Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-02-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

Pretty good. One of the most underrated parts of the ES games is the music.

Shes kinda cute... Thats the important part.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Shes kinda cute... Thats the important part.
It certainly does not hurt.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely love this. I have some Scandinavian background so anything really Viking esk has always peaked my interest.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Pretty cool list.

http://www.ugo.com/games/skyrims-best-companions
Old 12-08-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I prefer not to babysit companions. I'm used to solo adventuring since the days of Morrowind.

And their AI is so terrible. You pump them full of arrows if they rush ahead, they make sneaking impossible, and if you jump down a small ledge they take the long way around to catch back up to you.

Not worth the effort.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on the game if I want ride along companions or not. Bethesda companions? No thanks. I'd rather fly solo. Bioware...spread it on. Let's go get it, Garrus.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Completely different styles of game too. Bioware has had some great, memorable companions. Garrus, HK-47, Morrigan, Sten? **** yeah.

Elder Scrolls is definitely more of a solo questing adventure.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the companions as well. I just used Lydia to hold crap for me until I bought a house.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only time I ever took one with me anywhere was for the Boethiah quest.

Lydia is a total babe though, she can "honor my thane" whenever she feels like it.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda like the companions in the game :\ They are useful when I need someone to carry extra stuff!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcurio? I think was the best one. I took him with me on several quests and he actually lived for about 2 days with me....however he fell down a bottomless pit with all kinds of dragon bones, weapons, armor, etc so I was kind of screwed by losing him. My next 2 companions/mercs died within an hour and then my 3rd one has disappeared and now I can't get anymore companions because its glitched into thinking that he's still alive. I think he may be on the bottom of the ocean...

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite is Eraunder (sp?) from dawnstar. He is the only one that doesn't get in my way and is a pretty powerfull mage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After I accidentally killed Lydia (fire breath when the stupid ***** was fighting mobs like an idiot), I stopped using companions. They just get in the way.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked getting them for awhile mostly for the extra cargo space. I had Erik the Slayer for a couple and he was a beast, but like so many before him he perished on the field of battle. The worst part is when you have your companion loaded down with dragon bones, scales and various enchanted weapons and armor and having to search his corpse and decide what to keep and what to leave. I once walked from Windhelm to Whiterun over encumbered in the beginning of the game because the merchants of Wilndhelm ran out of money to give me. How do you buy a house? I found it awhile ago in Whiterun but at the time I was strapped for cash, now I can't remember where to buy it at.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buy a house from a steward in the Jarl's place.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Just for you BB.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/elder-scrolls-v/1214447p1.html

Game saves so you can play as Arnold, Ned Stark, Leonidas, Spartacus, or Taylor Swift for some reason.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm bored of my argonian warrior and want to make a new one to do the imperial quest line. Should I make a Battle mage guy (1 handed weapon + spells) or a stealth guy?
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Stealth/Archer is the way I'm running and it's pretty awesome. When they get into close range I just switch to two handed magic.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stealth archer is awesome, but i do have to admit that i am getting a little bored of one-shoting everyone from sneak mode.

Soon enough i am going to start a new character ~ straight up mage.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I am running the Stealth archer too... I plan to up the difficulty soon and move into archer duel wield and get away from the stealth aspect... its too OP.

I just married Mjoll and killed Aerin. He moved into my house with her and watched her sleep all creepy like. So while no one was around I shot him in the face with an arrow.

He is currently in the corner of my Housecarls room covered in barrels and buckets.

Mjoll was pissed for a few days but then she was okay. So to make up for it I decided to make her a full set of Ebony armor and a Battle axe. Shes happy again
Old 12-12-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I am running the Stealth archer too... I plan to up the difficulty soon and move into archer duel wield and get away from the stealth aspect... its too OP.

I just married Mjoll and killed Aerin. He moved into my house with her and watched her sleep all creepy like. So while no one was around I shot him in the face with an arrow.

He is currently in the corner of my Housecarls room covered in barrels and buckets.

Mjoll was pissed for a few days but then she was okay. So to make up for it I decided to make her a full set of Ebony armor and a Battle axe. Shes happy again
That is so awesome. Stuff like that makes me love this game.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Some funny explanations of why certain things are the way they are in Skyrim:

Quote:
1) In a lost Nordic Burial ritual, commonly thought to buy the departed passage to Sovngard, 3 gold septims are placed in a nearby urn to the dead (8 for business class). Unfortunately due to inflation, the cost for travel is now 20 gold septims, and many of the nordic dead simply lie around feeling very very angry about the whole thing. As many of these ancient nords only speak dragon language, the phrasing of "Hello Sir, could you by any chance give me a few gold to send a chap to Sovngard" is commonly misinterpreted by adventurers as a magical shout attacking them and promptly dispatch these unfortunate souls back into the limbo from whence they came. The Afterlife is no fun for a Nord.

2) The great Soap shortage continues to affect the lands of Skyrim. There was a brief import of the substance 9 years ago, which allowed men and women to get close enough to have children, but sadly have not been able to stomach the smell of a strong nord woman or man since. This would explain why children are not only protected by the gods.. but are all 8 years old.

