Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-26-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Your Favorite Wide Receiver

Same as the CB thread.

List who's your favorite and who you think Dallas would take at 22. You must also post a highlight clip of your favorite WR.

I'll start:
Favorite: Dwayne Jarrett
Prediction: Dwyane Jarrett
Highlight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy_f8tB5DwA
Comment: This guy should be a top 10 pick. Not much separates him from Calvin.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

Favorite:Dwayne Jarrett
Prediction:Dwayne Jarrett
Highlight:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUU_A9ZTmyk
Comment:Dwayne Jarrett has great hands, he uses his big frame as an advantage, might not have a great timed 40 but niether did keyshawn johnson, or emmitt smith, or even vince young...bottom line is this guy is a football player and reminds me of a ketshawn johnson.

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

How is Jerrett your favorite over Calvin Johnson?!?!?!
Old 03-26-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
How is Jerrett your favorite over Calvin Johnson?!?!?!
I think he means his favorite receiver that we have a snowball's chance in hell of drafting.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Favorite: Ted Ginn Jr.
Prediction: I don't think they'll take a WR.
Highlight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mar1q4af4Ag
Comment: This guy will be a mid first round pick. Having Olympic speed is his greatest asset. A great return man who has potential to be a deep threat WR in the NFL. He will spread your defense out.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ted Ginn Jr.

I've voiced this a million times so I'll keep it short. A guy who will compliment Hurd and Crayton. A guy who can contribute from day one. A player unlike any other player in the draft. Big risk big reward guy. A guy for TG to take under his wing.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwayne Bowe, durable
Old 03-26-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

No, D-Unit meant favorite WR in the draft, not someone who will be there. Anyway, no way it is Ted Ginn, Thule. He sucks. He shouldn't be looked at before the 3rd round IMO. Bad hands, HORRIBLE route running, and the only thing he can do is go deep, and that will be a alot harder in the NFL. Robert Meachum definitly.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite guy that may be available at our pick is Dwayne Bowe. This is a guy that can Owens can mentor. They're very similar (though Bowe isn't as... let's say vocal) and Bowe could eventually become our replacement for Owens as the #1 guy. He's nearly a complete WR. He's smart, big, fast, tough, and does all the little things.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CSvWf9-EN_g

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dwayne Jarrett BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fight On!
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, D-Unit meant favorite WR in the draft, not someone who will be there. Anyway, no way it is Ted Ginn, Thule. He sucks. He shouldn't be looked at before the 3rd round IMO. Bad hands, HORRIBLE route running, and the only thing he can do is go deep, and that will be a alot harder in the NFL. Robert Meachum definitly.
Stop telling people what I meant. You are not me. Say that to yourself 10 times. "I am not D-Unit. I am not D-Unit..." Geez!

Your opinion is stupid if you think Ginn shouldn't be taken before Round 3. Just stupid.

And what I meant was favorite WR that we have a chance of drafting, FYI. Anyone except CJ!

Go take your ritalin for today.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I like Ginn's speed, but him not so much, but I would be ok if we toook him
I like Jarretts height for the red zone, but would be kinda upset if we took him
I like Bowes physicality, I would be happy if we took him
I love meachem hes tall,fast, and has good hands.
saying that I think we end up(if we take a WR) taking Bowe because I dont think meachem will last til 22
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
My favorite guy that may be available at our pick is Dwayne Bowe. This is a guy that can Owens can mentor. They're very similar (though Bowe isn't as... let's say vocal) and Bowe could eventually become our replacement for Owens as the #1 guy. He's nearly a complete WR. He's smart, big, fast, tough, and does all the little things.

Bowe would be a solid selection.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Show me something, anything that Meachem has done. if Teddy Ginn is drafted, at the very least he'll be able to return kick offs or punts. If any other WR is drafted, besides Calvin, you'll see them riding the bench behind Owens, Glenn, and Crayton (unless one gets hurt).

There's knocks on every WR in the draft except Calvin. I'm just trying to buy into Meachem, hoping its not another Troy Williamson. A guy who had his stock rise quickly towards draft day. I'd like to see some clips if anyone has any, or youtube it.

Last edited by dc4life : 03-26-2007 at 07:00 PM.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

You mean Ginn not the next Williamson, right? How can Meachem be a Williamson. Anyway, Meachem has the best hands in the draft, ginn's are below average, Meachem is easily a better route runner, and they are in the same area in speed (meachem runs a 4.39). Oh and Meachem is way bigger and not a women. And he had 11 TD's, Ginn had 6, plus Meachem had more catches and yards. So the production is better as well.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You mean Ginn not the next Williamson, right? How can Meachem be a Williamson. Anyway, Meachem has the best hands in the draft, ginn's are below average, Meachem is easily a better route runner, and they are in the same area in speed (meachem runs a 4.39). Oh and Meachem is way bigger and not a women. And he had 11 TD's, Ginn had 6, plus Meachem had more catches and yards. So the production is better as well.
Timmy Chang set the NCAA passing record...take your stats somewhere else. I actually do believe there is some substance in college stats...guys like DJ who have proved themselves against top competition for instance. But comments like best hands in the draft with nothing to back it up makes this post have less meaning that it didn't even have.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-26-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

If you have seen Meachem play you know how good his hands are. And if you saw the combinE Guantlet drill, he EASILY was the most fluid and had the best hands of the draft.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Stop telling people what I meant. You are not me. Say that to yourself 10 times. "I am not D-Unit. I am not D-Unit..." Geez!

Your opinion is stupid if you think Ginn shouldn't be taken before Round 3. Just stupid.

And what I meant was favorite WR that we have a chance of drafting, FYI. Anyone except CJ!

Go take your ritalin for today.
I thought you meant any WR. SORRY......

Oh and I don't take Ritalin, but just to inform you, that is a very outdated drug, and no one takes that anymore. It has been outdated for a while now actually.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Jarrett for be. His production in big games is simply amazing, as are his hands and ability in the air. I agree with D-Unit, he should be a top 10 pick.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post

i like i like, as much as id be against WR rd 1, i really like the film on him, and even more so due to us having TO, who he really could learn alot from since their play looks similiar...thats the advantage to taking a position you dont really need in the first, he gets the opportunity to learn everything before thrust into the offense because he would probably start the year as our #4, but could very well end up the #1 next year....although he did remind me alot more of reggie williams from the clips

and i wish some people would stop going so crazy over trying to prove their points on who is the best, people get this stuff wrong every year, and we should realize as deep as this WR class is, all these wr's could very well end up being solid for whatever team...looks like it could end up like the 04 draft for wr's....

fitzgerald
roy williams
reggie williams
lee evans

and throw in jenkins and clayton, that was a pretty strong year, and this looks like a year where when looking back at least 4 of the first rd wr's will be very productive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

The catch at about 2:30 of the clip D-Unit posted shows why Jarrett is my favorite...the move and then the hands. He is phenomenal.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

One concern I've noticed about Jarrett while watching highlight tapes: he never seems to run full speed when running his routes.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

One guy that I used to be high on, but am not now is Craig Davis. I've watched some more of him, and just noticed that he doesn't catch the ball with his hands. He basket catches the ball and it's pretty damn horrible.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
One concern I've noticed about Jarrett while watching highlight tapes: he never seems to run full speed when running his routes.
I think because of his height that it's deceivig to the eyes. He has a long stride. Same with Vince Young and heck.. even Pat Watkins.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I would welcome DJ to the team...but his raw character really scares me off...I'd rather stay with the high character guys.

Designs by me
Quote: