Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-26-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I popped the game in an hour ago. I'm headed to Bleak Falls Barrow. Any tips before I venure into this quest?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
I popped the game in an hour ago. I'm headed to Bleak Falls Barrow. Any tips before I venure into this quest?
Kill everything
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. If it moves, make it dead.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or shoot it before it moves!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or

Old 12-27-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think i'm doing something wrong lol I keep getting wrecked like on every quest. On the plus side I have whooped on 3 dragons lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I think i'm doing something wrong lol I keep getting wrecked like on every quest. On the plus side I have whooped on 3 dragons lol
Are you using your perks? At first the same thing was happening to me until I discovered the use of perks. The enemies level up with you, so if you aren't using your perks, they get difficult.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:04 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Also, what type of character are you playing as? Unless you're a full blown mage, try power leveling your Smithing and Enchanting perk trees. Just acquire a ton of iron ingots and make iron daggers or go hunting for hides and make leather bracers. Then, use any soul gems you come across to enchant them with weak enchantments. (Which you can then sell for 100% profit if you used only found crafting materials and soul gems.)

Spending some time doing this, you could be at level 10 but be able to craft incredible gear and enchant it awesomely. (You can buy filled grand soul gems from traders usually. I always end up with more money than I can reasonably use so expense isn't a problem.)

You could level into the teens but be using flawless ebony equipment for example. That should even up the odds.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm helping out the Gray-Manes now. That Fort is so far away. I haven't really delved into anything except for combat based things and some simple spells. I'm also shockingly low on gold presently. There was a part where I was being attacked by a dragon, two sabre cats, a necromancer, and this Delphos guy. That part sort of freaked me out to the point where I need to train up before:
A: I get the horn of Jurgen Windcaller
B: I finish up some side quests
C: I fight any more dragons
What skills should I refine before I do any of this?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Well, if you're struggling in combat, work on those.

Also, remember that the game level scales. So simply jacking up your level won't help. But if you choose your perks intelligently and acquire better equipment, you can get a pretty major edge.

For example, my current character is right at level 20 and I worked on my smithing skills to be able to create a flawless ebony bow (which is at least level 30+ equipment.) Now I'm one shotting Spriggans from sneak mode.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah basically if you only up Smithing, either light or heavy armor (whatever you use), and your weapon of choice, you should be good. Don't want to spread yourself out too thin. That's what I did at first and started over because I didn't know what I was doing.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Also, what type of character are you playing as? Unless you're a full blown mage, try power leveling your Smithing and Enchanting perk trees. Just acquire a ton of iron ingots and make iron daggers or go hunting for hides and make leather bracers. Then, use any soul gems you come across to enchant them with weak enchantments. (Which you can then sell for 100% profit if you used only found crafting materials and soul gems.)

Spending some time doing this, you could be at level 10 but be able to craft incredible gear and enchant it awesomely. (You can buy filled grand soul gems from traders usually. I always end up with more money than I can reasonably use so expense isn't a problem.)

You could level into the teens but be using flawless ebony equipment for example. That should even up the odds.
I'm playing as an orc...dual wielding with heavy armor...level 10 is about where I'm at...i have used most my perks on one handed weapons and heavy armor....been doing the bracer thing but i just started doing it so imma keep doing that for a while...really its mostly anything that can hit from afar that's reallu tearing me up

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
So I'm helping out the Gray-Manes now. That Fort is so far away. I haven't really delved into anything except for combat based things and some simple spells. I'm also shockingly low on gold presently. There was a part where I was being attacked by a dragon, two sabre cats, a necromancer, and this Delphos guy. That part sort of freaked me out to the point where I need to train up before:
That's a tough mission. The were a couple of mage types at the end of the fort that gave me a lot of trouble.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'm playing as an orc...dual wielding with heavy armor...level 10 is about where I'm at...i have used most my perks on one handed weapons and heavy armor....been doing the bracer thing but i just started doing it so imma keep doing that for a while...really its mostly anything that can hit from afar that's reallu tearing me up
Well, the disadvantage of things that can attack you form afar is that you can tear them up by getting close. Don't be afraid to sprint right in at them. They may get off a fireball or an arrow, but you can probably carve them up with your melee weapons without much difficulty.You also get the Whirlwind Sprint shout for free early in the main quest. That can help you close distances really fast against opponents like that like to stay far away.

And if you keep working on your smithing, you'll soon be wielding weapons and armor that outlevels them by quite a bit.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not sure what kind of character you play as, but as a stealth archer, getting the horn of Jurgen Windcaller was very easy. I was only ever attacked once by a spider, and dealt with it relatively easily.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

The Draugr are too easy. Like you said with an archer, when you use the zoom/slow perk you can pick them off easily cause they are so slow rising out of their coffins/holes in the wall anyway.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The Draugr are too easy. Like you said with an archer, when you use the zoom/slow perk you can pick them off easily cause they are so slow rising out of their coffins/holes in the wall anyway.
And you can tell which ones will come alive because they're the only ones wearing armor. They really should have varied the Draugr models more. Have some unarmored ones come alive while some armored ones don't or something....
Old 12-27-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've only had trouble with Draugrs twice. One when you're

And the other when

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Old 12-27-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
So true. A damn dragon killed my wife. And all she was doing was hanging outside putting together some stew for me like a real woman should.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

You know that first housecarl you get? Lydia...well....RIP Lydia =(

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-27-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
You know that first housecarl you get? Lydia...well....RIP Lydia =(
She's only useful for holding your crap anyway. At least until your purchase a house.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My followers have never been killed by anyone else. They always get accidentally killed by me. One time I was attacking a stormcloak fort, and I was with Sven, who I gave a sweet set of steel plate. So he's running around killing, I'm running around killing, but it's night time and I'm not sure who is who. So I kill one guy, take another swing and accidentally get Sven in the chest, lighting him on fire and killing him instantly.

Then I shouted another sidekick to death, because he was standing between me and a bunch of draugrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I should probably get a follower....a friend of mine said they are invaluable during the first part of the game.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-27-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I should probably get a follower....a friend of mine said they are invaluable during the first part of the game.
I disagree. I'd rather get the experience and get more kills for myself so I can level up.