Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-24-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I upgrade the house in Whiterun I bought?

Also the house in Windhelm how do I buy it? I completed the murder thing and have free access to that creepy house with blood and bones everywhere.

One last thing, so finally got Dederic Armour, now where the F do I find this damn heart? Also for some reason 1 minute every smith is selling Ebony the next nobody has it, WTF? Should I just smith my way to Dragon Armour?

Lots of questions actually please do answer.

One more thing I'm at level 29 now, why is it all of a sudden everyone I fight is strong as hell? I had to do some black brier poison the mead, and there is a crazy guy in the basement shooting ice rockets(which how do I get now?) at me and only take little damage when I hit him with me sword. I finally killed him by making him get stuck in a corner and shooting him with bows. But did everyone get stronger?

And 1 more thing, my 2 hand weapon skill is 15 in red color, now I looked if I got poisoned or what nothing, I even took poison cure, but still reads 15 in red. I know I'm much higher since I have 60% damage with 2 hand weapon. How do I fix?
Old 01-24-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post

Also the house in Windhelm how do I buy it? I completed the murder thing and have free access to that creepy house with blood and bones everywhere.

One last thing, so finally got Dederic Armour, now where the F do I find this damn heart? Also for some reason 1 minute every smith is selling Ebony the next nobody has it, WTF? Should I just smith my way to Dragon Armour?

Lots of questions actually please do answer.

One more thing I'm at level 29 now, why is it all of a sudden everyone I fight is strong as hell? I had to do some black brier poison the mead, and there is a crazy guy in the basement shooting ice rockets(which how do I get now?) at me and only take little damage when I hit him with me sword. I finally killed him by making him get stuck in a corner and shooting him with bows. But did everyone get stronger?

And 1 more thing, my 2 hand weapon skill is 15 in red color, now I looked if I got poisoned or what nothing, I even took poison cure, but still reads 15 in red. I know I'm much higher since I have 60% damage with 2 hand weapon. How do I fix?
Talk to the Jarl's assistants to upgrade your houses.

The deadric hearts can be found sometimes in houses or in satchels but your best bet is to maybe buy them. They are in the potions and alchemy stores. Expensive. I know there is one you can steal downstairs where the Companions lives.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes. Talk to the steward in the castle.

Quote:
You have to either complete the Imperial conquest side missions or, if you're helping the Stormcloaks, you have to complete the storming of some fort where you break some Stormcloaks out. Then come back and hopefully buy the house and pay extra to have the house "cleaned up". But be careful and save often because the murder quest and the house itself are bugged out the ass.

Quote:
The only heart I've seen for sale so far is at the ingredients shop in Solitude. Just keep your eyes open. I think it's difficult to find on purpose.

Quote:
I am at level 31 I think and at ~lvl 25 enemies became difficult again. I don't know what the threshholds are but I like it. I still can mow through bandits pretty easily, and dragons have just never been that hard for some reason, but mages, some soldiers, and certain dragaurs can kick my ass pretty hard, especially if they gang up on me and start summoning atronachs.

Quote:
I don't think I understand what you mean about "in red". You mean the progress bar? Isn't that always red?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good news everyone!

The 1.4 patch is forthcoming. Here's a bugfix list -> http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/201...tes-published/

Once released and confirmed to not suck I will probably start over.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-24-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did it come out yet? It said it should be released any moment and that article was written 3 days ago.

Also I assume I'd have to start a new save file as well for the fixes to take place.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recall getting an email from Steam saying that the patch was out in Beta mode for PC users. We're the guinea pigs you see...
Old 01-24-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not the progress bar, the skill rating. So it should read like 60 skill in 2 handed weapon, but it reads 15 kill in read. And I know when you wear certain thing it gives it a boost, like my speech goes to like 45 in green from 30 when I wear a +15 speech boost necklace.

Maybe it is the ebony armour I'm wearing.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not the progress bar, the skill rating. So it should read like 60 skill in 2 handed weapon, but it reads 15 kill in read. And I know when you wear certain thing it gives it a boost, like my speech goes to like 45 in green from 30 when I wear a +15 speech boost necklace.

Maybe it is the ebony armour I'm wearing.
Go to a shrine and get a blessing, and if that doesn't change it, try resting in a bed.

Also, if you're looking for Daedra hearts, the one in Jorrvaskr respawns fairly often. Mehrunes Shrine is the best place for quantity, but requires completing the Pieces of the Past quest and you'll have to kill 4 summoned Dremora Lords to get the hearts (two spawn outside, and two are inside the shrine; there's also tons of loot in there, including ebony ingots to make Daedric items). Even after you defeat them, they'll respawn a couple days later, along with the loot, so it's a great place to load up. For ebony ore, Gloombound Mine in Narzulbur has a massive amount of ebony ore veins inside. Narzulbur is an Orchish stronghold, and when you first approach, a guard will stop you and say you're not welcome. After asking how you can become welcomed by them, or be made "bloodkin," she'll say you have to find an item called the Forgemaster's Fingers and present it to their cheif. You don't have to do any of that (unless you want to). You can walk right into the hold and they won't attack. They'll just keep saying, "You're not welcome here, outlander," and junk like that. So just walk right in, head to the mine, and flipping empty it.

That'll set you up with 5 Daedra hearts and enough ebony ingots to make the weapons and armor.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I'm pissed because you can't go up the light armor side of the smithing and then after getting to dragon armor jump over to the daedric. I'd have to go back over and waste 5 perks to get inferior heavy armor.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm pissed because you can't go up the light armor side of the smithing and then after getting to dragon armor jump over to the daedric. I'd have to go back over and waste 5 perks to get inferior heavy armor.
I think this is a pretty common mishap.

Why'd ya go up the light armor side anyway? The Conditioning perk on the heavy armor tree made it an easy choice for me to choose heavy armor.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I think this is a pretty common mishap.

Why'd ya go up the light armor side anyway? The Conditioning perk on the heavy armor tree made it an easy choice for me to choose heavy armor.
What does the conditioning perk do? I just figured the light armor went with the thief/sneak archer type character.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What does the conditioning perk do? I just figured the light armor went with the thief/sneak archer type character.
Makes the heavy armor you're wearing weightless and it doesn't slow you down when worn.

Although, I think it still makes more noise when sneaking, but you can cast Muffle or enchant the armor to boost sneaking. Plus, whatever the perks in the sneaking tree do.

But you need to be Lvl. 70 in heavy armor to get it, so you'd have been at a disadvantage early on in the game, so ya probably chose right in the end.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Makes the heavy armor you're wearing weightless and it doesn't slow you down when worn.

Although, I think it still makes more noise when sneaking, but you can cast Muffle or enchant the armor to boost sneaking. Plus, whatever the perks in the sneaking tree do.

But you need to be Lvl. 70 in heavy armor to get it, so you'd have been at a disadvantage early on in the game, so ya probably chose right in the end.
Yeah especially since raising your level requires taking damage. Which is one thing for a melee warrior but as a sneaky archer I'm not trying to take much damage at all.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I find it hard to set out with one intention and stick to it. Yesterday I planned to finish Blood on the Ice, liberate the Stormcloak prisoners in a fort, and buy the house in Windhelm. Instead I did manage to finish Blood on the Ice but then just dicked around doing a bunch of other stuff that I just happened across.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-26-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The openness of the game is both a blessing & a curse.

Happens to me all the time:

Wife: "don't get lost in Skyrim"
Me: "Don't worry honey, I'm just going to finish off this dungeon, enchant all of my loot & then sell it. Half-hour tops..."
.........5 hours later.........
Wife: "Welcome back to reality, Dragonborn....."
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Mixing, matching, and customizing is what gets me. Spent the last hour deciding what Jordis the Sword-Maiden will wear. At first, I had her in Dragon Plate armor, Dragon Scale gauntlets, Dragon Scale boots, a circlet, and an Elvish greatsword. Now she's wearing Daedric armor, Steel Plate gauntlets, Steel shin boots, Imperial helmet, and is lugging around Wuuthrad now.

Worth it. Totally worth it.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

horses can be witnesses to murder, FYI.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
horses can be witnesses to murder, FYI.
As can mudcrabs and other creatures. So dumb.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-27-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
As can mudcrabs and other creatures. So dumb.
didnt know about other animals. I killed a couple dudes in the woods, and then when I killed the horse on accident it told me the witnesses were dead. I laughed.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
didnt know about other animals. I killed a couple dudes in the woods, and then when I killed the horse on accident it told me the witnesses were dead. I laughed.
It will hopefully be fixed in the upcoming patch. It's never happened to me but people on the interwebz have reported doing the same thing you described, but with a mudcrab.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-27-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I can feel it in my bones that tonight is going to be a long night of skyrim. I start at 10 feel like i'm be done at 12, but when I look up its 2 am.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I can feel it in my bones that tonight is going to be a long night of skyrim. I start at 10 feel like i'm be done at 12, but when I look up its 2 am.
Haha I'm feeling the same thing. I have a long day of drinking tomorrow (all day bar crawl) so I'm resting up tonight. In addition my gf is sick so I think it is gonna be Skyrim and take out Chinese.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I think it is gonna be Skyrim and take out Chinese.
too much awesomeness to comprehend.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tend to lose weight when I play video games because I can't be bothered to stop to eat. Between work and needing some sleep, I don't waste my free time on non-video game related things.

Sometime in the middle of February, I'm going to play through ME1 and 2 to set up my character for 3 when it comes out in March. I might lose 10 pounds.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

"Why would you want a sword made of glass?" - My dad.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.