3) Not famed for their intellect, The Newspapers of Skyrim Puzzle Page consists of "match pikchures wot luk the saem".
This is sufficient to perplex all adventurers in the realm and therefore deemed solid enough to lock the vaults of dangerous and valuable crypts with the same puzzle.

4) Skyrim Cuisine: Cook Meat, Add Salt, Add Carrot (Step 3 optional)
Skyrim has no 5 star.. or 2 star.. or even 1 star restaurants.

5) The legendary companions of Skyrim are no longer as respected as they used to be. In a time of war, and dragons.. nobody bothers to employ them to help except for menial tasks. This comes as little surprise to this researcher, as we observed that even when their city is under siege, they couldn't be bothered to get out of bed or put their bread down to lend a hand.
This may have something to do with a peculiar genetic trait exclusive to the companions where they will drop everything to chase a cat bandit, or play "fetch" for a lost item.

6) Sadly the Winterhold College is not held in high esteem by Nirns enchanters, as their members still hold firmly to the idea that to learn how something works you should "Smash it with a hammer".

7) Brawling is a popular pastime in local bars, so be careful. However, whilst weapons are strictly forbidden, there are no honour rules against wearing several layers of metal all over during these confrontatons.
Nords have yet to work out why they rarely win these disagreements.

8) Since the fall of the Mages Guild, magical knowledge has been severely compromised. Not only have the Mages of Skyrim forgotten half of their spells, they even managed to lose an entire branch of their craft. This was very careless of them.

9) The Dark Brotherhood employed too many Nords, and their ranks have been severely devastated due to the drop in intelligence. They routinely name their leader in all correspondance, and their primary method of assassination is to stand near a road and hope your target wanders past before you get mauled by a passing bear.

10) The continuation of travelling minstrils along the roads has severely decreased fatalities in the wild, thanks to their psychic danger sense abilities, and ability to start playing an urgent song when there is something dangerous attacking. In Skyrim, they have been joined by wandering singing Monks in the hope that one day, maybe a dragon will show up and they can sing the ONLY song they know.

11) Skyrims Horses unusually enough, have claws as sharp as steel, able to climb the steepest of hills. Alas, this has imbued them with an overinflated sense of power, and will happily go toe to toe with a dragon... briefly.

12) Like Cyrodiil, the inhabitants of Skyrim are so obsessed with chastity and modesty that they will never remove their clothes. Ever. A guard may take his armour off to go to sleep, but this is considered slightly rude, and only ever done indoors with other men.

13) In an effort to prevent an unhealthy interest in education, Skyrims bookshelves were originally designed to swallow books once full.

14) Working on the assumption that everybody is guilty of something, its easier to simply to tell everyone that they are being watched like dirty sneak thieves than actually do any police work.

15) Nords are famed for their boasting and exaggeration, almost exclusively by a factor of 10. 7000 steps is actually 700 steps, and 10 inches big is...

16) Some wolves carry gold. This is a mystery. One of the companions goes missing everytime you kill a wolf carrying gold. Also a mystery.

17) Power was balanced so carefully in Skyrim hundreds of years ago, that a necklace capable of giving the wearer a bit more magic, health, and stamina was sufficient to conquer the country.

18) The Jarls of Skyrim are a noble race, and will freely stand all day if someone happens to have sat on their throne before they get there.

19) Among the magical losses, the guards of Skyrim lament the loss of the Psychic Investigator spell commonly used in Cyrodiil 200 years ago. This is compensated somewhat by the "Auto Vigilante" spell homeowners use to summon thugs to chase down their goods. Guards would fulfill this role however they are unable to run for long distances.....

20) One of the most well observed phenomenon: A true Nord will not wear any armour between the chest and feet. Sadly this has put the end to many an adventurers career when they took an arrow in the knee. Immigrants are often faced with a blank stare when the word Greaves is mentioned.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
stealth archer is awesome, but i do have to admit that i am getting a little bored of one-shoting everyone from sneak mode.

Soon enough i am going to start a new character ~ straight up mage.
I am a pure mage! It's very hard early on. You pretty much need conjuration to have all dragons and enemies distracted fighting that so you can run around and flame or frost them. But there are a lot of one shot kills against me. Skeletons and people chasing me, and owning me with one shot because I am wearing robes, lol.

Also, animals at higher levels are a pain. I am running away from a snow bear, only to be attacked by a tiger or a pack of wolves. So, then I have two sets of animals chasing me only to hear the Skyrim theme song, and realize a dragon has found me!! HAHA! So be careful, it's a very challenging way to play, which I love, and much more fun then the run around and hack everything alive.

Next I will play that character or silent archer who owns all with 1 shot kills.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should get my smithing up to 100 tonight so I can make some Dragon Scale armor.

The one shot as an archer is fun but in all the caves/dungeons you can only get one, maybe 2 kills like that before all the other guys in a room of 4-5 come and attack.