Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-08-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
56crash
Rookie

56crash hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

[quote=ArkyRamsFan;2735223]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56crash View Post
I get it he is not on a sexy QB type team .../QUOTE]

What in the world are you blathering about? Bobby Petrino runs a pro-style offense that is known to be very QB friendly.

I mean at least many of the people who have played for him have put up some rather decent numbers that are certainly more legit than the inflated Chuck and Duck and spread system garbage we see in today's college football.
How many QB's are in the NFL that are starting that come from Bobby Petrino or the Razorbacks..

yep
56crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
56crash
Rookie

56crash hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Despite this guy's insane lack of grammar, he is onto something.

No, Tyler Wilson is not the best quarterback in college football. I do believe he is the third best qb prospect in the nation behind Luck and Barkley. I like the kid a lot and he has some very nice natural ability. The kid is no Brian Brohm; he shows a much bigger arm than Brohm ever did.

Still, borderline 1st Rounder. There is a lot to like, but very little on tape right now.
because I type to save words...both the guys you list as better have rubber arms ! Wilson is strong armed,accurate and a fighter, is able to come back and not over press .

Last edited by 56crash : 11-08-2011 at 10:28 AM.
56crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyler Wilson is the second best QB and the second best QB prospect in college football.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Tyler Wilson is the second best QB and the second best QB prospect in college football.
without a doubt...with every week he is working his way closer to Andrew Luck and pulls away from the rest of the competition

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have Barkley #2, but Wilson is right up there with Jones and RG3 if he wants to declare.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Wilson is far closer to Luck than he is to Barkley/Jones/etc

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm naturally lukewarm on Petrino QB's, but Wilson could potentially make some noise if he comes out. That could well happen depending on how the other dominoes in the quarterback class fall too. The whole quarterback class after Luck is pretty static, actually. I'm personally pretty high on Barkley, but I'm willing to bet not everyone will be in scouting circles.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Clarkw267
Rookie

Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Clarkw267 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Wilson, but he's definitely behind Barkley IMO.

I would fit him somewhere in the top of the 2nd round right now.
Clarkw267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:07 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkw267 View Post
I like Wilson, but he's definitely behind Barkley IMO.

I would fit him somewhere in the top of the 2nd round right now.
Yeah, it's hard to put him ahead of Barkley due to the lack of experience right now, Barkley's a three year starter, Wilson only has a year and change at this point.

I do think that if Barkley stays, which is very possible at this point, Wilson might want to consider coming out early. Similar situation to Sanchez & Bradford in 09 when Sanchez decided to go after Bradford stayed.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:17 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a little sample of why I'm so high on Wilson. I just think he an exceptionally talented quarterback who is really the total package. I'm really not trying to do the whole 'bring a guy up by knocking another guy down' thing but there are some throws here that Luck or Barkley or Griffin just can't make right now. His velocity on some of throws is just so impressive. You can tell he's just a very natural passer. Yes, these are all 'highlights' but still, they give us of sense of Wilson's ability to make big time NFL throws.

2:37 - Deep out to the short side of the field but still nice zip and placement....makes it look routine.

4:04 - WR is really open but he stands in there and delivers it while get smacked in the face.

4:17 - The play after he takes a huge hit....this throw speaks for itself

8:17 - WOW! That's all I can say.

0:08 - Throws a 20+ yard out on a line and converts on 3rd and 19.

0:40 - Great movement in the pocket to avoid the rush, makes the throw off balance and still gets a lot of zip on it.

1:07 - and yes he can throw the deep ball....we can see him go through his reads and he finds Wright on his 3rd read, perfect placement and doesn't need any extra motion to get the ball that deep.

4:18 - Beautiful throw from near the far hash, drops it 20+ yards down field right behind the CB and in front of the safety vs. Cover 2. makes it look effortless.

0:56 - Shows off a very quick release under heavy duress.

4:36 - Throws the ball on a frozen rope on a 15 yard dig.

