Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-29-2011, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'm just gonna put this as plainly as I can...

I. Want. To ****. Aela.
Definitely, but I have one question. How can women be good huntresses? Won't the smell of their periods give them away to prey? Or is it just a lure? Is she so good because when she's tracking deer, they notice and come running to mate with her?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:37 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe she only hunts 3 weeks of the month.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Civil war quests are still the one thing I haven't touched. My question is if you join the Stormcloaks, can you openly walk around in Solitude and vice versa? My decision might come down to which city, Windhelm or Solitude has the cooler home to purchase. Any thought on that?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:53 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, there are no negatives to joining a side and walking around in the areas controlled by the other. You could be Ulfric's right hand man and stroll down the streets of Solitude with no issue.

It was one of the areas that I think they planned to flesh out more, but had to meet that stupid 11/11/11 release date.

Also, I've never gotten a home in Solitude but the one in Windhelm is pretty decent. You get your own enchanting table and plenty of weapon racks, display cases and mannequins for armor. Plus an enchanters table.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:03 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one in Solitude is awesome. It's a mansion, pretty much. Tons of weapon racks, two mannequins for armor. It's sweet. Expensive though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
The one in Solitude is awesome. It's a mansion, pretty much. Tons of weapon racks, two mannequins for armor. It's sweet. Expensive though.
Yeah I just saw that 25,000. I think I'll join the stormcloaks because I'm a Nord and to just rebel.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol i rolled with the place in Whiterun...a little shabby but better than the shithole the companions wanted me to sleep in.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Lol i rolled with the place in Whiterun...a little shabby but better than the shithole the companions wanted me to sleep in.
If you raise to the top of the Companions, you get the Harbinger's quarters. (ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL!)

Only some of the containers are safe for storage though. Breezehome is the best/cheapest way to go unless you really want a huge place. You can jam everything into the bedroom chest and be good to go.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I AM STARTING RIGHT NOW ON MY BRAND NEW TV! SO EXCITED!

I am stoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
If you raise to the top of the Companions, you get the Harbinger's quarters. (ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL!)

Only some of the containers are safe for storage though. Breezehome is the best/cheapest way to go unless you really want a huge place. You can jam everything into the bedroom chest and be good to go.
You mean storing dragon bones and scales. Why the hell are they so heavy? I'm at 100 smithing and just need to encounter some more dragons to make full dragon plate. I've been lucky/unlucky and haven't seen many. I see some flying around but they don't attack me.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What race should I choose!

I want to be a crazy melee fighter. Ranged is boring.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I AM STARTING RIGHT NOW ON MY BRAND NEW TV! SO EXCITED!

I am stoked.
Enjoy.

Everyone take note, we won't be seeing APS again for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
You mean storing dragon bones and scales. Why the hell are they so heavy? I'm at 100 smithing and just need to encounter some more dragons to make full dragon plate. I've been lucky/unlucky and haven't seen many. I see some flying around but they don't attack me.
It SEEMS like there are 3 types of dragons you can encounter, not counting the strict main quest encounters:

1.) Random dragons that just swoop in and attack

2.) Ones associated with outdoor Word Walls who will do some flying around but won't attack if you aren't near the wall

3.) Named ones summoned by Alduin but aren't part of the MQ

What you are probably seeing are the type #2s. I don't don't know how far they'll venture from the walls as the "roam" but they just will not attack if you aren't near the wall. I even hit one with Dragonrend once but it didn't land.

I've also read that some dragons are programmed in a "scout" mode and will not attack period. They spawn and despawn once you leave the area, but will not attack. Not sure about that.

Try fast traveling a lot if you want more to attack you. The random attack seem to be on a timer based on game time, not real time, so fast traveling will make time in the game go faster.

Just make sure you don't fast travel to places with vulnerable, important NPCs like merchants.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
What race should I choose!

I want to be a crazy melee fighter. Ranged is boring.
Dual wielding Orc or two-handed wielding Nord then.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Enjoy.

Just make sure you don't fast travel to places with vulnerable, important NPCs like merchants.
That's how my wife died. I married Sylgja in Shor's Stone and fast traveled there. She was outside by the pot cooking something and the dragon attacked. She went after it with a dagger with a few guards. She was the only one who didn't survive. And I was getting used to that 100 gold a day and a home cooked meal.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Dual wielding Orc or two-handed wielding Nord then.
I shall be a crazy Viking Nord. My guy looks so badass.
Quote:
Old 12-29-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Just make sure you don't spread your perks out too thin. Stick with a main weapon and armor tree.

It's also helpful to invest in Smithing. This will let you improve your equipment and can give you a serious edge over enemies who level scale with you. Even if all you do is improve some Steel equipment a little bit, it will help a lot.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was disappointed that the coolest helmet in the game was also one of the weakest in the iron helmet. I'm thinking about just making a guy who doesn't give a f*** and sticks to the iron helmet throughout the game, haha.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I was disappointed that the coolest helmet in the game was also one of the weakest in the iron helmet. I'm thinking about just making a guy who doesn't give a f*** and sticks to the iron helmet throughout the game, haha.
There are other horned helmets. The steel horned helmet and the ancient nord helmet has antlers. Kind of cool.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I went with dual wielding Orc for those same reasons.

Also, so those dragons flying around with the dragon face on my map....those are word walls? So that means I can learn a word from there right? I fought one but I couldn't get up all the way up to where he was flying around before he came down.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I'm all wrapped up in wolf armor...if done right I hear it can last you through a good chunk of the game but i'm still a lowly level 12 so idk.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I've never come across an outdoor word wall. I have a bounty from the Jarl in Riften to kill a dragon that is designated by a dragon head on the map. I'll do that first when I play tonight. Considering I need bones to make more dragon plate.
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I went with dual wielding Orc for those same reasons.

Also, so those dragons flying around with the dragon face on my map....those are word walls? So that means I can learn a word from there right? I fought one but I couldn't get up all the way up to where he was flying around before he came down.
Yeah, those mark outdoor Word Walls and "dragon roosts." Climbing up can be a little tricky. If you've already killed the dragon (or don't mind risking your hose) try riding a horse up there. They can do hillier terrain better than you can.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't played in weeks :-( TOR has consumed my existence.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I've never come across an outdoor word wall. I have a bounty from the Jarl in Riften to kill a dragon that is designated by a dragon head on the map. I'll do that first when I play tonight. Considering I need bones to make more dragon plate.
Do you know if it's Shearpoint? If so...that'll be fun for you. >:)
Old 12-29-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Do you know if it's Shearpoint? If so...that'll be fun for you. >:)
Judging from a map I googled and where I remember the location is supposed to be, I think it is Lost Tongue Overlook.

What's the deal with Shearpoint?