeffery #1 and Justin Blackmon #2. I think Fuller is a 3rd day selection, don't see what people see in him.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
Ryan Broyles seems like a cross between Derrick Mason and Steve Smith. (other one)

Agree/Disagree?
I think he's a cross between Mark Clayton and a decent WR (pick one).

a couple more things:

-I still think Alshon Jeffery has more upside than any other WR in this class including Michael Floyd, which is saying something....though his bust factor is relatively high

-There is an unecessary lack of DeVier Posey in these rankings. People seem to forget about his talent due to his 10 game suspension, kinda like they forgot about Mike Adams until he was reinstated. If the dude can learn to catch the ball a little better he has #1 WR potential.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
But Clayton wasn't nearly the route runner Broyles is coming out of college.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post

a couple more things:

-I still think Alshon Jeffery has more upside than any other WR in this class including Michael Floyd, which is saying something....though his bust factor is relatively high

-There is an unecessary lack of DeVier Posey in these rankings. People seem to forget about his talent due to his 10 game suspension, kinda like they forgot about Mike Adams until he was reinstated. If the dude can learn to catch the ball a little better he has #1 WR potential.
You seem to be forgetting that he only runs one route well, the go...
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd project them to be drafted in this order:

1. Justin Blackmon (top-10)
2. Alshon Jeffery
3. Michael Floyd (10-20)
4. Ryan Broyles (30-40)
5. Jeff Fuller
6. Nick Toon
7. Dwight Jones (40-50)
8. Juron Criner (60-70)

I could see Brian Quick fitting into the second round on a team like the Jets or Chargers.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas357 View Post
with the 6th overall pick in the 2012 draft. The Jaguars select Wr. Ok State. Justin Blackmon.
Not sure Jacksonville would draft him. Gene Smith is all about character and loves drafting seniors. Blackmon is an underclassman with a DUI.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Not sure Jacksonville would draft him. Gene Smith is all about character and loves drafting seniors. Blackmon is an underclassman with a DUI.
We'd totally get Blackmon if he's there. There's no way we'd pass him up...we need a WR.....badly
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
But Clayton wasn't nearly the route runner Broyles is coming out of college.
i don't know everything about Oklahoma's offense, but if it's anything like Oklahoma State's, then the receivers only run a few routes in the route tree that are actually used in the pros. Justin Blackmon has basically no route running skills and he'll be the first WR drafted. TO and Ochocinco and lots of other good WRs never were ever good route runners. It's much more important for slot guys like Broyles though.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

alshon looks like a scrub compared to blackmon at this point.

I want Blackmon high, or then sanu late 1st round. there is no in between
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
We'd totally get Blackmon if he's there. There's no way we'd pass him up...we need a WR.....badly
You need a QB even badlier.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Blackmon and Floyd are the top 2 WRs.. HOWEVER due to the crazy size to Jeffery teams could love that I think those 3 go in the first.

As far as sleepers I like Martavious Odoms/Tavarres King (UGA)
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What can people tell me about Kendall Wright from Baylor? I haven't paid attention to him at all and have only watched one Baylor game all year but that was mostly to watch RG3. I've seen Wright's name being mentioned more in different places so I want to learn more about him now.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T.Y Hilton needs to be in everyone's top 5.

I think Blackmon has leaped a head of Alshon for me though.

1. Justin Blackmon
2. Alshon Jeffery
3. Michael Floyd
4. T.Y Hilton
5. Dwight Jones
6. Ryan Broyles
7. Mohamed Sanu
8. Stephen Hill
Old 11-16-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Kendall Wright is a small, fast slot receiver who is great after the catch. I think he could be a sleeper late 1st/early 2nd round pick. I think Scott mentioned him in his most recent hot list.

Floyd is the one receiver who is looking like the best pro prospect this season. He is doing some things Blackmon isn't and probably would go first if not for off-field and injury issues in his past. Blackmon is more like a Boldin/Bryant/Crabtree type while Floyd is more like Larry Fitzgerald in his style of play.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
What can people tell me about Kendall Wright from Baylor? I haven't paid attention to him at all and have only watched one Baylor game all year but that was mostly to watch RG3. I've seen Wright's name being mentioned more in different places so I want to learn more about him now.
I'm really starting to buy into him as a 2nd round WR, and could end up being a Mike Wallace type WR in the NFL. He has outstanding speed and will be able to be a down the field threat and also a good underneath option on short routes.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this draft is going to go a lot like last year's draft.

I think you see 2 top 15 WRs (Blackmon then Floyd). But not as high as last year with Green and Julio Jones.

Then I think Jeffrey goes in the early to mid 20s just like Jon Baldwin did. I think teams will shy from him, despite his talent because he hasn't put it altogether this year. But when you get to teams late in the first or teams trading up from the early 2nd, I think they'll see that size on the board and make a move.

Then I think Kendall Wright sneaks in there early 2nd, the way Titus Young did last year. Then mid-to-late 2nd you'll have guys like Sanu, Dwight Jones, and maybe Nick Toon or Juron Criner sneaking in there before the start of the 3rd.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:09 AM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I'm really starting to buy into him as a 2nd round WR, and could end up being a Mike Wallace type WR in the NFL. He has outstanding speed and will be able to be a down the field threat and also a good underneath option on short routes.
I just watched a few video packages on him and I like the Mike Wallace comparison a lot because I saw a lot of plays where he would line up outside and remain stionary while Griffin threw a quick pass over to him just to get the ball in his hands and let him do the rest with his speeed. Wallace does that all the time. I came away very impressed with what I saw. I don't know if he's quite as tall as Wallace but he's definitely got the wheels and looks to have nice hands too. Thanks for the rundown. I'll make sure to try and try and find a Baylor game on the tube again before the end of the season.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Jack203
Rookie

Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What makes Kendall Wright better then Jarius Wright, Joe Adams, TY Hilton, Patrick Edwards..just to name a few....
Jack203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh God please let Michael Floyd drop to the Bills.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack203 View Post
What makes Kendall Wright better then Jarius Wright, Joe Adams, TY Hilton, Patrick Edwards..just to name a few....
While all those prospect are really fast, Wright just looks smooth at WR and is a true playmaker when the ball is in his hands. Wright is a WR with elite speed, not an athlete with great speed playing WR. Also Kendall's Wright's production is by far better than all those prospects.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote