Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-06-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would have to be a pretty weak dragon I think. With my best archer character and a daedric bow, it still took at least 4-5 shots on the mid-level dragons.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It would have to be a pretty weak dragon I think. With my best archer character and a daedric bow, it still took at least 4-5 shots on the mid-level dragons.
Hmm, how high is that character's archer rating? Mine's pretty decent, but I havent been on in a while.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

70s or 80s I think. Don't recall for sure...I haven't played in a few weeks.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a glitch on youtube where a guy made a bow with like 1.5 billion damage. As he said, shooting it at the ground would probably destroy the planet. I'm sure you could one-shot a dragon with it. But you have to be good at alchemy and enchanting to do it.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Lie to me and say you don't want this:

Old 02-07-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lie to me and say you don't want this:

Haha. I've still never done one of their quests.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Haha. I've still never done one of their quests.
Much like Oblivion, you don't really need to be proficient at what the guild does in order to join and succeed. I went through the quests with my archer/thief/assassin who has no magical skill at all. They just hand you the basic skills you'll actually need to advance.

It's convenient, but also annoying. you could be a huge hammer-wielding barbarian and be the archmage of Winterhold.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Much like Oblivion, you don't really need to be proficient at what the guild does in order to join and succeed. I went through the quests with my archer/thief/assassin who has no magical skill at all. They just hand you the basic skills you'll actually need to advance.

It's convenient, but also annoying. you could be a huge hammer-wielding barbarian and be the archmage of Winterhold.
I actually am a huge hammer-wielding barbarian, and I'm going to go become archmage right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty awesome deal - http://store.steampowered.com/sale/skyrim_midweek
Old 02-07-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Holy ****, that is a good deal.

And just to show how good of a game Morrowind is, they're still charging as much for it as they are Oblivion and it's 10 years old. Fantastic game.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I spoke too soon about dragon attacks. I was doing the 7000 steps up to High Hrothgar with my mage when a blood dragon attacks out of ****ing nowhere. I mean I am seriously high up, I didn't think a dragon attack would happen. No warning. I ran out of magicka and had no more potions so he killed me dead.

edit: this might be my dorkiest post of all time.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-07-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I spoke too soon about dragon attacks. I was doing the 7000 steps up to High Hrothgar with my mage when a blood dragon attacks out of ****ing nowhere. I mean I am seriously high up, I didn't think a dragon attack would happen. No warning. I ran out of magicka and had no more potions so he killed me dead.

Yeah, definitely no dragons way up there, right?
Old 02-07-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
I figured dragons had a flight ceiling of some sort. I've never noticed one flying that high before. Just another reason I love this game. It's not perfect but I am enjoying the hell out of it.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-07-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Holy ****, that is a good deal.

And just to show how good of a game Morrowind is, they're still charging as much for it as they are Oblivion and it's 10 years old. Fantastic game.
I have been contending that Morrowind is the best game in the series... I wish they wouldn't have dumbed the games down to make them more appealing to the masses.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I have been contending that Morrowind is the best game in the series... I wish they wouldn't have dumbed the games down to make them more appealing to the masses.
It makes more money though. PC gaming will never be the cash cow that console gaming is.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-07-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
And that's, sadly, exactly what happened.

I have many thousands of hours in Morrowind, and every time I play it, I still find things I must have missed before.

Compare that to the couple hundred in Oblivion over the years and around 130 in Skyrim...

They're a vast but shallow puddle. Lots to see and do...on like 2-3 play throughs.

In Morrowind, if you can create just one character and become the head of every guild and faction without cheating, you're obviously some sort of gaming god. I did it once with an Orc I started as a screw-around character.

Quote:
It makes more money though. PC gaming will never be the cash cow that console gaming is.
Bethesda PC games hang around because of a HUGE modding community though. If they could convince Microsoft to allow them to put modding software on the XBox version, look out.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Bethesda PC games hang around because of a HUGE modding community though. If they could convince Microsoft to allow them to put modding software on the XBox version, look out.
I wish there was some sort of delivery system that would make mods compatible on all platforms. I understand that is probably asking too much. But it would kick serious ass.

For me though the mods are a two edged sword. I can get lost in them and just stop playing altogether.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-07-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everyone knows dragons hate mountains.

Speaking of which, Dragonrend kinda ruins fighting them for me. I ran into my first Ancient Dragon the other day, and before I could even really react, it had half my health gone. Unlocked Dragonrend, and then ran into another Ancient Dragon and his little Elder Dragon brother. Needed two health potions, but it was a pretty simple fight. They died right next to one another...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

A guy on the Bethesda forums posted a picture of 4 dragon skeletons all piled right around eachother a while back. Kind of funny.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think I am going to get this deal tomorrow despite having the game for PS3
Old 02-08-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

problem #1...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

incorrect.

i think that my mage is my funnest character out of the 3 that i have. i like conjuring up an atronach and ******* everyone up from a distance. much more fun that my hack & slash nord or my sneaky archer.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
problem #1...
It's not my normal style but I am having fun playing a different way.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-09-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to change midstream into a more balanced character. I started practicing spells by attacking my horse, whose name I'm forgetting. The unkillable one. So I did that, and tried to use my new fire skillz in practice, but since I'm level 40 with 40 destruction skill, I get **** kicked and pull out my warhammer before long. It's the only way to advance now though, because my heavy armor and 2 handed are at 100 each, and that's basically all I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SHadowmere

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote