Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-07-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I've heard rumors of Meyer to the NFL (ironically I've heard Stephen Ross wants him in Miami), Penn State, Ohio State, and we'll probably hear more to every team that has a coaching opening this year. Wouldn't be surprised if he stays in retirement either...

As a Penn Stater, these two articles hit home soooo hard. Obviously written by PSU students but just wanted to share how some current students are feeling...

http://onwardstate.com/2011/11/07/dont-blame-joe/

http://onwardstate.com/2011/11/07/ho...roke-my-heart/
It has to absolutely blow to be a student right now. A living legend is getting rocked and your school administrators are embroiled in some of the nastiest scandal you can have.

Alums can do something about it. Pressure on donations (since you mentioned that they fund the school so much) is number one. But a student really has little power.

WRT Meyer, I don't see him coaching in the near future, either. PSU and OSU are hot on the rumor mill but don't make much sense to me.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sorry joe, its just that (like eaglesalltheway said) there have been some terrible anti-psu stuff out there since the news broke, and its not like the student body is taking this lightly. we dont want to be associated with those crimes anymore than JoePa does. its just an awful situation.

i didnt come to this school because of their football program, but id be lying if i said it wasnt one of my favorite aspects of penn state. as far as im concerned, other than the scumbags being accused/investigated, the penn state football community shouldnt be viewed in a negative light. we welcome opposing fans to our tailgates, rarely boo refs/other teams, and used to pride ourselves on a great atmosphere surrounding our program. it sucks a few monsters ruined it. now the school MUST clean house and start anew.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont know if ive said this in here yet.. i read the 23 page report and it was one of the most horrifying things ive ever laid my eyes on. as a big brother and cousin, i cannot imagine how the victims and their families are dealing with this. i hope that the school stops aiding the assholes who allegedly covered this up, and start devoting time and resources to the victims' needs
Old 11-07-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
sorry joe, its just that (like eaglesalltheway said) there have been some terrible anti-psu stuff out there since the news broke, and its not like the student body is taking this lightly. we dont want to be associated with those crimes anymore than JoePa does. its just an awful situation.

i didnt come to this school because of their football program, but id be lying if i said it wasnt one of my favorite aspects of penn state. as far as im concerned, other than the scumbags being accused/investigated, the penn state football community shouldnt be viewed in a negative light. we welcome opposing fans to our tailgates, rarely boo refs/other teams, and used to pride ourselves on a great atmosphere surrounding our program. it sucks a few monsters ruined it. now the school MUST clean house and start anew.
Apology accepted :) It's a rotten situation that is highly emotionally charged. I'd likely be much less civil at that time in my life.

No one should be mocking PSU fans, alums, or students. That's pathetic.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is reassuring to see that the PSU fans/alums that are responding here are taking this seriously and aren't attacking the victims which is so often the case when an institution comes under scrutiny.

I lose a lot of faith in humanity when I see how the catholic church and other entities treat victims and protect molestors. What we seem to be seeing here is some rogues with a lot of power acting from behind a veil and keeping information from a community that would rather have this dealt with properly from the start.

I feel for you guys having your school associated with this, but you are showing character that gives me hope that at some point others will think to do the right thing from the start knowing they have the backing of their community.

I will try to be respectful when discussing this. It is a very emotional issue for me having family and friends that are victims of pediphiles. These crimes often do damage that is lifelong and reaches far beyond a single degenerats personal victims.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Totally agree that the NCAA had no jurisdiction.
I wouldn't be overly surprised if they get involved if Sandusky is found guilty. With part of the crime occurring while Sandusky was an NCAA coach, they could try to get involved if they choose to.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I wouldn't be overly surprised if they get involved if Sandusky is found guilty. With part of the crime occurring while Sandusky was an NCAA coach, they could try to get involved if they choose to.
On what basis, though? What NCAA rule? I don't know the rule book so there may be something in there. I guess it would be something to do with illegal behaviors?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No need for the NCAA to grandstand on this one, especially if one of their officials heard rumors about Sandusky years ago.

