Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-24-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I have a PS3. I get nothing.
Well you're just uber-boned then. Did they ever fix that save file size issue that made the game unplayable after a few dozen hours?
Old 05-24-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Well you're just uber-boned then. Did they ever fix that save file size issue that made the game unplayable after a few dozen hours?
It was never a problem for me, so I assume so.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
It was never a problem for me, so I assume so.
When it first came out, the PS3 version was a wreck. Some places, like in the UK, started offering the PS3 version at half price because of it.

Bethesda admitted the error but said it was something deep in the coding that they couldn't fix quickly. Players figured out that turning off autosave help alleviate the problem for a while, but once you got 100+ hours in, it became nearly unplayable.

I got bored with it back in January/February and stopped following the news on it. Was just curious because a lot of PS3 players were livid as **** about it.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, accidentally saved over my level 36 character with a level 2. Well, at least I'll have more to do with the game.
What kinda character are you gonna make it?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
What kinda character are you gonna make it?
The level 36 was a Wood Elf stealth archer, this new guy is a Nord who smashes things with his two-handed warhammer.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-24-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I always get bored with super melee characters. Something about the sneaking around, shooting things with bows and using melee as a last resort just kicks ass for me.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never did run into the really bad PS3 errors. The last update they did with the new kill cams supposedly fixed the rest of the PS3 problems.

I've considered buying a new video card for my PC so I can play Skyrim mods but I don't want to spend the money on a new card AND to buy Skyrim again. Plus the rest of my PC is not that great so a lot of the graphics card mods wouldn't work.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I always get bored with super melee characters. Something about the sneaking around, shooting things with bows and using melee as a last resort just kicks ass for me.
I kept grinding til I got 100 in smithing, enchanting, and alchemy, and made some gear that makes destructive and alteration spells cost nothing. Also I can make potions worth thousands of gold with easily-found ingredients, so I can afford anything I want. So there isn't a ton of challenge. I may just finish the main story with that character and then start over with a steathy assassin type when the DLC comes out.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-24-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I. Still. Love. This. Game.

Comes out this summer. XBox 360 gets it a month early. They'll release more info at E3, which is in, like, two weeks.

Players have dissected the 1.5 patch and found some clues in the coding names that have been put in place already prior to the DLC. Speculation is that the arc will feature...

oh, ****. this will really piss off the wife. nice.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I really miss my stealth archer. But I'm not going to play that whole method over again.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-25-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have horrendous ADD, so I cycle between my melee/conjurer Nord (Lvl 60's), thief Argonian (Lvl 40's), and mage Breton (Lvl 10's). If I lose interest in one, I can switch and pick up a different one and play it. It helps in a lot.

Just save before you switch and don't leave it autosaved... :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I'd get so lost if I tried doing that. I need to stick to one character so I always know what I just did, am doing and am about to do.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I first tried the game I didn't really know what I was doing, so I had a heavy armor, one handed, blocking, and destruction heavy...kajiit lol.

Then I switched to playing on my PS3, and have a stealth based wood elf. I always tend to wind up with well rounded characters though, as my archery is 100, one handed in the 80s, light and heavy armor in the high 60s.

Game is too addicting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

You know something I just realized...the leader of the assassin's guild in each game always dies a fairly gruesome death.

In Morrowind, you kill the Night Mother when she visits. She's in a Daedric ruin where you can pick up some fairly gnarly weapons, including Daedric ones to kill her with. Then, to take over the Morag Tong, you have to kill the old Grandmaster in combat. And then in Tribunal, the leader of the Dark Brotherhood there dies by your hand as you hack your way through all of his minions.

In Oblivion, Lucien Lechance gets strung up and skinned alive. And you kill the previous Listener.

In Skyrim, she burns nearly to death praying to the Night Mother and the you finish her off.

Hell...most of the factions in most of the games end with the previous grandmaster dieing in some way. You kill the previous leaders of all the guilds and factions in Morrowind except for the Thieves Guild (he retires) and the Temple (he retires.) (You get the option of killing or blackmailing the leader of the Commona Tong who has major pull over the Hlaalu councilors.)

Oblivion...two of the four faction leaders die and the other two retire.

Skyrim...they ALL die except for the leader civil war faction you support.

Being a faction leader in an Elder Scrolls game means you are extremely likely to die.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some people are currently working on a multiplayer mod for Skyrim. It is still rough, but they're getting a lot of the stuff down and in place. I figured there'd be a few people who are interested in seeing that.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I have horrendous ADD, so I cycle between my melee/conjurer Nord (Lvl 60's), thief Argonian (Lvl 40's), and mage Breton (Lvl 10's). If I lose interest in one, I can switch and pick up a different one and play it. It helps in a lot.

Just save before you switch and don't leave it autosaved... :(
My mistake.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-27-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Some people are currently working on a multiplayer mod for Skyrim. It is still rough, but they're getting a lot of the stuff down and in place. I figured there'd be a few people who are interested in seeing that.

That seems like it'd be wicked fun, except when divvying up loot. :)

That reminds me of Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, and letting my friends and sister get the gold cause I used the 10000K cheat.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

That looks amazingly awesome actually. Ugh...I may have to get a character ready for this. Gotta get through the rest of FF7 first. I'll put my FF game marathon on hold.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Horse combat and crossbows. Sweet.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-31-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Horse combat and crossbows. Sweet.
Horse combat is coming in the next Skyrim patch. To me the bigger deal was playing as a demon with flight capabilities.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-31-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Horse combat is coming in the next Skyrim patch. To me the bigger deal was playing as a demon with flight capabilities.
The demon thing is cool, but I assume it can only be used in the expansion area, whereas horse combat and crossbows will be available all around. Good to hear about that patch though.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-31-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
The demon thing is cool, but I assume it can only be used in the expansion area, whereas horse combat and crossbows will be available all around. Good to hear about that patch though.
I doubt that, unless the expansion area is some kind of other realm where that magic works.

I bet it'll be like the werewolves from Bloodmoon. Once infected, you got to take that power with you everywhere else in the game, expansion or not.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Another good thing about the break I took from the game was all of the new and better mods that have come out since then.

http://techland.time.com/2012/05/31/...im-monster-mod
Old 05-31-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Another good thing about the break I took from the game was all of the new and better mods that have come out since then.

http://techland.time.com/2012/05/31/...im-monster-mod
I was just reading that. I may install the Monster and King of Riverhelm mods.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I was just reading that. I may install the Monster and King of Riverhelm mods.
Monster looks slick as hell. I installed a few before I quit playing that were decent. A menu retool was one of them and it was amazingly nice. The default menu system is just ******** on the PC.