Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-13-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
I've been wanting a new game, and have been thinking about this, but I got bored of Fallout like 6 hours into it.

Hmmm.
How does one get bored of a Bethesda game that quickly? You obviously weren't doing something right.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
How does one get bored of a Bethesda game that quickly? You obviously weren't doing something right.
I didn't like the "fetchquest-y" nature of it, and thought that the combat system was stupid.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't like the "fetchquest-y" nature of it, and thought that the combat system was stupid.
The "VAX" or whatever the hell that was called? I just didn't use it and treated the game like a shooter.

Plus, I bet you never got to the Dunwich building. Seriously, **** that place. Bethesda games all need more places like that. Terrifying places...

And I guess I just don't mind going through a few fetch quests to get into the meat of the game. The cool thing with any Bethesda game is that you're under no obligation to actually do anything specific right away. You get through the beginning of the game and then can just do whatever the hell you want.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The "VAX" or whatever the hell that was called? I just didn't use it and treated the game like a shooter.

Plus, I bet you never got to the Dunwich building. Seriously, **** that place. Bethesda games all need more places like that. Terrifying places...

And I guess I just don't mind going through a few fetch quests to get into the meat of the game. The cool thing with any Bethesda game is that you're under no obligation to actually do anything specific right away. You get through the beginning of the game and then can just do whatever the hell you want.
I tried doing that, and then it felt like I was spending 75% of my time collecting dropped guns to constantly repair my ****.

AND ALL THE USELESS ITEMS EVERYWHERE, GOOD GOD, I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES OF GOING THROUGH MY INVENTORY TO MANAGE AND DROP ALL THE USELESS ****

I thought the concept of the game was pretty cool, just couldn't get into it for whatever reason.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Also, build a Railway Rifle. (The one that shoots railroad spikes.) It makes a hell of an awesome noise and blows off limbs in one shot.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

The last thing I remember doing was killing all the wanna-be vampires and stealing all their cool ****.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Think I'm gonna get Gamefly and give this and Skyward Sword a rent.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I really want to get Fallout. New Vegas or 3?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Now I really want to get Fallout. New Vegas or 3?
I've only played 3. In comparison to other games, I liked it more than Oblivion, about the same as Skyrim and less that Morrowind. But Morrowind is my favorite game ever, so few share that opinion...

Plus you can get 3 dirt cheap used. My copy cost like $15 on Amazon used.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've only played 3. In comparison to other games, I liked it more than Oblivion, about the same as Skyrim and less that Morrowind. But Morrowind is my favorite game ever, so few share that opinion...

Plus you can get 3 dirt cheap used. My copy cost like $15 on Amazon used.
Morrowind is one of the best games i have ever played... Besides the bugs and the cruddy graphics it is twice the game that Skyrim is.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Morrowind is one of the best games i have ever played... Besides the bugs and the cruddy graphics it is twice the game that Skyrim is.
If you get all of the patches for it, even the bugs are cut way down. Far fewer than Skyrim, I know that...

And the graphics weren't bad when it came out...in 2002. By today's standards, yeah, but graphics are one of the least important qualities of a game for me.

If the game is engaging enough, you tend to stop noticing the graphics anyway. I played through all of the old PS1 Final Fantasies again last winter and the graphics stopped bugging me within the first hour of playing any of them.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

^^^I still play Diablo 2 and original Starcraft all the time.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Also, mods. You want it to look prettier?

Morrowind Graphics Extender:
http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5535

And the best thing of all? Even the cheapest of today's PCs can play it.

And this is just fun if you've ever played the game, see if you can recognize everyone:

Old 02-14-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm playing through with a new character and the Companions fighting the giant as well as taking the sword to Proventus never happened. I'll let you guys know if I find anything more significant.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I tried doing that, and then it felt like I was spending 75% of my time collecting dropped guns to constantly repair my ****.

AND ALL THE USELESS ITEMS EVERYWHERE, GOOD GOD, I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES OF GOING THROUGH MY INVENTORY TO MANAGE AND DROP ALL THE USELESS ****

I thought the concept of the game was pretty cool, just couldn't get into it for whatever reason.
I hated that game. I always felt like I had way too few bullets to ever shoot anything and then everything killed me. And I would always get loaded up on items, try to sell them and make like 10 caps. Hated it.