At the end of this scandal, I think it will be discovered that Paterno knew more about this suspected pedophile on his coaching staff and the best Paterno could do, or chose to do, was force Sandusky to retire with full benefits as one of the program's most respected figures after reporting allegations of sexual misconduct by one of his grad assistants to University adminstrators.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Joe Paterno should step down. He's going to have a press conference tomorrow and he won't be able to not answer the media tomorrow about the allegations, which is probably going to take up the entire conference. What a terrible way to go out. But he should have followed up on this instead of doing what he was legally bound to do. I don't know how you can feel comfortable with this guy around for another six or so years. I'm not a big college football fan, but this goes beyond football. Regardless of what Paterno has done on the field as a coach, as a person with a good or even decent moral sense of character we all want folks to have in this day and age, he should have done more.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 11-07-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paterno stepping down/being fired....yes. The whole jail thing, a little extreme. Sandusky, if found guilty, needs to rot. Hate to see the Paterno career end this way.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How could Paterno let him come to a closed practice with little boys and not say anything after he had already known what this ass was capable of. I can't believe Paterno hasn't stepped down yet. This whole thing is very sickening to say the least.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
But a student really has little power.
If you think a student protest won't be heard at this point, you're wrong. carry signs to the game with messages on them directed at the situation.

I guarantee you that Penn State wants to do whatever will expunge this from their standing right now.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As if there is not a big dark cloud over college football. Reading that report made me absolutely cringe inside. How did the police not stop him after being caught in the shower and confessing the first time through the parent?

How does a wife take to this? Does he have kids?

Antoine Dodson warned us of people like this.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
How does a wife take to this? Does he have kids?
He has a wife and 6 adopted kids.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
..............****...
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah, the story gets more disgusting as it unfolds. Do you cry or throwup?
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder if Sandusky did anything inappropriate with his own children. I really hope not, but after reading that report, it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I was wondering that as well when I was reading it. One of his sons works in the Browns organization or something, right?

Just about as ugly as it can possibly get, unfortunately. As far as the NCAA is concerned, it wouldn't surprise me if they jumped in on this because of how close Sandusky was to the athletic program and some of it taking place during his tenure as a coach. I'm not sure it would be right and it certainly shouldn't bring anyone peace or retribution from this, but how often does the NCAA do the right thing? These guys are all going to jail for a very long time. Taking away a few scholarships from the freaking football team kind of seems self important and childish when you are dealing with something like this.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly want to know why this didn't come out when JoePa was tipped off/tipped off his AD and VP. I can see that they probably wanted to keep it under wraps to avoid scandal at Penn State (which is sick on their part if that's true), but why didn't Paterno come out at expose the coverup? It's not like they could fire Paterno for doing thatt. A lot of the details to this don't make sense to me, it's very messed up. Letting a guy get away with raping kids is about as low as you can humanly get.

(edit) after seeing what Paterno let Sandusky do after the complaints and incidents in 98 and 02, I can see why some people are saying he should get fired or even go to jail. it's very screwed up.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 11-07-2011 at 11:20 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I honestly want to know why this didn't come out when JoePa was tipped off/tipped off his AD and VP. I can see that they probably wanted to keep it under wraps to avoid scandal at Penn State (which is sick on their part if that's true), but why didn't Paterno come out at expose the coverup? It's not like they could fire Paterno for doing thatt. A lot of the details to this don't make sense to me, it's very messed up. Letting a guy get away with raping kids is about as low as you can humanly get.
The only thing that I can come up with is that Sandusky had some blackmail of some sort on PSU or JoePa.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:40 AM    (permalink
kontrolluz
Rookie

kontrolluz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

get him booted from his job. There's no way he should be allowed to coach another game after this. How a recruit, or a recruits mom, could ever trust him to look out for the players best interest is beyond me.
kontrolluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:02 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Just listened to Jim Rome. He burned Paterno bad.

Quote:
Old 11-08-2011, 06:52 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reminds me of this.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/10766548/

Quote:
“There’s some tough — there’s so many people gravitating to these kids. He may not have even known what he was getting into, Nicholson. They knock on the door; somebody may knock on the door; a cute girl knocks on the door. What do you do?”
Naked tickle fight in showers, what else is Sandusky to do?

He's old and very outdated. Paterno has no values and is just a mascot that represents Penn State. PSU is better than Paterno. Losing him would be no big deal.

**oh yeah and I remember this episode too**

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/n...ory?id=3504915

Fair criticism or not, its a terrible downward spiral that showcases an exceeding lack of judgement and attention demanded of college coaches.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 11-08-2011 at 07:02 AM. Reason: added espn otl
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:27 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sandusky's behavior IMO is separate from the program. Being an open pedophile doesn't reflect a greater permissiveness throughout the PSU football team.
If this had been a player or assistant coach, they would have been arrested in the middle of practice the minute these allegations came out.

The only real concern I have is whether or not Paterno shielded arguably his best friend on his coaching staff from criminal prosecution.

It's almost like getting caught for embezzling funds from your job after working there for 30 years, and instead of being fired and arrested, you're allowed to 'retire' with full benefits.

It will be very interesting to hear what Penn State's AD and University President say the next time they're under oath, and whether or not they implicate Paterno.