Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-08-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
McQueary was scared. Not right or wrong, just disappointing.
At least he told someone and I can't blame him for going to his father first.

If Paterno had seen this, you think HE would have told a soul???
Sandusky is JoePa's BFF, or was.
Scared of what though? It's not like JoePa would have had him killed or something. I understand it's hard to understand what the thinking was but I just don't see a reason to defend his actions.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Scared of what though? It's not like JoePa would have had him killed or something. I understand it's hard to understand what the thinking was but I just don't see a reason to defend his actions.
Making a private matter public. That's career suicide. If Penn State fired him, no one else would have hired him, like it or not.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Making a private matter public. That's career suicide. If Penn State fired him, no one else would have hired him, like it or not.
Your logic is way wrong here.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Apparently, Paterno is scheduling his own press conference or something, independent of Penn State. Supposedly, there's a major divide there right now. Can't possibly bode well for his hopes of finishing the season.
If he does that, he may be fired with cause.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No one is going to hire him now, and he's going to be a hell of a lot worse off for not doing the right thing in the first place. I am getting annoyed at all of this "this is what you are supposed to do" or "he was scared" crap, this is ******* rape of a ten year old we're talking about. This is so much worse than any other scandal that the NCAA has been through.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No way. Career suicide because he turned in a child rapist? Just no.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-08-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently a large crowd of students are outside of JoePa's house cheering in support of him.

Cognitive dissonance is a powerful thing.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No one is going to hire him now, and he's going to be a hell of a lot worse off for not doing the right thing in the first place. I am getting annoyed at all of this "this is what you are supposed to do" or "he was scared" crap, this is ******* rape of a ten year old we're talking about. This is so much worse than any other scandal that the NCAA has been through.
It absolutely is. It makes the recruiting scandals trivial. The NCAA won't have a leg to stand on though I don't think to penalize PSU.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-08-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Is Mcqueary finally the one to prove as fact that gingers don't have souls?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-08-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It absolutely is. It makes the recruiting scandals trivial. The NCAA won't have a leg to stand on though I don't think to penalize PSU.
I would be totally shocked if the NCAA doesn't have grounds to punish PSU. Almost every agreement known to man has a "moral clause" in it. It is specifically to punish stuff like this.

I don't know specifically if the NCAA has that moral clause, but I would bet on it.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, 9 kids? Sandusky is doing Tiger Woods numbers. What a sick ****.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This.

His career is basically over. No school is going to touch somebody who walked out of a room where the rape of a 10 year old child was taking place, without even calling the cops. He's going to be remembered for being tacitly involved in the biggest scandal in the history of NCAA football.

Students would go berserk, and boosters would go berserk.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SO who was the bad guy in the 1998 incident??
Paterno could have ended this a long time ago.

It makes no sense to hold McQueary more accountable than the AD/VP/University president or JoePa.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, McQueary is done in college football now. A lot of good putting his career ahead of doing the right thing did him. That's maybe the one good thing to come out of this; none of the guys who kept this quiet have any kind of professional future. Cowardice and indifference when you witness a child being ******* raped is absolutely unjustifiable. I would rather lose any kind of career I had than do what he did. How he lived with the fact Sandusky was still a presence around campus, let alone was still a presence with children...man. Give me a five dollar an hour job working a fryer over that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It makes no sense to hold McQueary more accountable than the AD/VP/University president or JoePa.
I don't hold McQueary more accountable than the lot, I think the AD/VP are absolutely horrific human beings and so is the Second Mile coordinator that continued to let it happen. I just called him a coward, which is what he is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-08-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Totally agree.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't think that anybody is holding him more accountable than JoePa et al. Two of those people are facing criminal charges. McQueary's story in this situation is just a bit more disturbing, because he's the only person within the football program, that we know of, who was an eye-witness to the abuse.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

The number of identified victims is now close to 20.

Kill yourself, Sandusky. Please. Just do it. None of these men and boys should be forced to testify.

I want pain for him, but screw it, he should just go away ASAP.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
The number of identified victims is now close to 20.

Kill yourself, Sandusky. Please. Just do it. None of these men and boys should be forced to testify.

I want pain for him, but screw it, he should just go away ASAP.
I just saw that too. Yea, I wouldn't be surprised if this vile POS just kills himself.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

That would be the easy way out........I don't like the easy way out. I want him punished.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-08-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That would be the easy way out........I don't like the easy way out. I want him punished.
I want him to suffer, but they need people to testify against him. Reliving that crap in the public eye, closed court or not, is something that I think would best be avoided.

Then, again, maybe it would great for some of those men to feel that they've done their part in making the bastard pay.

I just convinced myself that I'd rather have him suffer a billion jailhouse beatings and sexual violations.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pure Class

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah, McQueary is done in college football now. A lot of good putting his career ahead of doing the right thing did him. That's maybe the one good thing to come out of this; none of the guys who kept this quiet have any kind of professional future. Cowardice and indifference when you witness a child being ******* raped is absolutely unjustifiable. I would rather lose any kind of career I had than do what he did. How he lived with the fact Sandusky was still a presence around campus, let alone was still a presence with children...man. Give me a five dollar an hour job working a fryer over that.
Exactly how I feel about it. How any of these people can look in a mirror is beyond me. This isn't looking the other way when a booster kicks a fistful of bills to a player.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We Are

Old 11-08-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
We Are

Dude, not cool.