But I've logged probably like 90 hours in Skyrim overall. Maybe a little more. I found I was getting bored with it 70 hours into my main character, but then I switched play styles and started a new game and am loving it once again. I'd highly recommend it. Oh and I tried playing Oblivion once or twice but couldn't at all get into it. Skyrim is the first game of it's type I've really enjoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm turning autosave back on. I spent like 1.5 hrs. going through this huge-ass dungeon trying to get a certain staff for the College of Winterhold questline, got to a trap that I wasn't expecting, died, and lost all that progress. I'm still used to PC where I can just hit F5 to quicksave, no comparable option on PS3.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

My laptop is lame and has the "F" keys also the video control keys. (fast forward, rewind, play, etc.)

I have to hold down CTRL in order for the F5 quicksave to work. So annoying because it brings me out of sneak if I'm in it.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I used to not like RPG's, but I've gone 300+ hours with my character. It and BB's love affair with Morrowind makes me want to try it, but this time on PC where I can go to town with these mods.

Oh, and if you buy Hjerim and don't clean up the murderer's mess, you keep the chest that's right on the left when you walk in the door. If you have them clean up the mess, it disappears (along with everything in it, if you have anything stored). Only problem, besides the bones and stuff (unless you're like me and you kinda think it's neat), is in the hidden enchanting/alchemy room where the ritual table blocks off the view of the bottom weapon plaque and a bookshelf. But, there are still two more plaques above it, you have a friggen armory upstairs, and as for the books, you have ten other bookshelf rows elsewhere in the house. If storing greatswords in nightstands bugs you, it's an ok trade for the most convenient chest location among all the houses (others are in bedrooms, or the alchemy station in the Febreezehome). And now that the bug has been fixed, you can always clean up the mess later on, even after purchasing the living room upgrades.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Yeah, I used to not like RPG's, but I've gone 300+ hours with my character. It and BB's love affair with Morrowind makes me want to try it, but this time on PC where I can go to town with these mods.

Oh, and if you buy Hjerim and don't clean up the murderer's mess, you keep the chest that's right on the left when you walk in the door. If you have them clean up the mess, it disappears (along with everything in it, if you have anything stored). Only problem, besides the bones and stuff (unless you're like me and you kinda think it's neat), is in the hidden enchanting/alchemy room where the ritual table blocks off the view of the bottom weapon plaque and a bookshelf. But, there are still two more plaques above it, you have a friggen armory upstairs, and as for the books, you have ten other bookshelf rows elsewhere in the house. If storing greatswords in nightstands bugs you, it's an ok trade for the most convenient chest location among all the houses (others are in bedrooms, or the alchemy station in the Febreezehome). And now that the bug has been fixed, you can always clean up the mess later on, even after purchasing the living room upgrades.
I worked for days pre-update to do everything in that murderer quest just right so Hjerim wouldn't glitch. Then once I finally got it I started over. Kinda dumb I guess.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-14-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Now that the mod kit has been released for PC, what are the odds that modders get to work making the gameplay more like Morrowind? As in they'll make race actually matter, make it so you can't just max out most/all skill trees, etc. That might make me upgrade my PC. As it is my comp would take an arrow to the knee if I tried to run this game on it.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-14-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Now that the mod kit has been released for PC, what are the odds that modders get to work making the gameplay more like Morrowind? As in they'll make race actually matter, make it so you can't just max out most/all skill trees, etc. That might make me upgrade my PC. As it is my comp would take an arrow to the knee if I tried to run this game on it.
It won't take long. Give it a few weeks and you'll see full blown game replacers out there. TES Nexus is a good place to look. Also, the official forums. A lot of modders post "RELZ" threads there when they release it. (I forget teh actual abbreviation...might just be REZ)
Old 02-14-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't even activate the Hjerim quest. So pissed.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:03 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
I can't even activate the Hjerim quest. So pissed.
I thought the new patch fixed that.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-15-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was supposed to. But I still get nothing.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never had a problem with Hjerim quest, even before the patch. But now I haven't touched the game in like 3 weeks cause of the damn freezing and haven't really had time.