5:47 - Just a routine 40 yard TD strike.

3:27 - Another throw down the sideline where he drops in the hole against Cover 2.

4:13 - Drives the ball into a tight window on a crosser and hits his WR in stride.

3:23 - Great touch and placement on the deep ball.

Last edited by TACKLE : 11-21-2011 at 06:15 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Wilson can lead Arkansas over LSU, I can see him jumping up on all the big boards and mock drafts. He has the best arm of Luck/Barkley/RG3/Jones, and I wouldn't be surprised to see his name be mentioned in the Heisman race. I have ranked as the 4th best QB for now, but I won't be surprised to see him contending with Barkley for the #2 spot after the LSU game.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 11-21-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the more I watch of Wilson (and I'm already a huge fan) the more tempted I am to put him ahead of Andrew Luck and may even vault him to the #1 prospect spot...he's got the arm strength (can literally make every throw), his deep balls don't drift like Luck/RGIII, has mobility (not RGIII caliber but he's got the ability to escape pressure and move around in the pocket), and he's becoming better week-in and week-out on reading defenses and determining where to go with the football (which he was absolutely spot on with in the Mississippi State game)

Old 11-25-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Wilson has looks alright 1 half in against LSU, down 7 now though. We will see if he can lead his team to a comeback...

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 11-25-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I'm really liking Wilson's pocket presence and his ability to take hits after the throw. He is a tough SOB and hasn't been afraid of this LSU defense. We will see if he can get it into the end zone here for Arkansas.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 11-25-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with TACKLE and fenikz, Wilson is the real deal. I don't think he's right there with Luck yet, but I don't think I'd question for a second someone saying he's as good as Barkley or better then Landry Jones. The more I see of Wilson, the more impressive he is. There are some throws in those highlight videos that are downright astounding. He's made some excellent throws in this game as well. I'm riding the bandwagon, this kid is a legitimate contender for Top 5 status.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after this game I don't see him declaring

Old 11-25-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I only saw Wilson declaring if they won this game. He would benefit the most out of all the top QBs if he decides to stay another year

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 11-25-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Second game watching Wilson, but he didn't look like a first round QB. His arm is average, accuracy is average, pocket presence is solid. I really don't see how he's better than Landry Jones.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Second game watching Wilson, but he didn't look like a first round QB. His arm is average, accuracy is average, pocket presence is solid. I really don't see how he's better than Landry Jones.
you need to watch more than a game against one of the nation's top defenses and a game where his o-line was clearly outmatched because your evaluation of his skills are off.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like his arm and pocket presence. the stigma of playing in bobby petrino's offense which inflates his statistics doesn't help. having to follow a guy like ryan mallett who put up big numbers last year for arkansas but had much better size and arm strength makes him seem not as good as he really is as well i think.

if he came out this year i certainly would take luck, barkley, jones, and griffin first, though I think with a great senior year he could eclipse a few of those guys as a superior prospect.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
you need to watch more than a game against one of the nation's top defenses and a game where his o-line was clearly outmatched because your evaluation of his skills are off.
Maybe hes just not as good as you hype him up to be. Petrino QB's always get the hype until draft time.

The elite prospects show up in games like these. He looked somewhat mediocre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Luck looks mediocre in most all his games, do you think he isn't an elite prospect?

Old 11-25-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Maybe hes just not as good as you hype him up to be. Petrino QB's always get the hype until draft time.

The elite prospects show up in games like these. He looked somewhat mediocre.
most of the game he had absolutely no pocket to work from...you place any quarterback in that situation and he's not gonna play to his potential

and after the roughing the passer penalty he took in the 3rd quarter he wasn't the same player

Old 11-27-2011, 01:46 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Luck looks mediocre in most all his games, do you think he isn't an elite prospect?
Why? Because of his stat line? Because he doesnt throw the ball 40 times a game? Or???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson should go back to school. He's a one-year starter competing against a bunch of prospects who have extensive starting experience under their belts.